RPG Cracken's Crew website and Clone Wars Sourcebook

Discussion in 'Games' started by JediAlly, Nov 26, 2005.

1. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, I thought you should know. In tonight's segment of Evasive Action: Prey, Prince Xizor referred to Zonder as a Selonian male.
  2. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Yeah I caught that and am promptly chewing on my shoe. At least he mentioned that the males were rare. :shrugs: cant win them all lol. Lots of new info the past few pages actually. that other new inquisitor, xizor's clan name, Boushh's face. Some cool stuff. In a week our final jedi master chapter goes up. and a month after that it looks like we are putting up the jedi recompile. Basically, it is just going to combine the 5 jedi sections into one chapter, we will be updating a lot of entries, doing some error correction, and adding 5-6 additional characters, and a bunch of sidebars with additional information. Once that is done we will probably walk away from the jedi for the rest of the year, and only take personal notes on any additional information that comes to light for another update down the road a year from now.

Anyway, hope you all checked out our new Tales of the Chu'unthor comic as well!
  3. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Have any ideas on where you're going to go next after the Jedi recompile?
  4. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    can i ask what programs you use to produce the files? Acrobat Standard? and what else? I'm asking because i want to use some programs to make stuff for work, so it's slightly unrelated to the topic.
  5. Anstrona Jedi Knight

After we're completely finished with the Jedi chapter, we're going to be working on Separatist NPC's. I've already started compiling information on the leaders of the Confederacy so we should be able to hit the ground running with that chapter. After Separatists it'll most likely be Republic NPC's, then Cloners/Clone NPC's, and finally Fringe NPC's and we'll be done with the NPC chapters of the sourcebook. Then we can start on other things like rules, feats, skills, prestige classes, archetypes, factions, droids, equipment, vehicles, vessels, and all of the "story" chapters that I'm sure everyone will enjoy.

To answer your question Matt, I use Adobe Illustrator CS2 to compose all the pages one by one, and then I combine them with Acrobat Professional 7.
  6. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    We are looking at the Separatists after the Jedi recompile. From a GM standpoint, chapters that have bad guys to fight are more useful than allies. If you want to run a clone wars campaign with wat tambor as your arch nemesis, maybe your band of jedi is assigned to shut down the techno union, well then his stats would be very useful. So it is with that in mind that we are putting our take on the CIS leaders (most of which will be all heroic and much higher in level than we see in the minis products rpg stats. The way we see it, these are people who have risen to the very top of intergalactic commerce, they ought to be good at whatever it is they do, be it dealmaking or engineering or whatever. So expect to see some mastermind-worthy builds for the CIS leadership.

However, my schedule is about to cloud up for the next 8 weeks starting monday, so its possible we will push that chapter back and instead do one last recompile on the dark side chapter, adding in sidebars, just to accomodate my schedule. Regardless, NPCs will continue to be our focus, probably for the rest of 2006. We still have the Republic (including the government, loyalists and the military) the Separatists, and the fringe. So there are still many many characters that need attention. I would estimate that around jan 2007 (the one year anniversary of the release of our first chapter) we will start a new section, probably focusing on droids, weapons, vehicles, starships and equipment for the bulk of 2007, and the finally we will get into the other sections like the organizational charts and timelines and what have you. That is our very loose, long term plan. We will have to see what the months ahead bring and take them as they come. However, with everyone's continued support of the project (we did 1,000 downloads of the Master A-K chapter in under 4 weeks!) I dont see any reason why we would stop producing.

On a related note, everyone for the final Master chapter (L-Z) is statted and written up and edited except for Quinlan Vos, Neeja Halcyon, and Roan Shryne. We are working frantically to complete them, though there is a good chance Neeja won't make deadline (we publish june 1st), and will be delayed a month for the recompile. Sorry Halcyon fans! but to be fair, he already has stats in the power of the jedi sourcebook, so its not like you are completely without stats for him.

The jedi recompile will get a few more character additions, there are about 5-6 more characters on the list we already plan to add in the various chapters, and a few entries that need to get updated as well.

