RPG Cracken's Crew website and Clone Wars Sourcebook

Discussion in 'Games' started by JediAlly, Nov 26, 2005.

1. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I know we came across the timeline issue before, and you referred me to that site back then. Until LFL gets itself sorted out, I'm considering that site the official Clone Wars timeline. Yet even on that site, Jedi Alliance comes out before Ziro's escape. Maybe Ziro was under house arrest in Jedi Alliance and was later placed in prison. Anyway, that's something that can be addressed later on when Season 2 or the Gambit novels come out, or when LFL gets around to straightening out the timeline.

And I now remember your portrayal of Dooku - different from WotC's yet within reason.
  2. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Well I know someone in the thread had an interest like, a year ago, but I finally statted Kar Vastor! I think he turned out great, though I did have to create 2 new talents for him to work, Vibroshield Mastery and Lor Pelek (Both for the Korunnai Adept talent tree). This chapter might not quite make it up in time for the 1st, Im regrettably running a bit behind on my end of it. But itll be up on the 2nd or so for sure. Ill be sure to do my round of posting as soon as it goes up.
  3. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Hello everyone! I know this chapter ended up being a few days late, and that is entirely my fault, the early chunk of this month was dominated by school, and the latter half by work. However, here is the latest chapter in the Fandom Comics ( http://www.fandomcomics.com ) Saga Edition Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook. This month we present Fringe Mystics, which basically includes all the Force Users that aren?t a part of the Jedi Order or one of Dooku?s minions. Korunnai Adept Kar Vastor, Nightsister Ros Lai, Callista Masana-Ming, the Iron Knights, and a few others. There are also a number of sidebars in this chapter that provide some new Force Talents, as well as some optional rules (dealing with the Shard) and other surprises.

Hope everyone enjoys this, despite it being one of our shorter chapters (only 24 pages). If you download it, please let us know what you think about the chapter, and as always, inform us of any errors or inconsistencies you spot!
  4. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    From which sourcebook did you get the feat Ultrasonic Jamming?

I always thought Aqinos and all the Iron Knights joined Luke's Order, with Aqinos staying on Yavin IV to train new students until the Vong invaded.

Aqinos: Instinctive navigation should be Instinctive astrogation

Machine meld: I admit I think Callista demonstrated the first official use of technometry, but I like your machine meld even better. In fact, besides Callista, Anakin Solo might be the only one to use technometry.

You gave Ilum vital transfer. Are you sure of that?
  5. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks again for the keen eyes, Ally.

Ultrasonic Jamming is a Sunesi SQ from our alien book.

I sent the thing about the Aqinos talent to tron to put in the fix list, so thatll get evaulated and fixed.

Machine Meld: Believe me, I wanted to have technometry cover it, but the rules as written simply did not cover Callista taking control of an entire battleship like she does in the No Prisoners novel, or the Eye of Palpatine. Also, my way explains her force connection issues in terms of rules, while technometry does not.

The Shard Force Tradition talents let vital transfer work on other Shard, so yeah, it was intentional.
  6. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys, I got the recently released Visual Guide to the Clone Wars - Season One, and I can see that there might be some revisions necessary for some of your chapters. If you have the guide, then you can use it. If not, then I can provide you with the details. For now though, I can say the following:

Hondo Ohnaka's cruiser is the Acushnet.
    His fighters are Surronian Flarestar fighters, and the one we've seen on TV is the Rapier One.
    His bio needs to be changed sa well.
    The servant droid seen with Whorm Loathsom and Nuvo Vindi are called Coachelle Automata LEP Servant Droids.
  7. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Thank you so much, well be sure to incorporate updates when given the opportunity. Obviously, at the time we had to make up some things to fill in the gaps, but we will happily throw out our paste to incorporate real canon. That is one thing I am waiting on in the mail from amazon, so whenever it gets here, ill give it a read (after I finish the atlas, abyss and rebel force 3). Obviously you wont likely see an update to the vehicles or hondo chapter for a small period of time (if all we did was update the moment something changed, wed STILL only have the sith and jedi council chapters done). We have to press forward a bit more here first. However, a vehicle update/revision in 2010 is likely, and the fringe NPCs will get an update right after we do our planets gazetteer.

Thanks for the catches though! Always nice to have them organized for us in a thread for reference!

Also, if you are on the WOTC forums, we have a group there with the new forum system, so be sure to join it!
  8. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    First off, do you think you could post a link to the thread in the WOTC forums?

Second, any hint as to what the next chapter will entail? Or did you just mention it in the previous post?
  9. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    http://community.wizards.com/fandomcomics for the fandom comics group on the WOTC forums, please join!

