RPG Cracken's Crew website and Clone Wars Sourcebook

Discussion in 'Games' started by JediAlly, Nov 26, 2005.

1. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    The Bounty Hunters chapter is now up.[face_dancing]

I can see the following edits
    Pg. 17 - Green side bar - hynogazer? You meant hypnogazer.

The Wookie language is called Shyriiwook.

According to the Wookiepedia, Harll was a male Farghul.

Robonino - Special Qualities: Contraband (2,000), No Tools Required - What are these?
  2. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks for the comments adn sharp eyes as always! The SQs you aren't familiar with are I believe from the improviser PRC? I believe its in the Rebellion era book, and is a very sweet class.

As for Harll, that was a judgement call on my part. I didn't see anything in the original sources that confirmed harll was a farghul, and he LOOKS identical to most togorian artwork. Im not sure where wookieepedia got the idea he was a farghul except that we know mika was a farghul, and the two were a couple, and we know Mika does have a daughter at some point (breela). I suppose these two facts led 'pedia to assume harrl was of the same species, but just physically comparing him to mika in the comic, or other classic examples of farghuls, he doesnt really seem to look much like them. So yeah, that was my call, if you disagree, you can always swap the species stats, I suppose, and if I was given more concrete evidence, naturally, id be open to changing the entry.
  3. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys. Don't know how far along you are with the next part, or if you got Galaxy of Intrigue, but I thought I'd give you a listing of what stats are in the book.

Aliens - Bith, Defel, Fosh, Givin, Gotal, Herglic, Mrlssi or Mrlssti, Neimoidian, Nyriaanan, and Umbaran

Creatures - Lluma, Pherin, Chlovi cat

Droids - Arakyd Industries 5-BT Threat Analysis Droid, Baktoid Combat Automata BL-series Battle Legionnaire, BluJay B4J4 Security Droid, Corporate Sector Authority MRD-39B Assassin Droid, Cybot Galactica M4-series Messenger Droid, Genetech Corporation 3D-4 Series Administrative Droid, NR-1100 Slicer Droid, Tac-Spec Corporation FIII Footman Droid

Starships, Stations, and Vehicles - Kuat Drive Yards PTV-2100 Incarcerator, Mobquet Corona Limited Luxury Speeder, Modified Incom Corporation A-24 Sleuth, Republic Engineering Corporation Ferret-class Reconnaissance Vessel and Prowler-class Reconnaissance Vessel, Sabaoth Squadrons Frigate Spy Ship, SoroSuub Corporation JG-8 Luxury Landspeeder

If you have them already, you can definitely cut the Tac-Spec Corporation FIII Footman Droid and Sabaoth Squadrons Frigate Spy Ship from your lists or to-do list. I think you can also cut the Baktoid Combat Automata BL-series Battle Legionnaire from your list, but I don't know if they appeared in the Clone Wars or if they're going to appear in the forthcoming Mandalorian episodes in the Clone Wars cartoons.
  4. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks for the cheat-sheet Ally! We tend to pre-order from amazon, so we almost always get our stuff on release day. As you noted, there are a small number of things we will be taking off our docs and future lists in favor of the genuine article.

Alright, since we only had like two weeks this month to turn out a chapter, thanks largely to the cluster that was our holiday season, we have once again redone our dark side chapter. Boasts a lot of write up revisions, as well as updates to bring everything current with all the sources available. It also allowed us to utilize the last five or so sourcebooks to make the stats, meaning we got access to force regimens and all sorts of other neat stuff that wasn't out yet when we last posted this chapter. No new characters have been added, though nearly every single one has been altered from our previous version in some way.

This is actually the very first chapter we ever did (though it has been edited and reposted abotu 3-5 times now). We did it way back in 2005 as a D20R chapter initially, so its interesting to see how far along our writing skills have come in the past 4-5 years. It is a trick to summarize the lives of these characters, who in some cases appear in dozens and dozens of sources, and somehow create an overall narrative thread that makes sense, and keep the page count as limited as possible, without coming off as just listing events. I hope everyone enjoys the chapter and it gives you all your fix for the short month here as we head toward march, where new content awaits!

I always enjoy the debate that statted main characters produces, so let the picking apart of Dooku, Ventress, Vader and Sidious begin!

