main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CR Vote Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Jairen, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Nominees:

Master Fatburt

Lord Ogli

edgejedi88 has opted to pull out of the nominations.

Please use this thread to ask questions of the nominees, and then vote VIA PM ONLY to myself. Votes in this thread WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

You have until Midday Wednesday 23rd November 2005 to complete your deliberations and vote.

Thanks

Phill
    FF-UK RSA

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Can you clarify who is entitled to vote please :)

3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I would assume it's us Northern bods only but clarification would be helpful.

4. ninja_noodlehead

ninja_noodlehead Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2005
    [face_blush] What does CR mean?

5. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    CR = Chapter Representative.

Essentially it's the main contact for the region.

They get a blue name and a title and then get involved in either arranging meets or putting out idea's for meets or anything they think the chapter would be interested in doing.

Both Me and Ogli have done this so far and as a result have been chosen as possible CR's for the North.

It's now up to you Northern members to decide who you would prefer.

If you have any questions over what we aim to do with the chapter or about us in general to help you make your decision you can ask you questions in this thread and both myself and Lord Ogli will answer them (and no I will not pay anyone to vote for me :p ).

So ask away.

I'll be back tomorrow evening to answer anything thrown at me as I'm out for the day tomorrow.

6. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Yeh, what FatBurt says, except i WILL pay for votes [face_mischief]

7. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    And in response to Hal, only those within the Northern chapter can vote for a CR for the Northern Chapter.

8. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Unless they're voting for me :p

9. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Im voting for master fatbrut

10. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...Fatbrut...smells like 'Teen Spirit'! Think my dad used to use that [face_laugh]

11. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    I notice that the boards have been very quiet of late. Are there no questions? Don't worry bout upsetting me or FatBurt. We're big men and ain't gonna hold it against ya if U vote for the other guy, No more than we'd hold it against each other for winning, we both just wanna do whats best for the chapter and ensure that we keep our little community thriving.

12. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Thanks Lord O I don't think I could have put that better myself.

I may have used bigger words but I'd probably confused myself in the end.

Hedge Smells Like Teen Spirit is a quality song and if I'm going to be compared to that then I'll be quite happy.

Come on you must have some questions for us?

13. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    what are your plans for the future of the chapter, and what will you each bring to the chapter as a whole? where do you see the chapter in a year?

:D

14. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

Meanie!

I shall post on this question later when I have purged the half bottle of wine from my system :)

In fact I shall do a mass post tomorrow afternoon with answers to all the questions I get between now and 7pm tomorrow. I shall post it sometime after 8pm.

15. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Just a reminder that, as per the instructions in the first post, votes within this thread DO NOT COUNT. You must PM me with your vote for it to be valid.

16. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    LOL! someone had to start you off, the offer for debate had been there for a couple of days. these are probably the hardest questions you will have to deal with.

don't forget kids, vote [image=http://www.westons.com/acatalog/bru217p.jpg]

:p

17. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    *Splutters in the deep end*

First and formoast, I want to see a united chapter. So far Ive met some great ppl. Not a single person at the York meet and my Marathon that i wouldn't be happy to meet again but i want to meet as many of you as i can.

I'd have things continue as they have been going: Small meets through out the year, and at least 2 large meets a year and encourage like minded ppl to join us and make the chapter grow and I want to help everyone be involved in this because at the heart of everything
    I want for the chapter I want Community.

What i personally will bring I think is a sence of Fun. I don't take everything too seriously. I'm out to enjoy myself and want everyone else to do likewise. I'll always provide help and support where i can, but i'd try and have everyone do it for themselves rather than try to beat everyone into being the kind of chapter that I think it sould be.

As for where the Chapter will be in a Year, who knows. I'd like to see us bigger. New faces mixing with the old. Close ties with the other chapters, I'm fully behind this summer meet and if it goes well i'd like to be planning another for 2007. Maybe look into some doing some fund raisers too.

18. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Good answers Lord O.

19. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Thank you. I'm thinking of maybe havin me own slogan for the campain, Kinda like Tony's 3 R's.

Ogli's 3 C's. Comunity, Camaraderie and Chris. :D

20. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Lord-Wiz posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    what are your plans for the future of the chapter, and what will you each bring to the chapter as a whole? where do you see the chapter in a year?

Well I now realise my mistake in letting Ogli go first s a lot of what he said is similar to my feelings.

My plans for the chapter: Well we need to grow and get established. Without a good pool of people all we will ultimatey do is die as a group. So far I think we have an excellent core, the Northeastern crew are very active which I like to see, but I feel we need more people to help the chapter establish itself as a true growing group. I also want us to be diverse and encompass all genres of fantasy and adventure, a place where Trekies, and Star Wars fans can meet in peace (and explain how the empire would truely pwn the Federation) where Gaters and Browncoats can chat over a drink or online and not feel like a social outcast.

In essence my plans are for us to grow and diversify.

I intend to bring ideas and enthusiasm. While I may not be the most active member on the meets front (this is due to family commitments and financial issues) I will certainly putting ideas out there and if anything turns up that is directly local to me you can bet I will do my utmost to be there. (Dont' forget collectormania in Manchester W/e 11/12 Feb 06 :D ). I intend to work on cross chapter meets as well, Laserquest etc... which is being looked into at the moment.

The future. I have idea's already for next year but I'm not wanting to spoil anything yet and I intend to list the plans early January if elected (If not I shall pass them over to the Ogster). Either way I can see us growing and getting involved in the community through charity work.

I don't think we are solely here as a group for ourselves. I think we can as FF:UK North help in our own ways with local issues and as part of the FF:UK as a whole.

21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    What are both your thoughts on Peter Crouch?

22. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I know this will lose me the vote of JonJedi but I know you read the sig Hal.

:p

23. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    He's a better footballer than I am. Though its probably not sayin much o_O

24. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I was just wondering seeing as he hails from the North region. I'd have thought because of that he deserves some respect from the future CR :p :D

25. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Only if he signs for Man Utd [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.