CR in Flux

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    Tracey and/or Eric - I sent you both emails with my work phone number. Please contact me ASAP so we can discuss this.

Nothing like a little conflict to get you going in the morning!

:)

Thanks!
  2. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hello. Yes, I'm still here. I tried to start a thread about this issue last night, but Rox deleted it before anyone could see it or respond. Evidently I was supposed to wait until somebody else addressed the problem because I "don't need a good bye thread," as Rox put it.

This is the explanation he gave for my demotion:
    "You have been permanently demoted and removed from the City Rep forum as of 11 PM EST for the total lack of respect and attitude you showed users in this thread. You were warned that if you messed up again your probation would be over and you would be permanently demoted."
    I was unable to get any more specific information out of him than that.

Questions and complaints regarding Fan Force issues can be raised in this forum.

Right now, I'm more concerned about getting a new City Rep for Milwaukee. I encourage anyone and everyone who wants to see this place continue to thrive to volunteer. As I said in last night's doomed thread, anyone at all can fill this position.
  3. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm just annoyed with the entire political crap outside of this particular forum. I hate it even more when folks with the tiniest bit of perceived power go mental. THIS IS A FREAKING STARWARS BOARD. If you've been here long enough, have given up a significant chunk of your life, or have kissed enough of whatever needed to be kissed to garner an administrative position...this does not mean you're cool nor are you empowered with Godlike abilities or sensibilities. It's supposed to be fun, not the Spanish Inquisition.

Marcy

(Tom-o, you did right by us. It would just be nice for folks to be relaxed and groovy but it just isn't going to happen)

4. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [image=http://www.rraz.co.uk/alexs/python/media/spanis02.jpg]
    "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

As Sebulba-X has been saying recently, you can save yourself a whole lotta heartache if you just stay out of the Communications forum.
  5. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    You got banned for THAT!!!!!!!

Perhaps if you agreed(Tom) to only post in the Milwaukee forum they would let you back in. As far as I know, no one here has a problem with your posts.

You have done a GREAT job here and are able to dedicate much more time to it than I presently can. If need be I could take over, but I really don't want to...

Edit: I removed emotional offensive material.
  6. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5

As for BYOB. No one is ever saying that he didn't do right by Milwaukee. However, he was on probabtion for previous transgressions outside of Milwaukeee (and old cases within). CRs are held to a higher standard on the TFN/FF boards. BYOB knows that and I can't speak for him, but I that's why he's willing do move on.
  7. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The last time this happened, I proposed that as a term of my "probation." But no one seemed to jump at the idea. So after a while I started venturing out into the wild again. Silly me.

Also, did you know that CRs are held to higher standards than even Moderators and Staff? It's true!
  8. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    Erica-

Sorry. I was a bit frustrated and emotional there...

No, I don't know the whole story.

Humblest(sp?) appologies.

-Dan
  9. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Maybe I've accepted it and moved on because I don't care to deal with the double standards, doublespeak, and doublestinky BS anymore.

Just a guess.
  10. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow Dan, looks like you're walking the thin line already as the acting CR. I like it.

To be frightfully honest, with Tom's "reputation" with The Powers That Be on this site, I doubt there's anything he can say that will change their minds. It's a darn shame, that's for sure, but realistically I can't see him getting the postition back.
    Maybe if you grovel and turn tail and relinquish your dignity, but it's not worth it. Being who you are and being able to express your thoughts and opinions are light-years more important than ANY title or position you can hold. In my opinion, of course.

We are at an advantage because we know Tom outside of the boards and know how to digest his sarcasm and - dare I say it - occasional tactlessness (I mean that in the least offensive way, Tom!). This obviously doesn't translate well onto the boards. What we would consider gentle banter others may see as scathing remarks. What we know to be scathing remarks stemming from a firm belief with a veriatable mountain of support others may see as flagrant flaming and completely unjustifiable. It's all a matter of perspective.

I can't remember who said it (some 15th century dude, I think), but a favorite quote of mine is "We see what our knowledge is telling us we are seeing." It's all a matter of knowledge and perspective.

Again, for the record, Tom, I believe you have done a fine job as our CR and would support you if you should seek the position again in the future. Although I don't think it's worth it to have to grovel to these pinheaded, moronic, sophomoric, imbecillic, megalomaniacal neandreathals who run this show.

I'll see you all in a few days. Maybe.

Catie

Edit: A simple spelling error. That's it. Really.

Edit 2: Another spelling error. I really ought to look at these things before I hit the post button.

Edit 3: If you have a computer, can you use spellcheck when posting on the boards?
  11. Auraveda Jedi Master

star 4
    I was going to post a long rant about the intolerance and insecurity of the administration here on the forums, but I won't because it won't do any good.

I'm very sorry that you got demoted Tom. Thank you for all of the hard work you've put in as City Rep. You've been instrumental in making this such a great group and keeping the activities going.
  12. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree with SySnootles on this issue.

/* aims a giraffe filled with whipped cream at the administration */
  13. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright. The diplomat in me just forced her way through and is making me apologize for my previous post. I'm not taking it back, I'm just saying that I could have been much more tactful and gentle with my opinions while still getting the point across.

I do not necessarily believe TPTB are sophomoric, et al.

And since many who check these boards in an administrative way do not know me on a personal level, I'd just like to point out that the "rant" portion of my previous post was meant to turn the tables and perhaps shed a different light on the subject. I'm sure that was not how the paragraph will be interpreted, which is really the point ...
    Psychology is a wonderful thing.
  14. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't think anyone involved with this bamboozle is deserving of an apology, except for you guys in Wisconsin. I'm sorry I let you down.

We need to start taking volunteers for a new CR.
  15. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is this to mean that Dan, being the second in the voting, isn't interested?
  16. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Having read and understood the thread in question, Tom definitely has my support. And, no, Tom, you didn't let us down. You have been a model CR for us in the Milwookie council.

I will say, however, that the punishment for the situation is inappropriate. If a punishment is required, it should not have been a demotion from CR. The situation has nothing to do with Tom's abilities as our CR, and we have always been pleased with his performance in that capacity.

A punishment in this case should be in the form of a temporary banning or such, but not a demotion from CR. Only if he was lacking in his duties as CR should he ever be demoted--not simply for stating his opinion. As the old saying goes, "the punishment should fit the crime".
  17. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    You absatively posilutely did not let us down Tom. What happened had nothing to do with this board. You have been nothing but a fountain of information and helpfulness to us and I will look back on your albeit breif reign with nothing but fond, warm, fuzzy memories. Thank you for your devoted, uh, months of service.

Catie
  18. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think Dan would be more interested if he had more spare time. Can I nominate Bishop76 for the position? He seems to have plenty of free time.

In internet time, one year equals three years. So I figure I've been a CR for about 1¼ years. ;)
  19. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dan should turn it down publically before we start looking anywhere else. Dan? Speak up..:)

20. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    Think of me as a failsafe. If we can't get anyone else to do it I will. But as I said before, my time is much more limited than it was a couple months ago. I would be able to check the boards sometime in the mornings and then later on at night.

21. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
    /* aims a giraffe filled with whipped cream at the administration */

I'm sorry I let you down.

These two comments by BYOB speak volumes.
  22. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    And that's supposed to mean....?
  23. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ummmm...

Is that meant as a compliment or a rip?
  24. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's what I was asking. However, I think he meant it as a rip.
  25. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't think he really knows himself.

Jeff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.