Next month we will be putting out droids, though we likely will have to make it a two-parter. Part 1 should contain all the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree droids, and be written entirely by me. Part 2 will likely contain 4th and 5th degree droids, with 4th degree droids being handled by Tron (Anstrona) and 5th degree droids also being handled by me. If you can't tell, most of the droids in the chapter are 4th degree, hence the divison of labor. After droids we will be returning to Fringe NPCs and Jedi/Republic/Separatist conversions until we finish them.
  5. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll take a look at it, but considering there's only one more sourcebook coming out, I think a revision/rewrite of this chapter could have been held off until the last one comes out.

And it's looking like from the previews that you got two new droids to add to the list - those spider droids coming up in the next CW episode.
  6. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, I looked through it.

First off, I raised this issue in a previous posting - your selection of color for the background in the sidebars. I think some readers might have some problems if you have a dark background and black text. Perhaps white text in such cases instead?

You have selfbuilt instead of self-built sometimes.

I noticed that with the destinies, sometimes you have them with the special qualities and sometimes you don't. A little inconsistent there.

For Karoc, you have 2 (NBL). What's that?

With Sora Bulq, you removed battle strike, but you kept the technique Improved Battle Strike. I don't see how you can have the latter without the former.

One last thing - do you guys do SW conventions? If so, let me know the next time you're in the Philadelphia, PA area.
  7. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    ugh, all stupid mistakes on my part, great eye Ally. The only convention we have been invited to thus far was OmegaCon in march of 2008. Tron and I will be going to Celebration V in orlando this coming august for sure, though not so much in an official capacity (though we hope to have some fandom comics tees made up so we can be recognized. Philly isnt exactly on our radar, since Im in chicago and tron is in south carolina, but dawn, our sometimes Con-PR girl, is in pittsburgh, so I suppose if we were offered a table at a con that was a good fit, it might be a possibility.
  8. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Hope this get to you guys before the end of the month.

I finally got the chance to play Jedi Alliance. It's ok, but I have to say I hated the parts where I had to use the stylus to trace the arrows so the Jedi could do their leaps and acrobatics. Those were annoying. Anyway, since the droids are your next project, I have three suggestions. First off, for the giant buzz droid, just take the stats for the buzz droid and beef them up. As for the mining droids, they look a lot like dwarf spider droids. So maybe you could take the stats for the dwarf spider droids and modify them for the mining droid. I only saw the mining droid boss once, but it looked like a cross between Corporate Alliance NR-N99 tank droid and Grievous' wheelbike.

What about the Nightsister minions the Jedi had to face - the ones with red, orange, blue, and black clothes? Are you planning to get to them later on, perhaps when you're ready to bring everything together into one massive file?
  9. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    They almost made the cut for the Force Sensitives chapter, but they are likely to end up as generic templates, since none of them had names. That section will come along later on.
  10. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    droids are up! Just class 1 and 2, though next month will see class 3, and hopefully some class 4 (potentially not all of them though)
  11. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Good to see this is up. I'll make comments tomorrow, but I already have this concern, and unfortunately it's something I don't think you guys can address - it's a continuity issue.

R6 and R7 astromechs. They were released post-Endor, yet Kit Fisto and Ahsoka called their droids R6 and R7. Are your making stats for the post-Endor ones, or are you doing a customizing kit, like for the R4-P droids.
  12. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    we do address it, and I think we create a continuity patch that works in the form of upgrade kits for the base R2 kit. Clearly, looking at these alleged R6 and R7 droids, they arent. They dont look like those models. So we are of theopinion they are just R2 upgrades that have an unfortunate naming comvention.
  13. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I was thinking something along those lines. IA decided to put forth the R6 and R7 models along with the R5. The R5 proved to be a failure, and people weren't noting any major difference between the latter two and the earlier models, particularly the R2. So they pulled the R6 and R7 from the market and mothballed the project until after Endor, where they made adjustments to the schematics and came up with what we know as the R6 and R7.

The R4-P, on the other hand, seemed to be a case where IA took Anakin's work and applied it to the R4, modifying it. Maybe you should have an R4-P adjustment module for the R4?