As for the .pdf assembly question, that is Tron's forte, so ill leave that for him to answer.
  7. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe just as well. I don't think the Clone Wars material won't be over until Clone Wars Adventures Volume 6 comes out.
  8. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Well sure you have CWA 6 in august, and im sure they will eventually do a 7 as well. Plus you have a new clone wars cartoon in the works, and the rumored darth vader game might have some new jedi characters that survive the purge as well. That doesn't even begin to get into additional comics and novels. odds are, when this thing is finally done, well still have to update it once a year or so until the 3 year era is beat to death.
  9. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Alright, finally the last Jedi chapter is up! Sadly, our deadline (which we were still 3 days late on) prevented us from including Nejaa Halcyon and Quinlan Vos. I know there are fans out there that want them included, and they will be. Unfortunately, you just have to wait another month :T. I apologize for anyone who was planning to use them in game this month. Anyway, next month is our big recompile for the Jedi chapter. LOTS of error correction, updates to a few characters, and 7 completely new characters, and 2 completely redone characters, plus sidebars galore! Once this recompile comes out, the Jedi chapter probably won't change until we update it something like a year from now. So feel free to print it out when the recompile posts!

Anyway, hope you all enjoy this chapter, please let us know what you think, and as always, sniff around for errors and let us know what you find!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
    http://www.fandom.swnsu.com

Just click on sourcebooks, then download the Jedi Masters Part 2 (and check out the other chapters if you haven't already!
  10. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I have to admit I was kinda hoping the delay was because you wanted to get them all in.

Are you counting Nejaa and Quinlan among the seven new ones?

You're redoing two of them? Which two, and why did they need to be redone?
  11. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    The ones we are adding are as follows:

Padawan Joc Sah
    Knight Roth-Del Masona
    Knight Sia-Lan Wezz
    Knight Jastus Farr
    Knight Leska
    Master Neeja Halcyon
    Master Quinlan Vos

The two being basically completely redone are Bardan Jusik and Etain Tur-Mukan. The two are both Jedi Knights in Triple Zero, so we are going to expand both of their write-ups and provide an additional set of "knight stats" for both of them. The Padawan chapter was done before including triple zero info was possible, so thats why the major update for those two is neccesary. There will also be minor tweaks and error corrections for the existing entries, and of course the inclusion of sidebars. Sadly, the reason for the delay is mostly my fault.

This is unrelated to star wars, but basically, I just started EMT-B School, which is another 16 hours a week of class time (and early in the morning when I usually sleep) plus I already work 40 hours a week. So for the next 7 weeks, I just don't have the time available to commit that I normally do. So while I got most of my masters done on time, Nejaa and Quinlan suffered. Vos is mostly done, but still not ready. So at first we thought Id be able to squish them in and just be a day late, but it turned out I just wasn't able to get it done. So we went ahead and posted.

The good news is that it is only an 8 week course. So we might be a little sketchy for the next 2-3 months while I get through school and catch back up. Just bear with us, things will get back to normal by the time summer is over. Our comic updates should not suffer as a result at all. Those scripts are already written, and the artists TJ and Steve don't see anything that might slow them down any time soon. So our mid-month updates should still be timely.
  12. Anstrona Jedi Knight

Anakin is also getting a slight retooling. Originally I used Gary Sarli's stats for Anakin as of the duel and just tickered back the two levels of Sith Lord and re-included the 6th level of Jedi Guardian. But the more I looked at those stats over the last couple of months the more things I want to change with it. He won't be completely different, but there will be differences in his stats. Plus for the Dark Side chapter, since I'm redoing the stats from scratch rather than using Gary's as a base, I'm going to have my "Duel" Anakin stats as well as his existing stats in the DS chapter which are stats as of Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (which are also getting a tweak).
  13. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I can sympathize with you when it comes to waking up early, NarCranor. I began working for the IRS as a tax examiner in March of last year. My shift is from 7 AM to 3:30 PM. To get there at a good time to find a decent parking space, and to have breakfast before leaving, I have to get up at 5. I'm basically a nightowl, and I prefer to sleep in.
  14. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    A question about the Quarmall entry. You said Palpatine created a clone of the Abyssin Jedi master, sent him to guard one of his treasuries, like Joruus C'Baoth did on Wayland. You also said Quarmaall caused a lot of trouble for the New Republic. In what book(s) or comic(s) did that happen? Or is that your own home-brew idea?
  15. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I found an omission. Under the Bith Master Ph'ton, you indicate he has the Force secret special quality. But you don't list the specific Force secret or secrets he had learned.
  16. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Found another one. Same problem as above, but this time it's Shadday Potkin.

