RPG Cracken's Crew website and Clone Wars Sourcebook

Discussion in 'Games' started by JediAlly, Nov 26, 2005.

1. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry I wasn't able to post my congrats on the 5 year anniversary. My computer's been plagued with registry problems this month to the point where my computer's in the shop now going through a complete wipe. Fortunately, I transferred all the files to a flash drive and rented a laptop.

I've seen the commander, pilot, and security droid, but not a marine droid. I checked the Wook, so I know they appeared in the Battlefront II game. The same applies to the Mark IV recon droid.

I recognize the variants to the B1, but I think the fire droid should be called the comedy droid considering how well they handled the fire hoses.

OX-9 Labor droid - where did they appear?
  2. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    OX-9 was galactic battlegrounds (trade federation). The picture we got was from concept art for the game. They were basically the same as the WA-7 labor droid, or any of the other labor droids for that game, like the ASP series.
  3. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I found another error. Check the description of the cleaning droid. On page 9, the beginning of the description seems to have been cut off.
  4. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    yeah we just caught that ourselves, thanks though! I posted the full stats on our WOTC thread, otherwise itll be updated on the 1st and fixed when we recompile all the droids.
  5. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey everyone,
    Alright, so it is a month later than promised, that seems to have been happening a fair bit lately, but we are doing our best! Here is the droids chapter, finalized and recompiled from all those little itty bitty droid chapters we had put out. All 5 degrees combined in one, plus the addition of a number of droids, and countless re-wordings and stat tweaks and other little fixes. This is a massive chapter, ended up being 120 pages (116 single spaced pages in the word doc WITHOUT pictures). There is a LOT of material here that Tron (Anstrona) and I have created over the past six months. There are a number of 5th degree labor droids appearing for the first time here, so I am particularly interested in what you all think of them. For those who have been waiting for us to condense all the smaller chapters into the big doc, now is your chance to download!

As always, go to www.fandomcomics.com and click "sourcebooks" to get to our download area. Also, for those of you planning to attend Star Wars Celebration V, Fandom Comics will be there in Force! Myself, Tron, Dawn, family and friends will all be present for every day of the convention! We did make up some Fandom Comics tee shirts and badge lanyards which we will be sporting during the convention, so if you see us there, feel free to come up and say hello! I believe we are also planning to attend the TFN party Thursday night, so feel free to come talk to us there as well!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
  6. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I figured as it got closer and closer to the end of last month, you guys would be coming up with a compilation chapter of the droids.

Haor Chall Engineering Air-Mobile Refresh Droid - wasn't this covered in the Vehicles and Vessels chapter?

So what's next on the agenda?
  7. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Next is Celebration V! But on Sep 1st we will be posting bounty hunters AND mercs (lots of added characters and updates). Then after that it should be Jedi Knights oct 1st. As for the refresh droid, it got moved, when we update vehicles, it will be taken out of the lineup. A vehicle update will probably happen before 2010 ends, not only to remove some things that have since been officially statted, but to add in a dozen or so vehicles that are new.
  8. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey everyone!

So, like I am sure many of you are, Tron (anstrona/Ryan) and myself will be present at Celebration V in Orlando next week, along with friends and family. We will be wandering the convention for all four days, and we are also going to the TFN afterparty Thursday evening. At the TFN party, I believe we will be wearing our Fandom Comics tee shirts, white with blue trim that say Fandom Comics in big letters on the front. Throughout the convention, we have special Fandom Comics lanyards for our badges, which are a pale green and say "Fandom Comics on them in big letters. So if you see us walking around, feel free to stop us and say hello, and let us know how awesome or sucky our website is!

www.fandomcomics.com
  9. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Alright, an update to the Bounty Hunters chapter! This chapter now contains 41 NPCs, including 5 new playable species, plus feats, weapons and equipment! The chapter has lots of popular characters from teh clone wars cartoon including Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Bossk, Seripas and Embo, and many more! The chapter also features a piece of original art created specifically for this chapter of the bounty hunter Magus from Secrets of the Jedi, a novella.

Download the chapter at www.fandomcomics.com and let us know what you think here!

For those of you who downloaded this just over a year ago, the chapter is about 33% larger with lots of new and updated content, so definitely replace that old file!

