main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON CR...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lelila, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I'm sure you've noticed by now that I've lost the colours. Pertaining the rules from last year with Justin took over for the summer, I can't keep them if I'm no longer in the city.
    As far as I've gleaned from CrazyMike, there are no plans to appoint a new one because we're a relatively inactive chapter anyway. But if you have any ideas or concerns, feel free to give him a shout.

2. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    its too bad you guys are inactive Debs, you guys did so much to stall now

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Who is left in London?

4. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    me.... and I think Jake, but I haven't talked to him.

5. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Ooh, I'm here! I'm here! Well...when I'm not doing summer school in Hamilton...meaning weekends...some. I miss FanForce :(

And for the record, school in summer is an evil evil evil, but necessary, idea...

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    summer school... well, i had to take summer school when I was in high school (believe it or not) and my college course was 18 months straight, with only a two week break in the summer.

Now I just work all the time.... I miss summer vacation.

7. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    so, who's going to be the CR when everyone moves back to London?

8. Granite

Granite Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    I nominate Rabellaka

9. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    isn't it strange that Peter voted for me right away????

10. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Glad to see you finally got a Username, Peter :) And I like your avatar.

I'll repost here what I posted in response to Janet's post in Toronto.

Regarding London, that's pretty much our call to decide if we need/want a CR, but we certainly don't have to have one just because there are three (or I guess 4 now) of us there. In my opinion we don't really need one unless the chapter becomes a lot more active than we were last year which would mean active recruitment.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have one. Just that we don't necessarily need one just because of the numbers. What do you guys think, where do you want to see things go?

11. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I would definately like to see our group become more active. I am trying to get more people interested, and I still think we could do something with Speakers Corner here in London (at the library, the one downtown seems to be gone).

We should definately try to do something about the DVD releases this fall, and Ep III in the spring, though Deb and Matt may be back to TO by then.

I am really interested in London becoming an active group again, and I hope that we can get this to work.

12. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    For official club status a CR is needed. You will still require a CR if London still wants to be officially part of Fanforce, from as far as I know.

13. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    For official club status a CR is needed

I could be wrong but when I was researching a Durham Chapter he told me that it is not necesarily required to have a CR, especially if the group is small. I could have missinterpreted what he said (this is what I remember) so pelase correct me if i am wrong but I beleive that is the official position.

14. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Unfortuatly i'm not in London this year but staying in Toronto. I will make an effort to come to events though if i can.

15. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    James is right, Justin...I've talked to CrazyMike and YJN about it at some length in the past. A CR is not needed to keep official status (e.g. Toronto still has official status even though we do not currently have CR).

In terms of becoming more active, it's definitely a good idea, but especially with school becoming more intense and such, it'll be difficult (for me at least) to put any time into active recruitment.

16. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Sorry I was going by this:

How can my city be recognized as a FanForce Chapter?
    Well, it's simple. Each metropolitan city is divided into regions. (You can view a list of U.S regions and International Regions here .) These regions are also "categories" on the FanForce Discussion Forums. These regions contain unique City forums, where Star Wars fans come together online and meet fellow, like-minded fans from their area. But FanForce is not about the "online" world. The following is a list of pre-requisites in order for your city group to be recognized as an official FanForce Chapter:
    Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!
    Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the Internet alone!
    [IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.*

Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general.

A local FanForce can be run any way the fans of that city wish it to be run. All we ask is that you use our FanForce City Forums as your online meeting place!
    *Special consideration can be given to city groups and clubs that have demonstrated a sustained membership and record of activity.
    Fanforce has these requirements because it is much more dynamic than just a message board. We want to hear about what you're doing -- whether it's Star Wars-related or not. Star Wars is what brought us all together, but our community involvement with one another is the glue that will keep us that way.

17. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I beleive the official position is that if its a group of five people kicking around on weekends, they still qualify as a group but since they are not organizing mass events like Toronto or YJN they don't require the go to guy so to speak. Again my interpretation not the facts. Perhaps a MOD or Rep of some sort can state the facts.

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    As far as I am concerned London has had a CR for most of its 2 years that it has been around and it is up to the members here if they want to have a CR. The concern right now is how many current members are there in London and that would include people that will be here ( living in London) as of September and how active are you going to be:

So far on my list I have:

Lelila ( Deb)
    Rabellaka ( Janet)
    Phi ( Sylvia)
    Granite ( Peter)

Is there anyone else that should be on this list that should be or others that I have left out.

I would like to get input from YJN and the folks that live in London on this issue.

Edit: removed Juston from the list...

19. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm, Mike?

Justin has been living in St. Catharines for almost a year now.

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry about that John. I did not know. Strike Justin from the list...

21. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Mike, why would we need input from those in YJN on this issue? It's a different chapter and has very little to do with them.

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes I know Deb. I thought for some reason that Wolf was in London and when I mentioned YJN in my post Deb I was talking about Chris. I would like his input.

Is that list of London members correct.

23. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    what happened to Jake? I know he still lives in London.

24. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Yes, Jake is still in London but I don't know involved he'd want to be since he's not an active poster. Sylvia (Phi) is not here during the year, she's in Hamilton.

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    That list of mine is a mess !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.