BTW, based on their actions, I'd say some of the Jedi that have been listed turned to the dark side, but they didn't join Dooku. Specifically - Cal, Koffi Arana, and Shadday Potkin. It was specifically mentioned in the respective comics that Rhad Tarn and Zule Xiss turned to the dark side before dying. Therefore, shouldn't they be in the dark side chapter, or perhaps have a chapter of their own?
  17. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Eh, these characters you mention don't neccesarily turn to the dark side fully, but definately take actions while under its influence. I mean, anakin wasnt considered to have fallen to the dark side after slaughtering the tuskens, he was considered to have fallen when he joined sidious. The fact that these characters had a moment of weakness just prior to their death, does not neccesarily make them evil.

Beyond that, they are all in the jedi chapter because when they are used by GMs as NPCs, because they only called upon the dark side at the very end of their lives (usually just for minutes) they will be used by the GM's a significant amount of time before they turn. This means that as the GMs uses them, they will likely still be firmly within the realm of the light.

The most debatable character would be Quinlan Vos, as he does fall firmly to the dark side for a time.

Anyway, always glad to hear your comments! and thanks again for being such a loyal supporter!
  18. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I recall the WotC website having stats for T'ra Saa some time ago. However, I think I like yours more because of the inclusion of the Jedi Watchman prestige. However, you have Skill Emphasis: Enhance Ability as a special quality. That's really a feat, first off. Secondly, does she have that Skill Emphasis, or did you mean to put something else in its place?
  19. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    don't consulars get Skill Emphasis at Level 6?
  20. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    No. Level 9. I'm not disputing that she should have a Skill Emphasis. I'm just saying the Skill Emphasis should have been listed with the other feats. Also, given how she's a Consular, I was thinking her Skill Emphasis should be a healing skill, like Treat Injury or Heal Another.

Here are the stats that WotC posted about T'ra Saa. Based on the timing and description, they're as of completing her mission on Devaron during the Clone Wars, which took place in Jedi: Aayla Secura.

T'ra Saa: Female Neti Jedi Consular 13/Jedi Master 4; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Defense 22 (+11 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 158/16; Atk +16/+11/+6 melee (5d8 +3, crit 18-20, lightsaber), +14/+9/+10/+1 ranged; SQ Camouflage, deflect (defense +2, attack -3), Force secrets (+1 Heal Another/Self, +1 Battlemind/Force Defense), healing, Jedi Knight, metamorph, photosynthesis; SV Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +16; SZ M; FP 11; DSP 0; Rep +6; Str 17, Dex 12, Con 19, Int 16, Wis 21, Cha 14. Challenge Code H.

Equipment: Lightsaber, Jedi robes.

Skills: Hide +6, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +20, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Neti, Sense Motive +20, Speak Basic, Speak Neti.

Force Skills: Battlemind +19, Empathy +23, Enhance Ability +19, Enhance Senses +22, Farseeing +14, Force Defense +19, Friendship +8, Heal Another +25, Heal Self +13, See Force +24, Telepathy +15.

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Heroic Surge, Improved Critical (lightsaber), Sharp-Eyed, Skill Emphasis (Hide), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Attuned, Aware, Compassion, Control, Force Mind, Knight Mind, Sense.

