CR Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Shara_82, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  2. DarthArsenal6 Jedi Master

star 5

So if CR are harrasesed then ?
  3. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    So if CR are harrasesed then ?

If a CR was being harassed, we'd hope they'd contact an RSA or GSA about it. :)
  4. DarthArsenal6 Jedi Master

star 5
    Thats My point Contact the RSA and Hope if they do anything about it.
    Don't get me wrong most of the Mods here a brillaint who act on situation and eliminating the problem immediatly in a propiate manner

However there are few out there who make mockery of it and thus don't do there job properly due to differences.
    Why I say this, Its because i was in this situation as well with a mod.

EDIT: WHOSE POLICING THE MODS ? :)

NOTE:

I'm here to disscuss and NOTHING ELSE
    PLease be free to answer

5. Rani Veko Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I know you probably already know this, but to answer the literal question, and for the sake of those who might not know, the GSAs (currently Obi-Anne, Rox, and Hama) "police" the RSAs. As far as FanForce is concerned, I believe the proverbial buck stops with the GSAs.

The RSAs and GSAs have their own private forum, affectionately referred to as the Old Folks' Home. While I can't say from personal observation, I believe they discuss policies, moderator behaviour, promotions and demotions, etc. in that forum. In that sense, they appear to be self-policing.

Hope this was accurate, apologies if it wasn't. :)

- Rani

EDIT:
    However there are few out there who make mockery of it and thus don't do there job properly due to differences.

Personal differences can sometimes affect the way a person does their job, sometimes even without them being aware of it themselves. It happens, and it's unfortunate. That's why people in positions of authority should also be held accountable for their actions if they don't do their job properly for any reason.

I would hope that in a situation like the one you cited, the OFH would investigate such occurances and deal with those situations appropriately and quickly.

That said, maybe this topic should be moved to a new thread in FF Comms, where it can be discussed openly, and where it won't interfere with this thread dedicated to the Code of Conduct. :)

- Rani
  6. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    We're actually discussing the chain of command and internal discipline policies now in the OFH, sparked by (ahem) recent circumstances.

Rani, yes -- that was an accurate description.
  7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I hate to up this on such a pointed occasion, however... Earlier, it was stated that if a CR breaches the Code of Conduct,

The first time you will be warned. We will let you know exactly what we think you did wrong, and what we think you can do to make it not happen again.

This did not happen in the case of Rani Veko, Chapter Representative for Victory Base (FanForce Victoria, BC). Our CR has been demoted and banned without warning, and certainly without application of any suggestions to improve her offensive behaviour (whatever that might have been). This first step was skipped entirely.

Has the procedure referenced here been changed, and if so, when were the members to be informed? If not, what can I, as a member do to see that the RSA responsible is held accountable for this abuse of power?

*Derisa*
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Being a CR doesn't give you a get out of jail free card. If the offense is a bannable one then the person has to expect to face the consequences for his or her actions.
  9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    She didn't violate the TOS in any way that I can determine. I'd like to know what YJN thinks justifies a 48hr ban without warning, and ignoring the above established procedure.

*Derisa*
  10. Woofer Jedi Padawan

star 4
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    If you call disrespecting an RSA, baiting, and flaming non-bannable TOS offenses then I don't know what she was banned for either.
  12. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    The TOS says nothing about respecting an individual, just respecting *every* user's opinions. She's always respected his opinions, but respect for an individual is generally something earned in person. It's also not against the TOS to think ill of a person, only to say it.

Baiting and flaming... that's an interesting charge. Can you give us some evidence, so we can see what specifically she said that YJN thinks was bannable?

*Derisa*
  13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    While the specific issues regarding Rani's ban are currently being worked out, there was a very important point raised that has not been addressed.

If the CR Code of Conduct's stated policy in dealing with issues is not to be followed, what is the purpose in having a stated policy? It gives the impression that accountability of the FF administration is important when that is clearly not the case.

*Derisa*
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    That's kind of vague, can you elaborate?
  15. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Rox, and the other GSAs: I had thought my quotation of the CR Code of Conduct earlier in this thread was specific enough, but I will reiterate: The Code states explicitly:

We have set out what will happen to you if you do not hold yourself to this, too.

The first time you will be warned. We will let you know exactly what we think you did wrong, and what we think you can do to make it not happen again.

This did not happen in the case of Rani Veko, Chapter Representative for Victory Base (FanForce Victoria, BC). Our CR was demoted and banned without warning, and certainly without application of any suggestions to improve her offensive behaviour.

This first step was skipped entirely. I am asking:
    1) Has the policy changed?

2) If so, when were the users of the FF forums going to be made aware of that change?

3) If not, why was the policy not utilised in my CRs case?

4) Also, if not, what repercussions fall upon the RSA who breached the clearly stated grievance protocol?

5) What guarantees of accountability are there for the upper levels of management of FanForce as a whole?

I appreciate your time and attention.

*Derisa*

16. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    OK, that more like it.

1) Has the policy changed?

no

2) If so, when were the users of the FF forums going to be made aware of that change?

Even though the policy was not changed you can be banned without warning if the said user did something bad enough.

3) If not, why was the policy not utilised in my CRs case?

Since she isn't the one posting this I do not want to publicly post this without her consent.

4) Also, if not, what repercussions fall upon the RSA who breached the clearly stated grievance protocol?

The RSA would be brought before the GSA and RSA team for punishment.

5) What guarantees of accountability are there for the upper levels of management of FanForce as a whole?

If you feel an RSA has broken a rule then tell Obi Anne, Shara_82 or myslef and it will be looked into.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.