main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CR Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Shara_82, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    This is a new announcement that has been posted in the CR forum as of today. A copy is being posted here, too, so that everyone knows what they can expect of their elected representatives. :)

As you all know by now, I'm sure, there has been a lot of discussion about the behaviour of City Reps, what is expected of them, and what will happen if they do not live up to those standards. After a discussion in the Old Folks Home, we have come up with the following guidelines to try and make it clear to everyone where we all stand. Now before you all protest, both the RSAs and the GSAs have all agreed that we ourselves are also held to the standards that we are asking you to uphold.

They're reasonably simple, really, there are only two of them.

1. You will follow the Terms of Service of these boards to the letter. Yes, it may seem unfair of you to have to be that careful with what you post, but you do have to remember that as City Reps, you are representing your forums. You are role models for the other members of your chapter. They will be looking to you for examples of how to behave and post.

If you are concerned that what you are posting is against the TOS, don't post it. If what you are saying was fully appropriate for these boards, you would not have that small doubt about it. If you are not sure about something, contact your RSA and ask them - they will be more than happy to help you with any of your queries.

Further more, if you see something against the TOS posted in one of your forums, you must contact your RSA and have it removed. Yes, it may be an unpopular move, but part of your job is to keep your forums clean and point out to your RSA anything they may not have seen.

2. You must be polite, courteous and helpful at all times. We're not asking you to be perfect. We're simply telling you that you must not post with 'attitude' during your tenure as a City Rep. Once again, you are representing your forum, and must act as a role model at all time.

We have set out what will happen to you if you do not hold yourself to this, too.

The first time you will be warned. We will let you know exactly what we think you did wrong, and what we think you can do to make it not happen again.
    The second time you will have a temporary demotion, time to be determined depending on the offence. Some offences will get longer punishments than others.
    If you commit an offence for the third time you will be permanently demoted and we will ask your chapter to elect a new CR.

Now before you all start panicking, this applies from now on. Unless you have been warned about something recently, the next thing any of you do will result in step one, the warning.

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I have some real problems with #2 there.

I certainly have no qualms about helpfulness, but I think it's unreasonable to mandate that everything a CR posts should be helpful at all times. These people we elect are more than just Help Machines.

The same goes for politeness and courteousness, but for different reasons. A person should be polite and courteous to his fellow man only as long as he deserves it. What is so unreasonable about that? What is so bad about biting sarcasm when it is called for? Since when is it a violation of the TOS to call out idiocy?

Furthermore, I see no reason why any mere CR should follow guidelines that RSAs, GSAs, mods, admins, and staff alike have proven they themselves will not follow.

3. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I have to agree. CR's should not be expected to behave better then any mod, manager or admin.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    So do I tc, that is why this line is in there: "Now before you all protest, both the RSAs and the GSAs have all agreed that we ourselves are also held to the standards that we are asking you to uphold."

5. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Doesn't seem like such a bad thing to ask of someone. After all, no one's forcing them to do this. If youre gonna hold this type of position, and become a "face" of the board, you should be able to control yourself and act in a courteous and helpful way, even when someone doesn't deserve it, lol. If it's not your style, don't apply for the job. That's why I probably wouldn't :D

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, I must have missed the part where mods weren't held to a higher standards...Must have been a memo sent out during my month or so long demotion at the beginning of this year. Maybe I'll PM Lord Mauly Mall, see if he got that message or not.

[face_plain]

7. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    O, damn me for not treading fully :p

OK, I was wrong - you are right. {best save this - I don't admit I'm wrong all that often :p <mainly because I'm not often wrong!> }

8. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "So do I tc, that is why this line is in there: 'Now before you all protest, both the RSAs and the GSAs have all agreed that we ourselves are also held to the standards that we are asking you to uphold.'"

That doesn't mean it's not a big fat lie.

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I think most of what is said in that message is obvious or redundant.