As for our upcoming planned release schedule (always open to changes) we plan to feature a conversion of our Jedi Knights chapter for October 1st, and an updated Criminals chapter, which will also include a number of mercenaries that didn't quite fit into this chapter for November 1st. After that it starts to get less certain, but odds are December 1st will be a portion of the Jedi Masters (way way way too many to do them all in one update), and starting off 2011 will either be a brand new section of fringe characters, or an update on the now horribly outdated vehicles chapter. in 2011 we hope to finish off converting the Jedi, Republic and Separatist NPCs, and finish statting all the fringer sections. If we manage to accomplish all of that, all that will remain is the clones NPC chapter, and probably doing one massive update and reorganization for all the chapters. After that, we can look at things like beasts, planets, and chapters that don't really contain stats, but focus more on resource type things, and our adventure campaign that uses all this stuff!
  10. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I think a clone chapter is long overdue. Fortunately, you should have an easier time with this than the others. Since all the clones have the same base training, they should have the same feats, talents, and skills associated with the training.

Spelling errors - Skiratta should be Skirata. Shriiwook should be Shyriiwook. Improvisor should be Improviser. Sporeinfested should be spore-infested.

I believe the Mandalorian native language is Manda'o.

Fong Do - I can see him being a thug and fringer, but a bounty hunter?

I thought the Nautolan's native language was Glee Anselman.

Magus' stats - you have Ranged grenade +13 (varies by grenade) or as the last attack option. As such, the "or" should be removed. Also , shouldn't Survival be before Use Computer.

Nack Movers - I think you meant to put down Rapid Shot rather than Rapid sh!t.[face_laugh] BTW, thanks for that. I needed the laugh.

Ruusaan Skirata - You have Species Female. I think you meant Human Female.

Akku Seii - neutronium reinforced should be neutronium-reinforced.

Rath Kelko - Persence Sense should be Presence Sense. Fleche? Should that be Fleché?

I see you came up with stats for Seripas' species. I did a search on the Wook, and I found that Kloodavians appeared in three of the Episode I Adventure books. They were a reptilian species who could regenerate lost limbs and who were immune to mind tricks. You might want to add that or come up with another name. Also, you have an unnecessary comma after the Attack Option Point Blank Shot. In addition, you have it?s Intelligence when it should be its Intelligence.

You made Embo the highest-leveled character of the group. Why is that? As for Embo, you made him a subspecies of the Aqualish. According to the Wook, he was a Kyuzo from the planet Phatrong. Also, you made him Force-sensitive, and you seem to have given him the Recall Discblade Talent, a Zeison Sha talent if I'm not mistaken. Maybe you need to redo his stats and create another set of new species stats.
  11. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Wow! lots of silly errors here, I'm slipping! Thanks for pointing all of that out. For the stuff that was more judgement call than error...

Fong Do, meh, he was an associate of Castas, who clearly was a bounty hunter/merc. He was fast enough to get the drop on a Jedi (albiet a padawan, but shes pretty exceptional for a padawan). He handled two blades at once. The guy was definitely a professional, thats the vibe I got. So yeah, thats why I went that way.

Embo, well, CL wise, I kind of needed all of that to do what I needed to do with him. He looks identical to an aqualish, aqualish have sub-species already, so it was my judgement call to make Kyuzo an aqualish sub-species. I did a subspecies feat like nikto survival to kind of explain things. If we get more Kyuzo information later on, I will probably change it, but for now, it was what rang true to me. As for the force sensitivity, the guy is literally dodging blaster bolts with the kind of reaction time that needs a Jedi, thats not just a dodge feat in play. He leaps up at insane heights. He can throw his hat and have it bounce right back to his hand. You'll see I treat his hand as a discblade, thats because the best fit, talent wise, for the way his hat works in the show, was the Zeison Sha warrior talent tree. That is where a handful of his talents come from. I dont imagine he is hugely force sensitive, just minor. Youll notice he doesn't have force training, or jedi levels (though it was tempting to take one just for deflect).

Also, Akku Seii is the highest level guy in the chapter, followed by Aurra Sing and Rath Kelkko. Then comes Embo. Or did you just mean Embo is the highest level guy in Sugi's crew? In that case, yeah, that was intentional. He seemed the most kickass. But really, I needed the feats. Youll notice the rest of his crew each have a PRC, he is the only one that doesn't.

As for clones...sorry to report that they are really last on our list for the moment. The rate at which the cartoon adds new ones means ours would be outdated by the time we finished it. We are saving it for the end. For the time being, Tron is going to keep working on Jedi then Republic and Separatist updates, while I keep working on fringer characters. Not to mention some house-keeping to keep all the chapters we do have done up to date, so we aren't just stuck redoing a ton of stuff by the time we finish.

