CR Elections 2007 - part one - NOMINATIONS - open Tuesday 14/08 - Tuesday 28/08

Discussion in 'North' started by Spike2002, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthsmuse Force Ghost

star 1
    We meet at CE Coz at the Fanforce Table and later in the Fox, I'm about 8 miles short of Scotland. I've been around lurking on the boards since I think 1999 and only registered in Nov 2004 when I wanted to comment on a thread. I'm not a prolific poster.
  2. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry DM, I do remember meeting you at CE. I didn't mean to put anyone down when I wrote that, I didn't know there was that many people in the NW and just felt that me, Tim and Martina where the core of the North West. Again it wasn't a put down [face_peace]

It's an interesting idea but one I'm not sure would work. The team would have to be a North West memeber and a North East member. It's the only way it would work, that's why we have an assistant. Bets thing we can do is worry about who will be the assistant once we have a new CR [face_peace]
  3. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    I think people are getting too involved over the past - when what we need are discussions about the future

What has made the north so succesful over the past few years is every member has in some ways helped to contribute to making FFUK:N a vibrant place to visit - titles come, titles go but it's our members that make us a success [face_peace]

Ven - I think we way nominations were handled last time worked quite well (ie via pm's etc & not in public) I'm sure there are people on our board who we think would make great CR's but for whatever reason they may not want the job and I don't think they should have to defend their reasons in public. I think it could cause bad feeling if names were banded about without the person in question being consulted first.

Once the nominations have been finalised thenthe public discussions can begin :D

That's my opinion anyway
  4. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Agreed. The past has been a long, hard but ultimately fulfilling job as we've pushed the North from strength to strength. The future can only make us stronger. Still, I feel obliged to correct people when they make mistakes as silly as forgetting we've only ever had two CRs.

Thanks spike. I wasn't sure exactly what to say to this idea (I was in fact, so stumped I asked everyone in the OFH for advice) but you've said it exactly the way I thought. Discussions about nominees should be made in private, especially as potential nominees may not want to be nominated.

It's an interesting idea, Ven, but not one that I think would work, especially at the nominations stage. Kudos for taking the time to think about it, though.
  5. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    but I thought Kudos couldn't vote as he's just joined :p
  6. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay - fair response on having the public discussion - but what about the matter of the assistant CR?
  7. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The best way I think for it to work is to wait to see who becomes the the new CR. If it's NW member who wins, then we should leave it up to Eastside to decide who they want as the assistant and if another NE memebr becomes the new CR then it should be up to the West who they want in the role.

Remember it would be really stupid and wouldn't work if both the CR and ACR where NE members or even two NW members, the whole point of the ACR is to look after things where the CR can't make or doesn't know much about. [face_peace]
  8. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    still kinda silly. why can't we simply go for the long and tedious route of voting for a cr and then for their assistant?
  9. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Like I said before, we might as well wait to we have a new CR before we worry about whose going to be the assistant.

Anyroad it's up to the RSA's and higher how we go about it all [face_peace]
  10. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    So why can't a budding NW CR simply choose someone from the NE to be his running buddy - which is the idea. I agree you can't have two NE or wo NW.

But how many people are actualy interested in this - 3/4? What's the split? Does anyone from the NW want in? Can i suggest we organise a time to discuss this between us - i'm online most of tonight on msn I know a lot of us at least come on periodically.
  11. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think picking a runing mate would complicate the nominations, because someone I might want as an assistant might be someone other people may want as the full CR.
  13. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Just a thought....the person with the most votes becomes CR (obviously) and the person from the opposite region with the highest runner-up votes becomes Asst CR?? [face_thinking]

I've just edited that 'cos i didn't think I'd explained myself properly! Hehe
  14. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yes, under the conditions that one comes from NW and the other from NE :D
  15. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What happens if two people from NE (or NW) are first and second? We have two clear areas where members come from (NW/NE) and we need the Assistant CR position to counterbalance the fact a CR won't be able to make meets in both areas, plus local knowledge of your own area is always a bonus.

I'd definitely wait till the CR is worked out, mainly because the CR position is an official FF position - the only one fully recognised. The assistant CR isn't so much so, it's our get-round the whole having to split the North which no one on here wants. Plus, if a NE person were to win anyways, Coz would be fine to stay where he is as assistant CR (it doesn't make sense for him to step down yet until we know where we stand. The Assistant CR only becomes a problem if a NW person wins full CR. So don't go rushing to nominate the assistant lol just yet.
  16. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    See - i'm not sure that works though - I'm reluctant to give examples why given we have been asked to keep it off here, but i can see scenario's in that case where we'd end up with a bad CR/aCR combination in my opinion.
  17. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ven - This nomination round is just the prelimaries tbh - to work out who is actually interested in going for the role more than who we want in. It just makes it fair, everyone gets a chance to be in with a chance. The public discussion comes after the nominations.

By the time we have nominees then they can make a post about things they want to do/what to expect/etc (think this time we should have them written in private, sent to a RSA, then the RSA posts them all at same time? That way no one can feel they have had their thunder stolen - which was a mistake of the last elections, but hey we learn). Then we can discuss with them. Then we go to vote.

Extra to Assistant CR role More often than not, it has been someone in NE who won the main CR role. If that happens again, there is only a pool of 3-4 active NW people to draw from anyways. And I think it'll be real offensive to knock Coz out right now until we know where we stand with CR. He's doing a good job in the NW. He'd get voted in by NW again anyways if we had a new NE full CR. Didn't we decide last time that the local area (NW/NE) decide upon the assistant if their area gets that role?
  18. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Didn't we decide last time that the local area (NW/NE) decide upon the assistant if their area gets that role?

Yes we did. I don't see any reason not to carry on with that tradition too.

Another thing about Assistant CRs. If we got multiple NE members going for the role, they can't particularly have NW Asst CR running mates because there aren't as many as them, and a lot of them may not be interested in the job.
  19. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aye, you and Tim have basically said what I felt about about this. I just didn't know how to write it :p

Like I said it's a good idea but wont work with the way the North is, all you have to worry about at the mo Ven is who to nominate for full CR [face_peace]
  20. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    I think to keep it simple, lets concentrate on nominating potential CR's

Once a CR is appointed those in the opposite region (NE or NW) should be given the opportunity to stand for ACR - there may be people out there who wouldn't like the CR role but would love to help out in a "non-official" capacity. I don't think we could go down the route of top placed (NE or NW) automatically is given ACR as he/she may not want that.

I know it would mean another round of votes (although smaller) but at least it would be clearcut for all to see

[face_peace]
  21. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Well, once the CR is elected, whoever is in the losing region (as it were. Not literally, but if a candidate in the NE/NW loses its up to the members of that particular area to decide) can talk to me, as RSA, and the members of his region and it can be decided who gets that job through a vote to me and/or halibut should it be needed.
  22. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do we have tow ait till the 28th to get moving on this? :D
  23. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    surely it should be the elected CR who does the approaching :confused: as far as I'm aware the ACR is not an "official post" so it should fall to the CR to approach the RSA(s) to request a ACR - otherwise it would make it look like the CR is being undermined

though saying that I do believe that the ACR is vital to FFUK:N growing as a group, but I just think that the CR should have an input
  24. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Yes, I'm on holiday next week :p

Oops, that's something I should've brought up. Yes, the winning CR will be consulted about the position. I think it depends on who the losing area decide on who they want to be their local organiser. If it's just one candidate, obviously it'll have to be them, but the CR obviously will get a say-so.
  25. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I forgot to say before that I think we should with this idea [face_peace]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.