Tonight (1 day late) we are posting the Jedi Council conversion. Should be up within 30 mins. Tron is doing the final assembly as we speak. Next month, its fringers (locals) containing the likes of Uncle Owen and what have you.
  10. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Hello everyone, the Jedi Council chapter is finally up on the site, http://www.fandomcomics.com for those who don?t have it faved. This chapter was originally done for D20R, but Tron has painstakingly converted it and updated it to reflect new sources and the current best guess as far as the timeline goes.

This chapter contains all Jedi that were members of the Jedi High Council during the Clone Wars. I think it is one of the best things Tron has done to date. Its basically been 8 full months for him to put this together by himself, and I think he did an outstanding job. The long, long write ups are all designed for GMs to be able to use these main Jedi in their campaigns fairly easily, allowing you to maintain EU canon and interweave jedi council members in and out of your campaigns seamlessly, letting you know where the NPCs were, when, and what they were doing there.

Lots of interesting side-bars here too! Chalactan Adepts, Concordance of Fealty, and more! As usual, give the chapter a flip or a read or a stat-scan and let us know your thoughts, critiques, disagreements, whatever comes to mind. Everyone has a very specific idea of what the Jedi Council members are supposed to look like, stat-wise, so I am sure we will be able to enjoy a spirited, but healthy debate on the builds presented!
  11. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    First off, maybe you should reconsider your choices of background color for the sidebars. It's a little difficult for me to read what you write in them sometimes. I mean, which is easier to read - this or this or this.

Adi Gallia - I see you brought in the powers she used in the Jedi Starfighter game. Including Force lightning. I recall you addressing this issue in a previous post. You came up with a optional rule that would allow one to use Force lightning without racking up the DSP while flying a starfighter, right?

Agen Kolar - You seem to give him a lot of lightsaber technique powers. I'm a little concerned about him knowing Juyo. It would seem to hint that he might know a little about Vaapad.

Depa Billaba - Shouldn't she also have the Chalactan Adept talent, or did her actions on Haruun Kal negate several of these talents.

Oppo Rancisis - It should be battle meditation, not battle meditations.

One more thing - I was checking over at the WOTC boards, and it's mentioned in the Galaxy at War thread that Hondo Ohnaka used a Corona-class armed frigate. This might be the flying saucer ship that he used.
  12. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Adi has the taint of the dark side talent, this jedi shadow talent lets you take one dark side force power and use it without accruing DSPs once per encounter. Its in KOTOR CG, JK talents.

Juyo is pretty far away from vapaad. Juyo wasnt necessarily a rare form to see among the more martial jedi. If tron gave him juyo, odds are canonically, somewhere, it says he has juyo. I dont think tron really handed out any form talents unless it was canon, or beyond obvious (like the reverse shien grip, thats an easy one to pick out).

Im not sure how many of the chalactan adept talents from the tree tron gave her, but depa was still a jedi first...burning 4 talents on being a chalactan adept would seem a bit much. He probably just gave her 1-2 to give a taste. Ill have him swing by to address Agen and Depa.

As for the corona class, it definitely is going to be in the new soldier book, at which point we will cross it off our list, delete it from the doc, and add it and its page number on our sidebar for things officially statted. Of course, thats assuming we check the stats on it and find that they jive with the appearances for that ship. However, we generally only re-stat capital scale stuff from WOTC (since all ours have the true weapons load-out instead of the reduced numbers WOTC uses for balance. We use a 1/4th weapons load out per fire arc rule of thumb to achieve that instead.)

As always, thank you for taking the time to read through it and check it out!
  13. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Hello Fandomaniacs!

Latest chapter has been posted, the locals! Lots of people who are what im calling super-commoners. They are a little bit better than a Non-Heroic 1 commoner, but not quite heroic either. These are your Uncle Owens, Watto's, etc. Basically all the people caught in the middle of the Clone Wars. Im sure a lot of you will notice a lot of "omissions", but keep in mind that local soldiers and leadership are a separate chapter, so no Queens, Kings, or other planetary leaders are featured in this chapter.

In any case, its 66 pages, has 60-some odd stat blocks and just as many side-barred characters. Some Neimoidian species feats (which I think turned out well) and a couple other random goodies.

Give the chapter a look-see at http://www.fandomcomics.com and let us know what you think in this thread!
  14. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Zey Nep - Where did you come up with the idea of making her and Corellia Antilles the same person? Was if from one of those "What's the Story" contests a while back, or was it an idea of your making?