Thanks again so much for all the detailed feedback and error catches! We will definitely have them fixed for next time!
  12. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Oh, and in regard to kloodavians, I actually did my research with the 3 books themselves, and not on wookieepedia, I don't remember seeing anything about regeneration or mind trick immunity. I will go back though and double check the sources for mention of it, and if its in the original material, I will absolutely update the species.
  13. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't know you checked those three books. I do know the regeneration and mind trick immunity were mentioned on the Wook, so chances are those things are mentioned in the books.
  14. Anstrona Jedi Knight

Wow... lots of little mistakes that I missed in the editing process. I burned through editing this time (took us 2 days this time, usually takes 3-4), and apparently it shows. We'll do better next time by taking the normal amount of time with the editing.

Couple of things: Anselmian is spoken by Nautolans and the Anselmi of Glee Anslem, but Nautolans' native language is Nautilia. Most Nautolans speak Anselmian because Nautilia is an underwater language that uses movements of their head-tresses and pheromones to communicate. Anselmian is an actual spoken language that is used mostly as for trade on Glee Anselm. Saga Edition rules only give Nautolans Nautilia as an automatic language though.

Also, it really depends on what they ate for dinner, but Rapid Shot is nowhere near as deadly a weapon as the Rapid Sh!t =P

15. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  16. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys. I got the New Battlefronts Visual Guide. I'm going through it, and I thought I should point out one necessary revision: Todo-360 was built by the company Vertseth Automata.
  17. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks! its on our to-change list already from the TCW character guide. its going to change that entire write-up when we get to it, sadly. I kind of like the angle I took with it. Hopefully I'll get my hands on new battlefronts and jedi path soon, so we can incorporate any other new data.
  18. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey everyone, last night was the 1st of the month again, and we posted our latest RPG offering, half of the Jedi Knights chapter! 13 Jedi Knights of the Clone Wars statted in all their glory. I know this is a bit smaller than you are used to seeing us put up for a single month, but unfortunately this may be the trend for the next 8 months or so. School has been super-intense for myself, and Ryan has also started his own scholastic program, limiting the time we can put in.

To supplement this month's update, we have posted two new pieces of sketch art by Aaron Johnson for our upcoming Lumiya fan comic. I know Aaron is just now finishing the inks on page three, so after a couple more pages in the bank, we will finally start posting the comic!

As always, you can see this great stuff at http://www.fandomcomics.com

In other Fandom Comics news, if you, like the rest of us, never listen to the Order 66 podcast, then you already don't know that Fandom Comics has been featured twice in the past month as their "Juicy Bit O' Web Goodness" Special thanks to GM Chris for helping that happen! If you have no idea what I am talking about (shame on you), go to

http://start.d20radio.com/home/the-order-66-podcast

As always, please express your comments, criticisms or supports in the thread, it's what drives us to keep working hard on these! Thanks for reading!
  19. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Going through it right now. Where was it said that Bant and her Padawan helped Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Mace liberate Ryloth?
  20. Anstrona Jedi Knight

Decide Your Destiny: Way of the Jedi. Very end of the book. Bant and her Padawan, along with Jaylen Kos and his new master are sent to Ryloth to assist in the war effort.
  21. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I think a little reorganization is in need - Jastus Farr before Joclad Danva.
  22. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Whoops! It'll get fixed in the compile of all the jedi!
  23. Anstrona Jedi Knight

Yeah, noticed that as I was doing the final publish. At that point it was too late to fix. It'll get fixed in the final Jedi compilation.
  24. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, it looks like NarCranor and Tron are going on a two-month hiatus. They've often found themselves working hard all year long on this, onlt to find themselves cramming for the last two months, so they're going to avoid that this time.

And I hear that Tron's gonna be a father again very soon. So congrats, Tron. Enjoy the rest, NarCranor. I'd wish the same for you, Tron, but that won't be possible with the new bundle of joy. See you both next year.
  25. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, guys. I know you won't be working on this for another two weeks, but I thought I give you a heads-up. I was on the Lit forum, and in a thread discussing the Clone Wars continuity, someone posted that Nathan Butler had established that the events of Jedi Alliance were concurrent with the Clone Wars movie. So, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka weren't involved in it. You can look in the following thread to find it: The Clone Wars Expanded Media Chronology (spoilers). They came up with a reasonable timeline to account for this on page 5.