main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA CR ELECTION THREAD!!!! Election is over - New CR announced!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leektar

leektar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2008
    Voted.

[face_dancing]

2. Commander_Barriss

Commander_Barriss Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2008
  3. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Voted. :cool:

4. Merrick77

Merrick77 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2007
    Vetoed.

5. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
  6. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
  7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  8. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
  9. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    We are not going to have trouble with Norwood like the last two times with hanging chads and thrown away ballots are we?

10. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Like Toddi, I agree that the recent months have been a bit rough. But enough of that.

SAFF is no more or no less than the sum total of all people who get involved in whatever capacity, be it at a picnic or laser hunt, or the more serious business of raising money or costuming up for the kids at movie premieres, hospitals etc. I know those who are involved really enjoy both aspects of what we're about. Fact is though, Adelaide is small and I'm still racking my brains at how SAFF can attract new members. However there's always fans and families, young and old, who may want to be involved but not know about such a group.

So yeah, I too would like to see SAFF get some more members as well at the same time involving existing people - Toddi's mall drive idea and things like that would be great. Working with the various 'related' shops would be cool, be it events or just simply fliers and / or cards to let people know of our existence. Cross promotion with other scifi clubs/groups or any other scifi thingos that occur could be worth it if people want to pursue it (not that I'm intimately aware of too many of these things, but I know others are).

New people's involvement, however positive new blood is, shouldn't necessarily be prioritised as being more important than what the existing group of friends already do. I'd like to see SAFF do some regular(ish) social events - bowling, laser hunt, BBQ/movie days at people's houses, band nights even (I do like my music ;) ). I'd like to see a continuation of community/fundraising based SW events in SA, whether under the SAFF's metaphorical banner or not - good work is good work, concerning oneself about who is doing what is missing the point. I'm really keen for there to be some way it continues with SAFF, but there's plenty of better qualified people than me who could be a contact/focus person - I don't see the CR having to have the finger in every pie. People want more SAFF gear? Sure why not. Personally I don't always need a label on me, but I do like my SAFF mug and shirt :), and I know others like the SAFF gear. Small stickers could be good to put around for prmotion and I'm sure there's some other stuff that could be done.

The CR, as far as I believe, should simply be a representative of those who are involved on the boards. From time to time the CR can and should help provide some direction or ideas or inspiration or whatever...even occasionally being autonomous when things need to be done. I have a couple of fun ideas, both online and IRL, that I'd like to throw out there (open days are fun...). But for the bulk of the time, the CR should be reasonably transparent and just another SAFFer. I also think there are enough people here who know the score, are experienced, work well with others/the public, and can run with an idea, be it social events, costuming, fundraising, promotion etc. that the CR doesn't need to be intimately involved, but should be there for support and direction when needed.

Okay, that's about four times as long as it was in my head. I'll stop now. :)

11. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Somebody better start kissing babies and handing out favours for my vote.

12. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Err, no. [face_talk_hand] :p

13. JediMaster-Sifo-Dyas

JediMaster-Sifo-Dyas Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2008
  14. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm not particularly comfortable with this...at all. I'm a bit flummoxed really.

15. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Vo-iddly-oted :D

16. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004

Explain yourself please.

17. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    I would assume he means all the people coming out of the woodwork to vote in this election, but I could be wrong. In any case, everyone thats posted in this thread is allowed to place a vote (besides Beezel if we're following rules to the letter)

18. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    no one ever said they were leaving as such, who knows one day SAFF might return to happier days.

Yes, I still lurk....from time to time :p

19. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    This is not correct

Also not correct.

I know exactly what's going on here, and we are carefully watching this situation. There are quite a few people who have left the SAFF for whatever reasons (Frankly, I don't care about the reasons. They are not relevant to this.), but those people who have left are not eligible to vote. Non-members cannot vote in CR elections. I know that. You know that. So co-ordinated attempts to get someone voted in will not be counted

http://boards.theforce.net/south_australia/b10630/29979986/r29981439/

20. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
  21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    We left for reasons that have been stated

Direct quote from e-i. Plus you yourself stated that the dinner was your 'last SAFF event.' Indeed: 'I am walking away from the group' .To make it clear that you wanted no further involvement in the group or its events and then attempt to participate in its elections seems a bit strange.

22. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Well to be fair I meant everyone that had posted so far, rather than 'anyone who posts in this thread can then vote'

Also, not everyone that 'left' actually stated they were leaving, I just assumed that meant they were still allowed to vote. Thanks for the clarification :)

23. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I am not going to get into a debate about this.

MY own personal feelings and not speaking for anyone else is:

I said I was walking away, I never said I wouldn't be back. In fact I said "I doubt I will be back anytime soon" That's not never coming back.

When I walked away I still lurked the Relay thread, I needed to as I was the other team captain, Adalia knew I did I told her & had PM's re the relay with her.

I continued to lurk about the direction of SAFF & now there is an election on, that of course as I was one of the 5 founding members it's of interest to me. Obviously.

How much involvement will I have in the next 12 months ? I honestly can't say, I don't know, I guess it all depends how things pan out over the next few months.

But these are my feelings, they are not opinions, they are facts on how I feel & I will not debate them. I'm just letting people know where I stand, others have their own opinions on why they stepped away & whether or not they choose to return & when they choose to if at all.

24. leektar

leektar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2008

What (or who) are classed as non-members?? Does the number of posts per year constitute if you are a member or not?? Where is the clarification on this. If it is the number of posts per year, then many "current" SAFF members are ineligible to vote in this election as well.

Can you please make a list of those that you deem are ineligible to vote by not being classed as members??

e-i is seeking legal advice on this situation today, and is quite happy to take matter further.

25. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    *laughs*

I would say that unless there has been a specific count of people who have left, in which that list
    need to be published. Then any claims, unless verified is walking on dangerous ground that
    has serious implications on the Fan Force charter.

I for one have lurked, just as many of those who consider themselves full members have over the past 12 months.

The fact is, if you are considering people as being members or non members, that list either needs to be published
    or at min the list of those who are considered non members needs to be.

You cannot 'exclude' people based on subjective hearsay or 'what you think is happening' many of those people who you think of as being gone are simply taking a breath after the mess that went on.

In fact there are quite a few 'active' members that i would challenge that status on.

Anyways... either post the list or don't, but be aware that if active status isn't confirmed then any results are invalid and you are opening the door to some interesting responses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.