Special Qualities: Metamorph -- A Neti has the innate ability to alter its shape and size at will. A Neti can vary its size anywhere from Medium-size to Large to Huge. A Neti can also alter its form to be roughly humanoid, squat and quadrupedal, or solid and treelike. Changing size and shape is a full-round action, and alters some scores like Hide, Defense, and Attack. (Refer to the Star Wars Roleplaying Game revised core rulebook for details on size modifiers.) Even in quadrupedal or treelike form, a Neti has manipulative tendrils to operate tools and make attacks. A Neti in quadrupedal form is more difficult to trip or move with a bantha rush (receiving a +4 stability bonus on rolls to resist these effects), but it cannot run or charge. A Neti in its stationary tree form is extremely resistant to these attacks (+12 stability bonus on all rolls to oppose bantha rushes and trips), but it is immobile. The extra wound points a Neti gains for being Huge disappear if it assumes a smaller form. A Neti that takes 12 or more points of wound damage in Huge form cannot reduce its size until healed.

Photosynthesis -- As plants, Neti have no need for food. They have a greatly reduced need for water, as long as they have regular access to broad-spectrum light. A Neti needs only one-tenth the water of most races, but if deprived of sunlight, it starves, much as other races do when lacking food. A Neti with the Control feat that enters a Force trance can survive almost indefinitely in an area with natural sunlight and rain.

Camouflage -- In its treelike form, a Neti gains a +8 circumstance bonus on Hide checks when concealed among trees and similar foliage.
  21. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    I have tron looking into the T'ra Saa issue, so there will likely be a post about what happened there soon. In other site news, we posted Cracken's Crew: The Invisible War page 13 today, so you can check that out.
  22. Anstrona Jedi Knight

Yeah, that's an editing goof on my part. Nar had the habit of putting the Skill Emphasis bonus feat that JC's get, into SQ's because...well, they're listed as an SQ in the class stats. I had been going through them and putting them in feats where they belong and I guess I missed the one on her. Not to worry, it'll be fixed with the final (for now anyway) Jedi chapter recompile that we're gonna be pushing out the door on July 1st.
  23. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Oh happy day, finally! Nejaa Halcyon and Quinlan Vos are done, and in plenty of time to make the Jedi Recompile! They each took me a long long long long time (Im growing to hate researching the novels, takes forever, comics go so much quicker). We still actually have 5 more Jedi we want to add, but they are all minor characters who should prove very fast to stat, and we have two more to do major overhauls and updates on. Tron is still fiddling with the new program to construct these inside, so its possible we may end up a few days late again, but things are looking good for the recompile at the moment!
  24. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know if you want to do this, but I think there are two additional Jedi that you might include. If not in the upcoming recompile, then in a future one. The first one is a Jedi Knight named Gira, and he appeared in Star Wars Tales 17, I believe. The other is Aidan Bok, who appeared as a Force ghost in Ghost of the Jedi. I say might because Gira appeared, and died, in a Tales novel, and some of the stories are considered Infinities and are therefore not part of the official SW and EU timeline and canon. As for Aidan Bok, there are very few copies of the Galaxy of Fear out there.

Fortunately, I have both books in question. If you want me to send you info on these two, let me know and I'll PM you.
  25. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    I actually have both of those books, but thank you for offering. What it really comes down to, in so far as if we are going to actually do stats for someone or not, is this. What did they do DURING the clone wars. If we have absolutely no idea of a single battle or event that occured during the clone wars that concerns them, odds are they are not going to end up getting a full write up with stats. However, characters like these two are going to be included in sidebars, so that way they arent completely ignored. Down the road, (in 2 years or so) we may find that we have the kind of free time to go back and stat out some of the more major characters that got sidebarred.

I mean, we have already statted exactly 150 Jedi. 150. Plus the 13 dark siders. Compare that to say, Ultimate Adversaries....where you get 30 pre-genned NPCs. But yeah, the bottom line is that we are pretty much going to start vomitting if we have to stat any more Jedi, and are more than ready to move on to Separatists and start using non-jedi classes. Down the road we will see what happens.

In the mean time though, when the recompile comes out, please look through it, and if you notice someone isnt mentioned that you feel should be, PLEASE let us know. We would like to make the Jedi chapter as near-perfect as we can.

Thanks again for all the support

Keith "Nar" Kappel