main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN CR for South Bend

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Hi South Benders,

Your group might want to consider designating a CR. I know that you've had real life flesh and blood meeting already. You might want to consider having one in a public place to make prospective members feel more comfortable. In any event, I'm posting what the requirements are for a CR. Please discuss this with your fellow fans and get back to me or post your ideas. If you have any questions, email or ICQ me.

Erica

The FanForce FAQ states the following about FanForce Clubs and their City
    Representatives:

===========
    The following is a list of pre-requisites in order for your city group to be recognized as an official TFN FanForce:
    1) Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!

2) Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the internet alone!

3) [IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.*

4) Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general
    ===========

As you can plainly see, before anyone individual takes on the task of being a City Representative, there are 3 items which must be completed, in order, on the outset. Most importantly being that you must first have a physical FanForce Club established in your city, not an online club. Before there is a City Rep, there must be a FanForce Club, and before there is a club, there must be three successfully planned and executed events or get-togethers of some sort where individuals meet at pre-designated locations ? OFFLINE and in the REAL WORLD. You must follow these guidelines BEFORE someone is established as a City Rep. It is also important to note that a City Rep is "not a forum moderator, but a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting an entire community of city-wide fans." And more importantly a potential City Rep must have these qualities noticed by others, not just by saying he or she fits the mold based on their own personal opinion of themselves. This is why there are three planned events recommended. If you, as a potential City Rep, can meet this qualification by organizing and holding these events or working with a team of individuals to make something happen, then surely you will inspire confidence in others who will take notice of your own leadership capabilities and would be willing to bestow the honor and responsibility of you representing their city to the world of Star Wars fandom.

2. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I say we discus this Friday night over JarJar jokes and pizza. I know one way to decide, we can have a duel with our RPG characters and who ever comes out alive wins. :)

3. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Okay, but I get to use my "other" Jedi from the last RPG I played. :)

4. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Ya, that sounds fair. As long as I get to multiply all my stats by 3.

5. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    LOL, well, to be honest...you would still lose! :)

6. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Uhh, three, i meant 8, ya 8 sounds good. Plus I get a JarJar to use as a shield.

7. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Well, that's just not fair!

8. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    I like the Kenny Rogers sig. Sweet..
    Did you find an Ace that you could keep?

9. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Ahh...I see we have a country music fan in our midtst. I would say my Ace in the hole would have to be my girlfrien, Heather. She's the best thing that ever happened to me.

[face_love]
    [face_blush]

10. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Aww, isn't that sweet. I bet you are islands in the stream too. I bet she also reads these forums and you did something wrong and are buttering up to her..

hehehehehahehhehahehhahhhehhah

11. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    No, she DOESN'T read the forum. If she did, I might be in trouble!

I told her about it and gave her the address, because I didn't want to keep it from her, but I don't think she was interested in reading it.

12. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    We vote..................BDZ.

We figured out that he's the only one that has the time :D

13. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    I would like to first thank George Lucas for making this all happen. Darth Vader for showing me the way to the light. JarJar Binks for proving that an Ewok is not the most annoying creature in the universe.

I would also like to thank Xmaveric for letting me witness not what to do if you are a Jedi. Empyre, my pilot for being such a fine well...pilot..ohh jeesh, they're telling me to hurry up..

{wave of hand from left to right} I have plenty of time.

Thanks to the smelly Wookie Knnos for letting me have is lightsaber.

I would also like to thank the maker and my wife..you're one in a bagillion.

God bless and good night..

14. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    BDZ, congrats on becoming the CR, I know you will do well!

15. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    {In my best Elvis voice} Thank you, thank you very much.

16. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah man, congratz. How many times are you going to change your color in 10 minutes??!!

17. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    From the lovely colors, I deduce that the powers of FF have officially made you CR. Congratulations Base Delta Zero.

18. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I notice that the U.S. CRs have gone back to simple red (or blue in one case I saw) letters. (I heard there was a problem with JCers thinking they were moderators or something.) Except for BaseDeltaZero. What did you do to retain your fancy colors?

Phil

19. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Due to confusion of functions, all VIPs have been reset. Once Fan Force CRs log in, they'll be changing their colors to blue. The general JC VIPs will remain red.

20. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Never mind. They seem to have gotten you too now.

Phil

21. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Yes, I have been forced to change my colors but I will not give up without a fight. These colors will do fine {wave of hand from left to right}.

22. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    Well...You kin take awee his colors, but you kin ne'er take away his Freeedom!

23. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Every CR dies. But not every CR truly lives.

24. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    CR's never die......they just fade away.

25. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Found out tonight that Robbie get's to view some special "CR-Only" forum. That sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.