All of the CRs I communicate with were helpful and polite before they became CRs. Thats perhaps why they became CRs - they were frequently on the boards, were nice, friendly and extremely helpful to other posters in their FF board, and as a result ended up being voted (or otherwise) into the CR position.

I think its insulting to highlight to them to obey the TOS - surely they know that, and shouldn't we all be doing that anyways?

11. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    "If you are concerned that what you are posting is against the TOS, don't post it. "

OR just post it with a sock [face_mischief] [face_devil]

12. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Makes another notation in big uber-secret mod book of 'People and IP addresses to keep an eye on...'

13. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    DarthJurist writes... "Makes another notation in big uber-secret mod book of 'People and IP addresses to keep an eye on...'"

Oh you must be new.. JediWarrior is Chapters 4-8, and part of 12!

14. JWInAGhostCostume

JWInAGhostCostume Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2002
    What, you think I exhibit too many socks? ;) :p
    //looks down at costume
    :( I thought it was a nice ghost costume :(

15. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Upping, because I want to. :)

*Derisa*

16. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    All of the CRs I communicate with were helpful and polite before they became CRs. Thats perhaps why they became CRs - they were frequently on the boards, were nice, friendly and extremely helpful to other posters in their FF board, and as a result ended up being voted (or otherwise) into the CR position.

I agree completely. Why in the world would a fanforce elect an impolite, selfish, sarcasm-driven, let-me-tear-someone-down-every-chance-I-get person to represent them? Wouldn't be a smart move, IMO. The 'new rules' are things that should be done anyways! It's common sense stuff. True, CR's and such should be held to a higher standard than a regular poster, but does that mean a regular poster shouldn't uphold the same rules? It's just another way of writing the TOS!

Wow...now that I've babbled all over, I agree with everything that was said in the first post of this thread...two thumbs up!

17. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I suppose I'll take that as a vote of confidence then. ;)

18. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    The leadership of the JC have my vote of confidence! Especially my RSA!!! :) Great job, y'all! :D

19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I too fully support my Chapter Representative. Since the start of our chapter's formation, she has been enthusiastic and diplomatic, giving us all a shining example to look up to. She has been the soul of propriety and has done her best to represent her chapter and the FanForce in the best possible light, whatever the trying personal circumstances at the time. Victory Base is proud of our rep! She's a perfect example of a great CR!

Hard-working CRs everywhere deserve a round of applause from us mere peons! :)

*Derisa*

20. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
  21. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    ''All of the CRs I communicate with were helpful and polite before they became CRs. Thats perhaps why they became CRs - they were frequently on the boards, were nice, friendly and extremely helpful to other posters in their FF board, and as a result ended up being voted (or otherwise) into the CR position. ''

True.
    It's just a shame that some of them turn into power hungry, rude, arrogant, selfish and facetious unhelpful annoyances once they recieve their colors.
    Still, that being said it should also be noted that one bad apple cannot ruin a fanforce. Oh well, actually she did :p . Let me rephrase then :p ; Even a rotten apple can be planted and grow.
    Even though, imho, the old ff was decimated primarily by a 'bad' cr, the final result has been an expansion and reclassifying of the fanforces which, in the long term, will leave the whole stronger then previously. And for this we should be greatful.

22. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Were these guidelines brought about due to a specific problem? I haven't noticed any problems with any CRs on the boards. And how strictly is #2 going to be applied? If someone is rude to you, don't you have the right to respond? I usually ignore rude people, but reserve the right to be sarcastic to them.

23. Shequan

Shequan Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Yeah, it was all my fault cause I was flaming the administration and making sexual innuendos.

24. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    2. You must be polite, courteous and helpful at all times. We're not asking you to be perfect. We're simply telling you that you must not post with 'attitude' during your tenure as a City Rep. Once again, you are representing your forum, and must act as a role model at all time.

This rule is not enforced [face_plain]

25. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Well *maybe* if 'people' didn't provoke the City Reps.... :p

[image=http://www.algra.com/teasing/images/e-teasing.jpg] <---YJN is sad :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.