Paxi Sylo - You know, I have to wonder if he should deserve a special feat or talent. He was one of the few individuals in the galaxy who managed to make Mace Windu smile.

Medcha Wanto - Where did you come up with the idea that the Pantorans brought a colony of Talz to Orto Plutonia and enslaved them? Another case of writer's discretion? I agree that the Talz on Orto Plutonia were a lost colony, and that they were probably taken from Alzoc III. But the Pantorans being the one responsible?

Tonote Yander - It should be Tonoté.
  15. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    The Zey Nep and Medcha stuff you are referring to were my ideas, yes. Although the Zey stuff was total creation on my part, the Medcha seemed a bit less creation and a bit more "fitting the facts". If orto plutonia had long been a pantoran protectorate, and the chairman seemed to know to call them brutes and savages right away, there are likely legends or something. Talz arent a naturally spacefaring species, so pantorans bringing them there seemed to fit the situation best.

As for Paxi Sylo...remember, mace only smiles in the holodrama produced BY paxi sylo. I doubt real events occurred quite in the same way.

The tonote thing ill let tron know about.

Thanks for your comments as always!
  16. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    The new chapter is up, and it features the bane of all Jedi - the Padawans.[face_laugh]

Overall, it's very good. I liked the picture of Scout. I think I can see why Whie had a crush on her in Dark Rendezvous.

Questions
    Force Meld - this is what Jorus C'Baoth used on the Jedi in Outbound Flight and what Jacen used on the Myrkr team in Star by Star. Right?

Chase Piru - I thought she was a Jedi Master.

I was a little disappointed that Nuru Kungurama didn't have stats. A Chiss Padawan - now there's an interesting story. In fact, my first impression of the new Secret Missions series was a Star Trek: Voyager-type story in the Star Wars universe. Nuru and Breakout Squad are sent to explore unknown territories, seeking out allies, any hidden Sep bases, and any other potential threats. I guess he might get stats in a future update.

Jin-Lo Rayce I recognize. But Ephaan Kenzon I didn't recognize.

As for Rian Bruksah and Jaylen Kos, I do have the Decide Your Adventure book they're in, as well as the Lost Legion. However, I have yet to read them because I don't know which ending is considered canon. That's about the one thing I don't like about those books. Now knowing about which ending is canon, I can "cheat" a little and read backwards - find the ending, then backtrack.

One more thing, the clans at the end of the document. The stats you presented there - are they the standard for each member of the clan, or are they the accumulation of all them members in the clan?
  17. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    So Ekria and Zhakariz Ghent are Baroli. If I want to create a Baroli character, I would take the Human template and alter it by switching the listed skill and feat in the Human template with the suggested skill and feat you listed.
  18. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    For Mak Lotor, you have Telekinetic Natural. Don't you mean Telekinetic Prodigy?

Pax Chizzik - I thought his lightsaber had a blue blade.
  19. Anstrona Jedi Knight

Wow, lots of really good questions and mindful comments, as usual, Ally. I'll try to answer them all without getting too long-winded. Here goes.

Duanne Barbour actually did that picture of Scout for us and Keith and I both were very pleased with it. He also did the picture of Veda. http://www.cloudeagle.com/

Chase Piru was, in fact, a Padawan - she's from the Dark Times comic and very plainly wears her Padawan braid. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chase_Piru

With Nuru Kungurama: I know, I wanted to do a write-up for him. I definitely could have, but I've actually been working on this chapter on and off for several months and I made the mistake of saving Ahsoka for last. Her entry really kicked my butt. I feel it's one of my worst write-ups. Wasting all my time towards the end on her didn't leave me any time to go buy Breakout Squad, read it, and write Nuru's write-up. He'll definitely be included in the recombination of the Jedi chapter, though, however long that'll be from now.

The Rian Bruksah entry isn't officially canon, actually. It has been stated, though, by Leland Chee that while the characters and general events of the book are considered canon, the exact story path will never be officially addressed. So I read the book, I looked at all of the possible avenues and I picked what I believed was the most epic and fitting of a Star Wars story. Reading them all, it's actually quite easy to tell which story path the author intended to be the "main" one to be. I also took liberties with the name, in case you didn't realize ;)

The training clans stat blocks at the end are actually "Squad" stats. Squad rules are detailed in the official Clone Wars Campaign Guide (page 93). They represent the training clan as a collective, and I give some basic guidelines I used in their creation beyond what squad rules lays out in a sidebar. Something I didn't address, though, because it never really came up, was I feel that once the Squad's level reaches a number equal to the number of members in the clan, they should be split into individual characters, either with heroic class levels, or using the Jedi Padawan rules in the Jedi Academy Sourcebook (page 43).

