main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist CPL_Macja's attempt at fanart (Updated 02/01/2012)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CPL_Macja, Mar 9, 2009.

1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    These are the random attempts of a SW Fan at being an artist. I hope you enjoy them. I will have brief descriptions and urls here, and the images will be further down the thread. Enjoy!

Mando Sniper T-Shirt
    [image=http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/CPL_Macja/t_shirt_mandosniper.jpg] [image=http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/CPL_Macja/MandoSniper.jpg]
    This is just a t-shirt concept based on the USANG SDM one I got when I completed the course in Arkansas back in 2009. It was my last hurrah in the service and I really liked the idea. This is also the banner for the symbol that I created first.

This is a coat of arms that I created for Clan Prann (OC Mandalorian/Corellian in one of my fics)

This is what I visualized the Shoulder Unit Patch of the 212th Attack Battalion GAR would have worn if they had uniforms like the US Army.

This is what I visualized the Shoulder Unit Patch of the 501st Legion GAR would have worn if they had uniforms like the US Army.

I am working on creating a Unit Crest for an X-Wing Squadron and have a couple of WIPs for the same patch. I know that they are not of the best quality but I don't have Photoshop (or any other type of fancy graphic software for that fact) so I was stuck with MS Paint. If you know of anyone that is good with Photoshop and wants to clean these up, have at it. I am not too proud to admit that I need help.
    Version 1.0
    Version 1.2
    Version 1.3
    Version 1.4

This the Unit Patch that I worked up for an X-Wing RP that was being run by s65horsey. The name of the group was Phantom Squadron.

This another series of Unit Patches that I have worked up for STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game) that is being run by Bravo. The name of the group was the MERC Fighter-Interceptor Squadron. They have since been renamed Guardian Squadron.
    Version 1.1
    Version 1.2
    Version 2.0
    Version 2.5< -- The groups choice!

This is a flag that I created for the Saga AU FanFic Series that I am working on: Legacy of the Republic. This is the Cover Art that I created for the first book in the series is called The Vaders. Come over and have a read sometime.

My submission for the Fan Art section of the Even Greater Summer Civil War in the SWC.

Random pencil sketches:
    The Fett
    http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/CPL_Macja

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Wow! Very nice! =D=

3. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    Good writer and a good artist eh? A man of many talents

4. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks for the comments. I wouldn't really consider myself an "artist". I am simply doing cut and paste to combine some ideas. The real artists are the users that do completely original works. I tip my hats to them.

These are just some other things that I have cobbled together:

[​IMG]
    This is a coat of arms that I created for Clan Prann (OC Mandalorian/Corellian in my fics)

[​IMG]
    This is what I visualized the Shoulder Unit Patch of the 212th Attack Battalion GAR would have worn if they had uniforms like the US Army.

[​IMG]
    This is what I visualized the Shoulder Unit Patch of the 501st Legion GAR would have worn if they had uniforms like the US Army.

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That´s cool. T-shirt designs.

=D=

I love them, especially the first motive.

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks for that Angel...

I am new to the FA lingo... what did you mean by the first motive?

BTW... I am thinking of moving the Banner in the first post to my second post and edit the first post with all T-Shirt designs.

What do you all think?

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I meant the one about "saving the galaxy" with the storm tropper helmet.

*imagines her wearing that at school and the reactions of her students*

[face_laugh]

8. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I would love to see that in a classroom.:D

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, it would be worth a try...

[face_laugh]

10. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    I like the stormtrooper logo. I'd have it on a t-shirt ^___^ Your work is neat and clean, very nice. What are you using ?

11. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Believe it or not... MS Paint.

I have a new laptop that I work on, along with my work computers. I haven't had time to purchase nor install Photoshop on the new laptop and my work computers have the bare essentials. (I am just happy they haven't blocked me from tf.n yet:D )

I have some pieces that I have posted on the *officialPhotoshop* thread here I am looking for some help on. I will be posting them here soon.

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Jaaaaaaaay your stuff looks great :D I particularly like the stormtrooper :D

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Thanks for the concrit.

My "sniped" stormtrooper seems to be a fan fav.

Ironically I was only goofing around with that and wasn't even going to put it up.

14. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi there! **waving** Some very nice pieces here--the "Saving the Galaxy" tee is great (even if it WAS just "goofing around!" ;) )! I like the logos, too--very clean, very good choices for color. Nice work--keep it going! :D

FF

15. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    This is the post that I put up on the *Official PhotoShop* Board.
    This is my cry for help. I would love to get these cleaned up so that my fellow squadmates can vote on them. If you know of any one around here that can help tell them to PM me, Please.

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sorry, I am no help at all with such matters, but I can admire your art, okay?!?

17. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Absolutely, enjoy all you want.

I enjoy that you are enjoying the work I put up.

Thank you all.

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This fanart thread is like a colourful market. So many things the eyes can feast on. So many different ways of expressing yourself, of doing SW characters plus other themes (like Han did his Piccard recently) and ideas that are triggered due to looking at the art of others.

So I indeed enjoy to enjoy when I find the time to do so.

19. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    What do you mean by 'cleaned up' ? They look clean to me :)
    I don't think I know anyone that just tidies up work, but I can ask.

You can download a trial version of photoshop on the Adobe website ^^

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks for the complement.^

To me I guess I can see all the little flaws that are there because I am the one that put them together.

21. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    dang CPL those are cool! why didn't you say you were so creative? :p

22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Because I didn't thank that I was.:p

Thank you for the compliement[face_blush]

23. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Wow! Those are so cool![face_hypnotized] =D=

24. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks Jag, as a matter of fact the TIS is patch is what inspired me to do these.

25. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Cool! You should visit us over at teh Nest!![face_peace]