RPG Cracken's Crew website and Clone Wars Sourcebook

Discussion in 'Games' started by JediAlly, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    excellent stuff, the sheer level of content you're getting out is awesome, very very appreciative of your work.

Let the diversity begin! (non jedi) :p

2. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    The wait is finally over! I know we are 3 days late, but I hope you will find the chapter worth the wait. 150 Jedi fully statted and written out, nearly 100 other Jedi mentioned. Plus, we added the much desired Quinlan Vos and Nejaa Halcyon. Also, several new pieces of artwork from both our regular contributors and newcomer Sean Vrabel!

As always, I am very interested in everyone playing "editor" when they read through the document and use it in gameplay, and letting us know of any errors both grammatically and in stats, canon or balance that they find. We are dedicated to making sure the Clone Wars D20 Fan Sourcebook is as accurate as possible and of the highest calibur!

Thanks again for all the support!
  3. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I looked through it, and to quote Thrawn, "it was so artistically done." But I do have some questions and comments.

Where are new feats and the Jedi watchman and Chalactan prestige classes you came up with? Are they going to be included in other chapters?

You have various blocks labeled killed in Action, fallen to the dark side, missing in action, etc. In each of them, you have random skills noted, and each had a certain rank number with them. Does that mean anything, or is that just eye candy.

I saw that picture of the Jedi who didn't make it in this new release. The one that looks like a blond girl. Who is that? Secondly, with a little work, you might be able to make her look like Tahiri Veila.

Jastus Farr - a Noghri? I would have thought the Noghri would remain obscure until the Thrawn Trilogy. I know they appeared in Armor, but I would have thought Palpatine and Vader kept their existence a secret from the galaxy while they used them as indentured bodyguards.

Aidan Bok - He wasn't killed on Coruscant. Vader killed him during his mission to destroy the Jedi library located on the ancient space station Nespis VIII.

The Padawan Bardan Jusik appeared in the previous Padawan chapter, but he's not in the collation.
  4. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi Wan has 132 VP, which for a Jconsular 6/investigator 5/master 4 seems a hell of a lot. 132/15 = 8.8 vp per level, very lucky on rolls or a typo?

but that's a minor point, and the only thing i can come up with at the moment

great work guys.

5. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    New feats and PRCs will eventually be recollected in a chapter entitled feats and a chapter entitled PRCs, which will get done as soon as all the NPCs are done. This recompile is basically more or less how the chapter will look when the entire book is assembled.

The random skills mean nothing, that is just how the core book does its sidebars. Silly? Yes. But we wanted to make it look the same :shrugs:.

Jastus Farr is undoubtably a nogrhi. Explanation? Maybe he stowed away on a transport of some smuggler or explorer, or maybe a Jedi crash landed there much like with Asajj Ventress on Rattatak, except this one was eventualyl picked up via his beacon, and he took Jastuss with him. A million scenarios could account for it. The planet is still considered relatively unknown, or at least very obscure. The Emperor further covered up its existance and the accident down the road when he had taken over. Nogrhi are still rare, but there is no denying Jastuss Far was one.

Aidan Bok id have to look into. Maybe he was just thought dead on coruscant and escaped to nespis VII after faking his death :shrugs: ill check it out.

Bardan Jusik and Etain Tur-Mukan are now in the Knights section, as in Triple Zero they were knights and no longer padawans. We kept their padawan stats, they are just in the knights section with the rest of the entry.

I can look into Obi-Wan's vitality, but his con is what? 14, so he gets +2 to con each level. That means 10 the first level, and an average of 6 each additional level (8 per master level) so hes a little high, but he was one of the more exceptional jedi, so its still within the acceptable range. Besides, in obi-wan's experience, there is no such thing as luck. If he has a high vitality, it must be the will of the force :p.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out, and keep the questions and comments coming!
  6. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Considering what happened to Nikkos Tyris' lightsaber, shouldn't Nejaa have a few ranks in the Drain Energy skill?
  7. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    That is covered by the Dissipate Energy feat.
  8. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    How about this one - the stats of the Bith Jedi Master Ph'ton says he has the Force Secret (Farseeing +1). But he has no ranks in that Force skill. Could you have meant to give him that +1 bonus in another Force skill?
  9. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Found two more ommisions, and both are about Quinlan Vos' stats.