BRT computer - I remember ALBRT and CUTHBRT from the d6, but I don't believe there were ever any stats for a generic BRT computer.

TODO-series - You said that this droid was high-strung. If any droid set the standard for high-strung droids, it was C-3PO.

Errata:
    AK-25-MED and AKD-25-MED - should be ADK-25-MED

I came across several spellings here - GoCorp, Go Corp, and Go-Corp. I'm not certain, but I think the first one is correct.
  14. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks as always! Well be sure to implement some corrections for the final compile on droids!
  15. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    In regard for your post abotu the R2 stuff, the reason I made all these R3, R4 and R6 and R7's R2 modifications is because in all the cases, the dome is solid and round with a circular photoreceptor. Its clearly an R2 model, regardless of what they are saying. R3's have a clear dome, other models have the pot-shaped head, later models have triangular photoreceptors. These are all almost widget for widget R2 series looking droids. It made more sense for it to just be a series of upgrade software to me, so thats how I presented it. Nothing wrong with your ideas about it either necessarily, but the difference in hardware design for the R3-R7 models in established canon made me lean the way I did.
  16. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey everyone, new chapter is actually up on time (not an April Fools gag! This chapter contains 13 new droids for everyone to play with, complete with mods, protocol stats, and all the rest of the Scavenger's Guide to Droids goodies. Note that not ALL 4th degree droids we plan to do made it into this chapter, there are nearly 15 more that will come in a future installment.

One quick addition, something that was accidentally omitted. A picture of the EP-216 can be found at starwars.com here:
    http://www.starwars.com/grs/theclonewars/guide/episode214/bts03.jpg
    Or in the Duchess of Mandalore episode of TCW Season 2, in the Coruscant market being questioned by clone troopers.

Hope everyone enjoys the chapter! Can't wait to read comments on what you all think of it! As always, you can download the chapter at http://www.fandomcomics.com
  17. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, guys. Happy Easter.

First off, there's the image of that one droid that you pointed out in the last post.

You gave the heading Crawler-carrier, but you list the droid as crawl-carrier.

That's about it this time. Will the next issue include that spider assassin droid from the Mandalore Saga with those minidroids?
  18. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks for the sharp eyes again Ally! We will be certain to tweak the crawl-carrier title, and as for the mandalore arakyd style spider droid thing, yeah, well def make sure to get to that.
  19. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, guys. As you well know, the last of WOTC's SW sourcebooks came out today. I was lucky to get it on Sunday, so I had a chance to gett the goods on it.

Unlike Scavengers' Guide to Droids, this book has a diverse range of d20 stats. Fortunately, from what I can recall, none of the entries in this book have been documented in either your Saga chapters or the RCRB chapters. I would say you don't need to worry about this book, but the Secret Missions series seems to be aimed at having Palpatine make contact with the Chiss (again). So there's a chance Breakout Squad could encounter some of the denizens presented in this book. In addition, there's a section dealing with hazards, and I recall you creating stats for that laser grid trap in Jedi: Shaak Ti. Maybe this section can help you convert your laser grid stats to Saga form.

So with that in mind, here's a listing of the goodies presented in the book.

Aliens: Altiri, Anarrian, Anzati, Chadra-Fan, Chiss, Ebruchi, Ishi Tib, Krevaaki, Lugubraa, Nikto, O?reen, Rakata, Shistavanen, Slussi, Squib, Ssi-Ruuk, Tofs, Vagaari, Verpine

Creatures: Aiwha, Avka Mother, Avka Young, Bantha, Bergruutfa, Brintak, Dark Wolf, Eopie, Fenwolf, Kaadu, Kalak, Maru, Mnggal-Mnggal, Orray, Rakazzark Beast, Reyko, Rockhopper, Saber Cat, Strill,Ukian Torbull, Vindinax, Ycaqt

Droids: AS23 Aerial Survey Droid, DSH-3 Probe Droid, F1 Exploration Droid, MULE Droid, Wanderer Scout Surveyor Droid, WED-20 Treadwell

Equipment: Antidote Synthesizer, Climbing Harness, Emergency Vacuum Seal, Fire Paste, Fire Rod, Hypoinjector Wristband, Microlab, Personal Multitool, Personal Translator, Plastitent, Portable Beacon, Repulsor Boots, Repulsor Hitch, Riding Saddle, Shipsuit, Signal Wand, Sonar Mapper, Subsonic Field Emitter, War Saddle, Water Extractor

