main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPG Cracken's Crew website and Clone Wars Sourcebook

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by JediAlly, Nov 26, 2005.

1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Another good update. You introduced the koroni species, but have mace listed as a human.

2. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Yes we updated with 22 alien species, glad you guys enjoyed the chapter. Mace Windu will be updated the next time we take a pass on the Jedi chapter to reflect that he is NH: Korunnai instead of Human, of course. We do plan to eventually compile everything, it is just much, much easier to work on the project one chapter at a time until we get through all the sections, then worry about compiling everything.

Next month will either be Republic NPCs or PRCs.

3. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you guys know our comic side of the site updated today with two new pages of Cracken's Crew: The Invisible War. Check it out and let me know what you think!

4. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005

Looks great as always. Makes me wish I could just pop down to store and buy a copy so I could find out what's going to happen next. :)

5. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I was going through your Confederacy chapter and I noticed that in Ovolot Qail Uthan's stats, you listed the feat Skill Emphasis Knowledge (biology) twice.

6. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Good catch, Ally, I will have to let Tron know to add that to our list of corrections to make.

As for new material, the PRC chapter is on target and should release on the 1st. 20+ new PRCs and archetypes. Know that I will post here as soon as I know it is up!

7. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Nice, i'm glad the prc class is the one your guys are up loading.

8. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Well, it is a few days late, but tron still got it out in good time. We have a ton of PRCs and archetypes in this chapter, some of which are extremely long and involved. According to tron, doing tables in PDFs is a huge pain in the rear, so congrats to him for getting it done! As always, the chapter can be downloaded in .pdf at http://www.fandomcomics.com just click on sourcebooks and download the chapters you wish to view.

Here is the list of classes in the fan-supplement:
    Archetypes:
    Clone Commander
    Jedi Commander
    Republic Officer

PRCs:
    Anzati Assassin
    Black Marketeer
    Chalactan Priest
    Demolitionist
    Doctor
    Field Medic
    Intel Agent
    Jedi Watchman
    Korunnai Adept
    Mandalorian Warrior
    Military Advisor
    Morgukai Warrior
    Political Advisor
    Republic Commando
    Scientist
    Senator
    Slaver
    Training Sergeant

Enjoy! and as always, use this thread or our own forums to let us know of any critisicms, comments, corrections, or how they worked in play in your campaigns!

9. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Looks nice. Have some questons right off the bat.

Republic Officer - The archetype looks more for an army officer than a navy officer. Shouldn't those serving the navy/space fleet have ranks in the Navy Oficer prestige rather than/as well as the Officer prestige?

Jedi Commander - Similar question as above. Some Jedi may prefer leading fleets to leading ground troops.

Morgukai Warrior - Typo. In the class skills section you have Military Advisor rather than Morgukai Warrior.

The politcal prestiges - if the character moves on to a different profession, can the character still use the special qualities that are pertinent to the political prestiges.

You should mention these prestiges/archetypes to JediPowell over at SWRPGNetwork. He's making a revised NJO sourcebook, and I think some of these prestiges/archetypes can be useful to him. Jaina would definitely fall into the Jedi Commander archetype.

Edit - I guess for clones like Alpha, they started out having Republic Commando prestige and end up with the Clone Commander Archetype. Also, what's next? As I see it, you have the following choices:
    Planets
    Creatures
    Droids
    Republic characters
    Clone troopers
    Ships, stations, and vehicles (this can be separated into individual chapters)
    Rogues (Villie and Kar Vastor for example)

10. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Just gave it a quick once over, but i like it. The jedi commander looks good. I wonder if the same goal could be reached by making a jedi general prc? The mandalorian and training sargent classes are cool. Now i can draw up my own cal.

11. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Training sergeant was definately made with kal skiratta and walon vau in mind. Ally, thank you for pointing some of those things out. Obviously you do not need to use an archetype if it does not suit your character. Taking ranks of plain old officer or naval officer would better represent some characters, and the archetypes are not meant to represent every instance of a character that holds that title.

Also, as for next chapters, you forgot weapons, equipment, and non-stat chapters (of which we have a few planned), as well as feats, new skill uses, and techniques. However, none of these are what we are putting up december 1st. As I have stated elsewhere, this is a massive undertaking for two guys. Gargantuan even. It is expected that throughout the journey to complete a draft of this sourcebook, tron and myself will encounter periods where we get fatigued with it and need a break.

With that in mind, we will be posting an edited update of the Jedi chapter on december 1st, with 7+ new characters, and updates to several other characters. Most important, we will be adding in nearly a dozen pieces of original artwork for characters who have never been depicted as drawn by our impressive host of talented contributors. So, now is definately a great time to download the existing jedi compiled chapter and read it wtih a critical eye to find any errors that we may not yet have caught! simple typos to stat errors to continuity errors in write ups or mislabed images or anything at all!

12. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Fantastic job as always guys. Several of the Prestige Classes have already flowed nicely into character concepts I have envisioned for future points in my campaigns.

A quick question though. Under the Anzati Assassin you have Exotic Weapon Proficiency [Anzati double-blade]. What kind of double-bladed weapon (sword, vibro...) is this and where can I find the stats? :)

13. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    we will do stats for it in a future weapons chapter for sure. In the mean time, all I can say is check out the siege of saleucami and the arc before that of the Republic Comic book (republic 72-77) for images.

14. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    just want to check... the mando warrior PrC gets 1d18 vp per level right?

Also, Armour proficiency heavy/powered is listed under starting feats and also under the list of available bonus feats for mandos

15. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    New Jedi and new pictures! =P~

16. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    mando should be 1D10 per level, and WP rifle should be a requirement.

17. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Alright everyone, we finally put out a revision to the Jedi Order Chapter. We have added the following characters:

Jedi Master Traavis
    Jedi Knight Eon
    Jedi Knight Rivi-Anu
    Jedi Knight Treetower
    Padawan Zephata'ru'tor
    and younglings galore

There may have been more added that I missed.

Also, we have new artwork for
    Master Arligan Zey
    Master Glynn-Beti
    Master Jai Maruk
    Master Maks Leem
    Master Neeja Halcyon
    Master Puroth
    Master Waldan Bridger
    Padawan Lena Missa
    Padawan Scout
    Padawan Zephata'ru'tor
    Youngling Pax Chizzik
    Youngling Veda

Lots of other minor changes as well, including stat changes to ma'kiss'shaalas and Tholme, and many, many others.

This is the last time we will update the Jedi Order until the 4th quarter 2007, so feel free to take the time to print this version out. Also, please let us know what you think!

18. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Gonna make a more thorough lookover later, but I already spotted an omission. Jax Pavan was mentioned in the first version, but he's absent in this one. Was that an oversight, or are you preparing for his appearance in the Jedi Twilight trilogy coming up in less than two years?

You have T?Chooka D?ook rather than T?Chooka D?oon.

Also, you forgot to list the Force Feats Ma?kis?shaalas knows.

19. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Yeah, Jax Pavan got taken out in anticipation of the coruscanti knights trilogy. as for the rest, big oops on our part! well get that corrected fast!

20. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    In the entry for the Jedi with that freaking sweet hat, you have the following listed as Force Feats: Alertness, Cleave, Great Cleave, Guardian?s Guidance, Power Attack, and Sunder. These are normal feats. None are associated with the Force.

You also have an "x" at several places, like FP and Init. Does this mean you haven't determined what the values should be for the associated x's.

21. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Hey, NarCranor. Hope you, your associates, and your families are looking forward to the holiday season. I came across a site some time ago: starwars-rpg.net. It features fan-made rules, characters, powers, etc. in an Online Journal. Though only four issues were made, three of them featured a story called Cadences. It's called Cadences. I believe the main characters are fan-made, but it's set in the Living Force campaign, and it draws in not only characters from that campaign, but also the various lightsaber forms that existed at that time.

Unfortunately, the site is currently experiencing difficulties, so you won't be able to call the story up. However, I did manage to copy and save the articles onto my computer. If you're interested, I can copy and paste the story, which also contain RCRB-based d20 stats for the characters, onto a Microsoft Word file, then e-mail you the story. You can read it and decide if these Jedi should be included in your Clone Wars Sourcebook.

On a related subject, I don't believe I have seen any of the Living Force campaign Jedi mentioned in your works to date. Not only are they mentioned in the Living Force campaign, but they've also been mentioned in various articles on the WotC website. Any reason why they've been left out?

22. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Well, at the time we arent really including other fan-made jedi into the sourcebook save the ones we have seen fit to "create" (when I say create, I basically mean create a backstory for throwaway characters like durnar and his ilk, which was a fun lil promotion we did on the DHC boards). But thank you.

As for the LFC. Thats a tricky one. The first reason we cut them (though most can be found in sidebars) is time and space. We already have 150 Jedi, and tron and I were ready to end it all and slit our throats if we had to stat any more jedi. Beyond that, there are either official stats (without nearly as much wiggle room as film characters) or not enough information to create stats for many of the characters. That was then.

I have recently made contact with one of the architects of the LFC website, and he has pledged to lend us a hand in answering questions and what have you. This is a tactic we use often at fandom, to get psuedo official information to fill in some of the large gaps or big question marks we have that take a character from a single line in an HNN website or insider entry to a full fandom entry in the sourcebook. That contact is only a week old, so don't expect LFC jedi during the holiday season or anything, but it will happen down the road.

Right now we are focused on republic politicians, which is what well be posting on jan 1st.

23. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Just wanted to let you guys know that we started a thread in the fan art section here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=25600615&brd=10020

If you have enjoyed the original art we have been producing in the Clone Wars D20 Fan Sourcebook, please post in the thread there and let the artists know which pieces were your faves! There is also news in that thread about new contributors we are bringing on and the like!

24. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    I went to check on the progress of the next chapter. Instead, I found this message.

I am deeply saddened to report that Ryan Brooks, my friend and co-founder, has experienced the tragic and sudden loss of his father-in-law this holiday season. Understandably, Ryan has decided it best to take a bit of time off from the site to get through this turbulent time with his loved ones. As a result, the Republic Politician NPC Chapter for our Clone Wars D20 Fan Sourcebook we had planned to release today will be delayed. I apologize to our fans for the delay, but I am certain you can all be understanding, and I would encourage each of you to send Ryan your condolences and sorrow for the loss in his family.

I'd like to extend my sympathies to Ryan Brooks and his family.

25. Anstrona

Anstrona Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    Thank you very much. I really appreciate your support and understanding. As soon as things start to smooth out around here I'll get back to work.