Yep, Ekria and Ghent are Baroli. Our take on near-human species are explained more in-depth in our CWSEFSB Species chapter, but you are correct, near-humans would used the suggested skills and feats for their "bonus" skill and feat http://www.fandomcomics.com/sourcebooks/

Telekinetic Natural in Mak Lotor's write-up is not a typo - it is a talent I created and is in our Jedi Council chapter. I suppose I should have written some kind of footnote or provided a link, or just duplicated the sidebar to avoid some confusion, but... hindsight http://www.fandomcomics.com/sourcebooks/

Pax Chizzik's lightsaber is indeed green. The line from Yoda: Dark Rendezvous goes, "Pax cut a little flourish in the air with the humming green blade of his lightsaber."

I think that covers everything. Keep the questions and comments coming! What did you think of Aaron Johnson's Jin-Lo Rayce pin-up? Pretty sweet, eh?
  20. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I checked the Wook after I asked the question, and it's mentioned that Chase Piru was a Padawan.

I can also say that you're going to need to revise Djinn Altis' entry, since he appeared in the first Imperial Commando novel.

If you're referring to Jin-Lo Rayce's picture, it's nice. I can also see Olee Starstone in the same situation.
  21. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Yeah, Djinn Altis, as well as several other characters will need some work after reading the 501st novel, which is fine. We likely wont go back to revisit those chapters for 6-12 months, though. Tron and I are a bit more interested in moving forward and getting through the various chapters, rather than get ourselves stuck in an update holding pattern. Needless to say, once we finish all our chapters, going back and getting everything up to date will become a priority. Odds are we will be able to merely "update" at at least three times the pace we do new chapters, depending on how much new material has come out, until we reach a point where the entire project is current, and only requires a single monthly "update chapter" for the 4 new cartoon episodes (the max in a single month) or novel/comic material that might have released that month for the Clone Wars era.
  22. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    NarCranor, Anastrona, I managed to get my hands on the new Scavenger's Guide to Droids and looked through it. Having done this, I can give you a heads-up on this revision: in your Fringer - Force User chapter, you have the FLTCH droid statted. You can remove that. It's listed in the book as the Colicoid Creation Nest FLTCH-Series Battle Droid.

Also, I'm assuming that you have a droid chapter planned for in the future. Given how many of them have already been statted out in the books, I'm thinking your list is rather short. Well unfortunately, I'm going to make it even shorter. The following droids from the Clone Wars are also featured in the book:

Coachelle Automata LEP-Series Service Droid (The bunny droid. Unlike the Energizer Bunny, they don't keep going and going and going...)[face_laugh]
    Colicoid Creation Nest ?Skorpenek? Annihilator Droid
    Colicoid Creation Nest T4 Turret Droid (from the Phantom Menace video game)
    Colicoid Creation Nest/Zann Consortium Droid Works Droideka Mark II (appeared in Forces of Corruption, but probably won't appear in the Clone Wars. Given it's predecesor and origin, I thought I mention it)
    Industrial Automaton PLNK-Series Power Droid (Plunk droid)
    Baktoid Combat Automata V2-Series Commando Droid (they have yet to appear, but I'm including it. Looks exactly like a B2 super battle droid, but it has the facial features of the droid commando. A possible upgrade to the droid commando, perhaps?)
  23. Anstrona Jedi Knight

Thanks for the heads-up! Yeah, Keith is working on the Bounty Hunters/Mercenaries/Assassins fringe sub-chapter right now for a December 1 release, but he and I were waiting on the droids book to come out before we teamed up to tackle the droids chapter together for January 1. I know their droid codex is pretty extensive, but I wouldn't count on it shaving our list down too much. Our list of droids needs updating (on my agenda for this week) with about 2 years' worth of sources, but it has 113 entries, of which maybe only a third are officially statted. Usually we only agree with about half of the official stat blocks, so I'm really only expecting the droids book to take 20 or so entries off our final number. Still, 20 entries is a good bit. We'll see at the start of next month when the list is updated, Keith and I have divided the workload and decided what needs restatting and what doesn't.
  24. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! Can't believe it's been two months since we got anything new for the Clone Wars Sourcebook. Tron, Cranor, hope there's nothing wrong with you guys.
  25. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Nothing wrong, sorry for the constant delays, school kind of hit me hard right before winter break, and now holidays kind of threw us both off our game. Bounty Hunters is in edits right now, and should be up in the next few days here, adn we are starting work on droids after that (though in light of the delays, we might pick a smaller, managable chapter to get us back on schedule)