He gained two Force secrets, one when he gained his first rank as a Jedi Master, and one when he gained his third rank as a Jedi Master. What are those secrets?

He also gained the increase weapon damage +1d8 SQ when he gained his second rank as a Jedi Weapon Master. Did he choose a specific weapon?

I also have a question about his stats. Should he not have some ranks in Force Lightning and maybe Force Grip?
  10. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Found an incongruity with Serra Keto. In the Jedi Knights chapter, you had attack -3 listed in her SQ. In the compilation chapter, though, she has attack -4. The Jedi Knights chapter was the correct one.
  11. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Tried to add this to the previous post, but ran out of time.

Some of the stats state that the Jedi can inflict more damage with a lightsaber, when in fact the Jedi can't. For example, Sha'a Gi's stats says he can inflict 3d8 damage, but he doesn't have the increase lightsaber damage SQ. So he should only inflict 2d8.

Similarly, Obs Kaj's stats states she has that SQ, but she's only a Jedi Guardian 4. Jedi Guardian receive that SQ when they reach level 6, so she shouldn't have that SQ listed.

With Jax Pavan, in addition to the starting feats he received, he should have two additional feats - one for Force training and one bonus feat at 1st level for being human. But you gave him three feats. Which one is the erroneous one?
  12. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks Ally, we are looking into all that.

In other news, we have posted page 3 of the Tales of the Chu'unthor comic, and we have an interview going up at http://www.lightsabre.co.uk tomorrow afternoon. Check them out and let us know what you think!
  13. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Alright, its the 1st, so we updated with a new version of our dark side chapter. There were a few subtle tweaks to various stats and write ups, as well as the addition of Nikkos Tyris and Shaala Doneeta, as well as a pair of sidebars. Not a particularly huge update, I know, but it was basically to give us a month to rest and recuperate and get ahead a bit on the upcoming Separatist Chapter, which will be quite large.

Also, be on the look out for two pages of Cracken's Crew on the 15th!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
    http://fandomcomics.com
  14. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Just wanted to let you all know that our Cracken's Crew web comic has updated again with two new pages today! Let us know what you think!

Also, our Separatist chapter is more or less on schedule and will be posted on the 1st of the month. Nearly 60 new NPCs!
  15. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I take it you are aware of the forthcoming Saga Edition of the SWRPG Core Rulebook. Will this have any impact on your work?
  16. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    An excellent question. The saga edition is still quite a distance out from release. Beyond that, we wish to first purchase it ourselves and read through it a bit and decide for ourselves what we think of the new rules set. Assuming we like it, it is likely that once the entire book is compiled, we will go back and adjust anything that needs adjusting to the new rules, and probably post both editions. If it is horrible, on the other hand, we may just ignore it.

Just modifying stats is not nearly as much work as creating them or doing the write ups for the NPCs and what have you. Again, it will largely depend on the finished product once it is in our hands.
  17. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Well, slowly but surely we are getting the Separatist chapter completed. I actually still have about 10 characters to write up and stat, but Tron has all of his completed already, and we expect the 59 NPC chapter to be ready on time. One thing the chapter will not have, however, is any original artwork. About a quarter of the characters do not have an image, and we will eventually talk with our considerably sized art team about that as soon as they finish drawing the Jedi pin-ups. So in 4 months or so, expect an update to this chapter, with any error corrections and art additions. As of now we are still expecting to be able to post it on the 1st of the month (though it MAY not be at midnight the night before, as we often do when we are ahead of the game).

This should be an exciting and useful chapter for those of you running clone campaigns. As we did with the Jedi Chapter, we completely reimagined stats for those separatists we have already seen stats for (vastly powered up the CIS Council, in hopes players use one of them as an ongoing mastermind type nemesis for their party). We also provided stats for several military commanders and other, lesser-known leaders within the CIS infrastructure. There are a few other suprises as well. All bad guys though, so it should be of great use in clone wars era campaigns. In any case, I am sure everyone will enjoy the chapter. Keep a look out here and I will post the moment we update.
  18. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Ugh, this chapter is taking forever to complete. I am down to the last character to stat finally! Bok is the last guy on my list to get done, the file is basically assembled. Odds are this will go up late night thursday or friday, about a week late. Sorry! The next chapter will definately be on time, as it is just a collection of the species stats that have been written forever ago. We are also jumping ahead and scanning through our upcoming republic and fringe chapters, to make sure we cover all the species at the same time. I want to say we had the count at about 18 new species.

