CR Elections

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by jedi_runya, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I started a new thread to make it less cluttered... :D

The three council members are:
    jedi_runya
    Dagobah_Diva
    twilek69

VOTING BEGINS 1/28/08 and ENDS 2/03/08. Early and late votes are not accepted.

PM votes to Earwen_Lightrider and post in this thread that you voted (not who you voted for). You vote will be counted only if you posted that you voted.

Chapter Rep:

Elections for chapter rep will be held after the elections for council have completed and everyone has accepted the position.

If any council member does not wish to be considered for CR s/he may say so at this time. That person then is not on the CR "Ballot".

CR must attend at least 1/2 of the yearly meetings.

Duties of CR and the Council

Organize and plan meetings. They will gather the info and make the arrangements for the meetings (i.e. call places, get times set up etc). This doesn't mean everyone can't suggest places and volunteer to help with stuff. That is the job of every member. But CR and council will make sure all the details are taken care of.

CR and council will make the rules of the boards together and the CR will enforce them. Enforcing them means letting the RSA know if there is a problem that needs a ban or edit, and being in contact with an RSA on such issues.

CR and council members will swap writing the scrolling banner and writing the information for the main page each month. The person responsible each month will get the scroll bar submitted as soon as meeting/new is announced and decided. The main page info will be submitted within a week to 4 days before the meeting

CR will make all announcements from the council decisions. S/He will also act as a "president" of the club and council. The council is like the "senate." Both CR and Council has veto power over the decisions of the other. CR is actually a member of council, but in the event of a tie the CR is the tie breaker.

CR and council are required to address any concerns the club has in a timely manner.

There will be other duties to be decided and divided up after the new council is formed. People will have more set jobs now though.

How and when to remove CR/Council member

If a council member has been MIA for one month and has made no contact with any other member through any means, they will be removed from the council. If the person has made contact and still haven't returned to the boards after 2 months, s/he will be removed from council. If a person needs an extended vacation this is fine as long as it is pre-arranged.

If the CR/Council member breaks a law that directly affects his/her ability to be a member of the council, s/he will be removed. (I.e. jail time, threatening/stalking another member).

A member can be voted off if s/he flames another member seriously via the designated council communication device. A majority vote must be received by the other members before the person is removed.

Receiving a long/serious ban from our boards here is grounds for removal.

To remove a council member, the council must have a majority vote. If there is a tie, the CR is the tie breaker. To remove the CR, two members of the council must vote his/her removal.

2. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    I am thankful to be a council member, but I would like to remove myself from the running for CR. Thanks again to all who voted!
  3. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmm....that's what I was going to say. So Christina is CR then?
  4. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Unless she says she doesn't want it I suppose. In which case we're the fan force equivalent of the headless horseman.
  5. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay Christina! I say we just call it now!
  6. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    LOL Jon that is funny. Nice imagery in that. :D

If no one minds, I would be most willing to take it over again. :D
  7. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Congrats. You can be our headless horseman's pumpkin.

Does that mean you can't cross bridges and get thrown at people? :confused:
  8. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats Christina!

Jon, I thought it was you can't cross running water and someone has to say your name three times in the mirror at midnight for you to appear. :D
  9. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Oh my! Ok, now I am laughing hard. :D
  10. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I hereby dub Runya, "Beetlejuice".
  11. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    I hereby dub Runya, "Beetlejuice".[/quote]

LOL! [face_laugh]
  12. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    "Noooooooooooooo......."

I am getting uglier... first a pumpkin (which I can admit to), now Beetlejuice.... LOL

:p
  13. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Just so you all know. I have received a vote for this.
  14. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Well, obviously it wasn't for me. LOL

But seriously, by the rules whoever it was should have put 'voted' in the thread. And I did offer up, if it was a problem me taking over, that should someone object they could say so... I don't want anyone saying I steam-rolled this election.

So please if YOU have have problem, whoever YOU are, please speak out, don't hide and let it simmer...

Thank you,
    Christina
    jedi_runya
  15. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    O.K. call me crazy (I've been called worse) :) , but

if there were only three candidates and two of them decided to remove themselves from the running, doesn't that make voting a moot point?

Am I missing something?

Somebody help me out! Throw me a bone here!

What am I missing?
  16. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    The vote was probably cast before Leash and I posted.
  17. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well since Amy and I both stepped out of the race a vote was not necessary. I feel Christina is the best person to be CR anyway. She is a part of the 501st, Rebel Legion and the Jedi Assembly on top of being one of the main faces of the St. Louis Fan Force since I have been a part of the group. She has always done well as a our CR and brought all decisions to the group as a CR should. She stays on top of things and loves what she does. If we had voted I am sure she would of been voted in again anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.