Planets: 224Core, Altiria/Anarris, Durace, Giaca, Iol, Veroleem, Volik

Ships and Stations: Arized Surfeik Cruiser, Deep-X Explorer, Drexl-class starfighter, JumpMaster 5000, Killik Dartship, MRX-BR Pacifier, Mu-2 shuttle, Preybird-class starfighter, Royal Fortune-class Light Clipper, SCT scout craft, SkyBlind, Star Seeder-class colony ship, Vaya-class scout ship

Vehicles: 48 Roller Wheel Bike, Aerosled, All-Terrain Roller, Compact Assault Vehicle/Wheeled PX-10, Eeook Protecto VI Patrol Speeder, Groundcar, Land Crawler, Landmaster, Mobile Recon/Research Vehicle, New Republic Scout and Retrieval Vehicle, Nightfalcon Speeder Bike, Wind Skiff

Weapons: Black-powder pistol, Blastsword, Concussion rifle, Contact stunner, Crossbow, Electropole, Heavy slug thrower, Magna caster, Squib tensor rifle, Stun pistol, Survival knife, Targeting blaster rifle, Verpine shatter gun, Vibro-saw

In regards to the Secret Missions series, I can see them encountering the Ebruchi. The Vagaari - highly unlikely, but not impossible.
  20. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Yeah Ryan and I just got our copies this week. There were a few aliens they did that we had done (anzati, nikto and shistavanen). So those will require numerous replacements throughout. The laser trap as you said is also something we did, and I think there were a couple of vehicles that we had previously done as well. With all the books out, I am pretty excited for us to finish up droids and go back to NPCs, now that we have the full official listing of feats and talents and what have you. Hopefully OmegaDex will update before we move back to NPCs, just to make life a little easier. Thanks for the heads up!
  21. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know our third section of the Droids chapter of the Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook has gone up at http://www.fandomcomics.com . This chapter showcases a few of the more rare combat droids in use by the Separatists during the Clone Wars.

Ryan did a fantastic job with this chapter, and really picked up the slack for me. This chapter was originally supposed to have a bunch of Class 5 labor droids as well, but those have been pushed back to next month thanks to the intensity of my schoolwork. Very excited to hear what you all have to say about this chapter, it contains stats for some droids that have very recently made their first appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon!

Next month expect more combat droids (a few odds and ends plus some droid vehicles) as well as about half of my labor droids! July 1st should see the final recompile of the droids chapters into one large chapter, with a few additions and edits, as well as tables that remind you where to find officially statted droids that are a part of the Clone Wars.
  22. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    And now that Season 2 is done, you don't have to worry about episodes introducing new people, droids, vehicles, etc. for a while.

Assassin droid swarm - The stats seem to be quite different a droid's standard stats. Is it because the individual droids are so small, they have at most 1 hp?

Strider droids - When I first saw these, I was thinking, "They look like the Arakyd probe droid's benign little brother."
  23. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    yeah its a relief to have some time to catch up. The swarms use the hazard rules presented in the new unknown regions book.
  24. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Thats right, its been 5 years for our little site already! Thanks to everyone on the TFN forums who has supported us with the Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook, which we will continue doing, releasing chapters on the 1st of every month. We have also announced a new Fan Comic, go to the site for details on our new story, characters, and the brilliant artist, Aaron Johnson, who some of you might remember from his Jin-Lo Rayce pin-up in the Jedi Padawans Chapter, and other spots.

Thanks again so much! We'll see you on the 1st with a new section of droids!
  25. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Massive droids chapter just went up! This has ALMOST all the remaining 4th degree combat droids (I think there are still a handful for next month) and about half the 5th degree labor droids. 15 droids from the Clone Wars in all, but its a whopping 39 pages! There are a TON of sidebars in this section, lots of optional rules and new stuff for everyone to check out. Can't wait to see what you all have to say about the chapter, or the Lumiya sketch art we posted by Aaron in the sketchbook section to promote our new fan comic!

http://www.fandomcomics.com is the site to get it all at!