After that we plan on releasing our Republic NPC chapter, then probably our PRC chapter, then our clones chapter, and finally, our fringe chapter on feb 1st 2007, and definately expect a Jedi update around march 1st, which should include a LOT of new artwork! We have already got about half a dozen pieces completed that haven't been included in the chapter yet, and another half a dozen we are waiting on completion of. Hopefully we will be able to stick to schedule, but as always, it is subject to change. With the NPC section completed, expect 2007 to primarily consist of stats for weapons, equipment, vehicles, starships, droids and feats, as well as updates to the NPC chapters as new material becomes available.

Dont forget to check out our comics, short fiction, sketchbooks, and forums as well!
  19. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cool, i'm looking foreward to it. Don' worry about i being late. It's not like the two of you are this huge company and that we are paying a lot of money for your product.
  20. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Alright, its 11 days late, but we FINALLY got our CIS chapter up. I was browsing the final product a little while ago and I think it turned out excellent! Like all of our Clone Wars books, this was essentially created by just Tron and myself, and Tron really stepped up for this chapter. But as always, when only two people are producing such a large item, there are bound to be mistakes. If you notice anything incorrect, PLEASE let us know so we can put it in our notes and get it corrected when we do an art update for the chapter (which should happen in a few months).

The CIS chapter is about 45 pages long, and contains something close to 60 NPCs including alternate takes on the CIS council, to better facilitate their use as arch-enemies for clone wars campaigns, as well as a host of never-before-statted characters. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Anyway, our next chapter will bring you stats for the various species we have been using in the NPC chapters, something like 22 species that have never been D20 statted before! Most of these are actually already completed, so it gives tron and myself a chance to work ahead on the Republic Chapter, which will be pretty massive, something like 100 NPCs. PRCs will probably be our next chapter after the Republic, to give us time for the Fringe Chapter, which will likely come after that, and then well start working the final NPC section, Clones.
  21. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    cool, i'm looking foreward to seeing your prestiege classes.
  22. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Well I am glad you are looking forward to seeing our PRCs! There are 20 in total we are looking to put in the chapter, half of which we have already used (Chalactan Priest, Jedi Commander, Jedi Watchman, Mandalorian Warrior, Military Advisor, Morgukai Warrior, Political Advisor, Scientist, Senator and Slaver) and the rest of which we are anticipating we will need for future chapters. There are 10 others that are all over the place, I'm not going to reveal any of them now, in case we change our minds about what we need.

Also, FYI, its the 15th, so that means its comic book update day! Today we added a page to Tales of the Chu'unthor, and we finally get to see what was so important that Ivixia had to interrupt lightsaber practice for! We are still just getting started on this comic, and expect two more pages to come around november 15th, finishing out our introduction to the Chu'unthor book and set the plot in motion!
  23. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, 20 classes, you guys have certainly put a lot of work into this.
  24. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Got the next chapter will be taking a look at it. I was expecting the prestige/archetype chapter. Since you said you've already used half of the twenty you came up with, I'd say this chapter should be the one you post next month. If you were ever to compile all these chapters into one collation, I think the chapters should be arranged in the following manner:

Alien Species
    Planets (assuming you plan on making this one)
    Prestiges/Archetypes
    Jedi
    Dark Side
    Republic
    Clone commanders
    Confederacy
    Rogues (Kar Vastor for example)
    Ships, stations, and vehicles
  25. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    And er, an equipment one :p

interested in the list of weaps and stuff. one thing specifically at this moment in time I have interest in is the cortosis gauntlets worn by that anzati assassin, I think quinlan vos also had a cortosis thing on his arm, from his fight with sora bulq and also the staffs used by the morgukai clones (and bok himself).