main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CR Elections 2007 - part one - NOMINATIONS - open Tuesday 14/08 - Tuesday 28/08

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Spike2002, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    As mentioned before, your current beloved CR has decided to resign to concentrate on his RSA duties, so the North needs a new one.

Eligible for nominating and to be nominated:

North East:

Lord_Ogli
    edgejedi88
    Spike_Thmid
    Jedi_padawan_leigh
    suzijedi
    nlindenj
    Ranouch_Heath
    ObiWanCon
    Ramble_Boba
    Emp
    DISCIPLE-OF-TYTHON
    Gopher_Tanis
    Lady_Brosa_Ogor
    LtSticks
    OB1AL
    VenHalcyon
    Tethys
    JimmyVeers

North West

ForceGhostOfCozmic
    Dickie
    darthsmuse
    Master-Fatburt
    darth_frared
    timbolton
    GreenGreatWarrior
    Glass_Onion
    M_at_the99th
    To_Mega_Therion
    orn-free-tada

Ineligible to nominate/be nominated

Spike2002 (Resigning CR)
    GlennSolo (New user)
    Kudos (New user)
    khabarakh23 (Relocation to non-North area)

Eligibility was determined by activeness on the North boards in the past year. Users that have departed the North boards and have made it clear they weren't coming back were not included in the list. If you're a Northern member and you feel you should be included in the list, please PM me (this week) or halibut (next week) and we will either add you to the list or explain to you why you haven't been included.

Ok, part one of this process is -

[li][b]Nominations[/b][/li]

[b]*[/b] Chapter Representative Spike2002 is not automatically entered, and has made himself ineligible to nominate or be nominated. Normally an incumbent CR is automatically entered into the CR elections, but due to his position as RSA, he won't be pursuing re-election.

[b]*[/b] Nominations are open for [b]two weeks[/b] starting from now [b]Tuesday 14/08[/b] - evening of [b]Tuesday 28/08[/b].

[b]*[/b] Please think carefully before you decide to nominate a person. Read the necessary posts in [link=http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/24485276/p1/]this[/link] thread about what a CR may be expected to do. I can repost in here if you want me to. CR position is important, you are looking after the people on here, and have to respect that.

[b]*[/b] I only need one nomination for a person to be entered. A person cannot enter themself for elections, it has to be another North member. Remember, you do not need to nominate a person, but if you feel strongly that someone deserves to be CR, then please consult with them first (they may not be interested in the work), then go ahead and nominate.

[b]*[/b] Nominations are to be sent to me via PM - use this link [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/pm_send.asp?usr=619927]here[/link] to do so. Please state who you are nominating, and they'll be added to the election list.

[b]*[/b] If people prefer it (and vote this via a post below please), I can get an independent vote counter involved too, probably a GSA, if you'd rather it be them than halibut. Let me know if you do.

[b]*[/b] Once the nomination period is closed, I'll post the results in here, then we go to elections.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and please don't sue me for reposting pretty much what you wrote last year, Tim ;)

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Whoa, I didn't know there was that many NW members, and there was me thinking it was just me, Tim and Martina :p

3. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I think we discussed the whole active/inactive last time as well - especially in regards to members who really didn't do anything in the North chapter. It's a tough call, since showing interest in your own chapter from my pov has to mean at least posting in the chapter area, and even better if you show up to meets - which is what the chapters are all about (regional has always been our chatting area for the mix of people who go to meets and those don't).

I am guessing Dickie would come to meets (he's been to one with me and GlassOnion) - just getting him to remember when they are lol. And Glass Onion has returned :cool: GreenGreatWarrior is often at the same places with us, but had already planned to go with friends. We'll hand Matt (To_Mega_Therion) over to the NE if you want, he makes funny noises :p Is jedidonkey even on RL now? That is where she did a lot of posting. Orn's still up for a meet if it's near his area I think, last time I talked to him which was a month ago maybe more (that's what happens when he gets his Tim's on msn confused hehe). Terry (Master-Fatburt) expressed he was still interested last time one of these votes came up, but pointed out he was mainly posting in regional. He did meet Maggy and myself. So ... last time there was confusion over who really is active and interested in chapters. I'd say by helping to support keep them alive (by posting in the chapter forum/meeting) is the best evidence.

4. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    Can we have it if you have been an officer you cant stand again for 3 years so letting other people stand.

5. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Ain't three years a bit too long Dave? I don't think we need to do that since (as far as I know) we've only had three CR's to date so I sure everyone else has a fair chance of running. And without sounding harsh, I'm not sure people will vote for the ex CR's [face_peace]

6. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Can we start by advertising our votes as well?

Mine is cheap at the moment, £5 will get you my support! ;)

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Sorry, no. Against FanForce rules.

And Cozmic, we've only had 2 CRs. Ogli and myself. From what I know, Terry was never an official CR.

Tim, I may have confused jedidonkey with Darthsmuse. Hang on and let me change.

8. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Well I wasn't sure on the numbers dude :p But doesn't Terry have it in his title?

9. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    *checks*

No, no title. He was one of the main people who got the North organised back in the beginning, but when it came to an official CR election, it was Ogli who won it.

10. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    I think I'm going crazy then,I'm seeing things 8-}

11. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I think that Chilli Burger clouded your vision ;)

12. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    It must have had those Merciless Peppers of Quetzlzacatenango in it cos I'm sure there's a Space Coyote talking to me right now [face_worried]

13. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ....she last logged on mid June so shes still around...dont know about FF...

14. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    can non-northerners nominate??

if so id like to nominate edgejedi88 and DISCIPLE-OF-TYTHON please

15. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Sorry dude, only Northern members can nominate or vote [face_peace]

16. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Cozmic for your info terry was an appointed CR like I was an appointed thread secretary when the FFUk North was first formed !
    why should you worrie we aint after your job !

17. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    :confused: What?!

Dave I'm not worried about someone else being the Assistent CR, what gave you that idea and why you still go on about your redundant role is beyond me?

And if you bother to read the thread, you'd see that it was Sie that said Terry wasn't a real CR, not me. I thought he was.

18. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Oh switch off :p

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Dave, both you and Terry had unofficial (within the board hierarchy) roles. The first official Northern CR was Ogli. That is a fact!

20. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Even I remember that. Terry was the leader of the North efforts, but then Ogli got the nod for CR, so Terry never had the official position :p

It's a bit like saying that Otto was the first South CR... :p

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Thank you Glen. I was actually going to use the South as an example if this misconception had been carried any further.

22. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    ...Does it even matter?

The question we have to ask is - which CR is going to ensure the most beer flows freely for the North...? ;)

Do we have any nominees yet?

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Not yet. I'm leaving it to you guys to discuss it amongst yourselves (off board is best) and then PM me over the next fortnight.

24. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Aye, then two weeks of manifestos and questions :p

25. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Why not a public discussion on the boards? I know the obvious answer to that is becuase of all the politics it could/would create - but my stance on board politics is quite straight forward - it sucks, :p

I know we had some discussions at the BBQ about this - and a few people are clearly interested or perhaps would be more favoured by some of us over others - that's just natural. But I don't see why we cannot have these conversations openly and allow all to comment - obviously i'd hope we could all be mature enough to make our comments constructive rather than spiteful.

The role of the CR is, i think two fold (Organisational and Promotional), and becuase of that I think we have a unique opportunity with the North as we have the Assistant CR position Coz has been filling quite superbly for the last several months.

Rather than having a 'Vote and Nomination for CR' - can i propose we have a 'Vote and Nomination for a CR/Assistant CR team' - and i'm not saying that's a vote for a cr and a vote for an assitant...i think the CR should choose his assitant prior to being nominated, if someone is genuinely interested in the role, and can pitch to me themselves and a good assistant, i'd nominate them for consideration. I'm less keen on choosing an individual and letting them then choose an assistant of their liking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.