main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Crackers Don't Matter: The Farscape Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 4, 2006.

1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    [face_dancing] I knew it was coming up as part of their "month of minis" but didn't know it was tonight :D

Edit: Now I just have to figure out when CoD is on.

Edit 2: Oh, looky there. Dune is on tommorow (4.18.06) and CoD is on Thursday (4.20.06)

Thats a good one.

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I didn't know it was on either tonight until I heard "At ten Stargate SG-1 and at 11 Farscape the Peacekeeper Wars" on one of their ads. i was like "teh frell?"

KICK ASS!

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Five showed it here a while ago, although a bit edited...

4. weezer

May 16, 2001
    So even though we've been talking about it in Amp...

What do you think about the latest rumor to come out of ADV films...
    When asked about the future of the rumored animated series they said it was on the backburner now that the focus was on the theatrical film. It caught most people a bit off gaurd as it did when I read it.

What would you like to see it entail? Where would it go? Would you watch it?

5. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I'd give Jim Henson money to produce a live-action Farscape movie.

I'd like to see it carry on where PKW left off, basically with Chiana and Rygel's storyline as they move to Hyneria...or rather try to get there (knowing Scaper luck). Naturally you'd also have J/A in it as well. The only thing I hope that they change is they bring back Pilot's voice to the way it was in the show. I know they had Tupu doing Pilot in PKW but it sounded totally different than in the show and I hate that.

6. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Wonder if he just forgot how to do it. I've heard voice actors say thats happened to them from time to time. It had been so long since they did a certain voice they forgot how they did it (hopefully West doesn't have that problem with Futurama's return [face_worried] ). I didn't even realize it was still him actually, it did sound considerably different.

I wonder if they would consider doing it without John and Aeryn [face_thinking]
    Both are busy with Stargate so I don't even know how they were considering a movie as a possibility. Obviously TV actors have shot movies in their off time in the past I'd just think with just having a kid Black might be hesitant to do that.

Don't know, hopefully they'll be some movement on it that will lead to some more news.

7. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    It never crossed my mind that Tupu might've forgotten how to sound like Pilot. I remember watching a documentary on PKW that said everyone from the show had agreed to come back and while I havn't watched the PKW credits, between that and imdb listing him as Pilot, its gotta be Tupu.

I don't think they'd be able to pull off another Scaper movie/season/whatever without J/A as they are the centerpiece of Farscape. I'd love it no matter what as Rygel is my favorite character, I don't think I'm in the majority of that one and most would want J/A involved. My only fear though is little D. I mean in it seems like most TV shows when they introduce a child the show goes downhill from there and I'm hesitant to see what they'd do with a child and loss of D'argo.

And Claudia Black was pregnant in real life? Damn. Thought that was just for Stargate. But even with the birth of her child principle shooting would still be a ways away so that'd make the choice easier I'd think.

8. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yep, really preggers. She was worried they wouldn't want her back on SG-1 when they found out but they had already gone that route with the script so it worked out perfectly. She actually had it in Dec.

I've been thinking about how they could work in Little D (I'll just use that so I don't confuse you again E_V :p ) without it being the usual kiss of death that you mention. I'd hate to have it end up like Angel where you've got an angst ridden teen running around a brooding. I almost think it would most interesting if they went the opposite direction and did him as a very young child. You obviously wouldn't do it as a "cutesy" kid like The Cosby Show but I think if you could use it to portray the sense of wonderment and freedom they hint at during the end of PK wars it could be really different and really neat.

You're right though I don't think they can do it without John and Aeryn. They're the reason I love the show (and SG-1 :p ) so while I might try Farscpe without them I don't know if I could stick around.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Given the likely chronological proxmity to PKW a trip to Hyneria would take place in, it's more likely he'll still be a newborn, so they'll probably have some weird "protect the baby/baby sitter" element to play with. Either that or some weird alien will twin Little D over and over and Moya will be crawling with babies. ;)

10. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    They'd have to do something with John and Aeryen - it wouldn't be Farscape without them.

11. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Unlocked and upped.

12. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Its funny how you can forget how good the show is.

We started getting the syndicated run on at a decent time here and I was watching it the other day.

I noticed something kind of funny too. The episode was John Quixote and when "Crichton Headroom" offers up name's for John's sword, one of them was Cameron :p

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  14. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I still love watching Farscape.

15. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I am slowly making my way through all of Farscape (currently towards the end of season 2). I love it as most of these episodes are new for me.

16. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    Cool, this was unlocked.

First: I've never seen Farscape, but I've heard plenty of positive things.

Second: Where do I start? The local library has a boatload of DVDs I'd like to try, but the library code stickers obscure the volume labels, so I don't know what's what. Can anybody post a link or type up a quick list of what volumes fall where & when?

17. weezer

May 16, 2001
    TV Shows on DVD has a list but you'll probably have to click on the links to find exactly what episodes go where.

They did make it freaking complicated to get all caught up on DVD. The "starburst" sets are probably the best option if the library has those.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Drago- are you able to see the episode names still?

19. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    I think so. Next time I'm there I'll take a closer look and post them here, because they don't ID them by season. Hopefully you guys can tell me where to start, 'cause it'd be a heck of a lot cheaper to get them all free from the library rather than renting them piecemeal from the video stores.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Here's an episode list: http://www.tv.com/farscape/show/1029/episode_listings.html?season=0&tag=nav_bar;all

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Frell yeah!

Farscape webisode series announced

Fans will return to the Farscape universe in an original Web series, set to be released on SCIFI.com. The 10-part series is executive produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi, Jr., and produced by The Jim Henson Company in association with RHI Entertainment. "The series will revive and expand the beloved Farscape universe," according to the network.

No word yet on just which actors or characters will be involved in the project, or just when it will arrive. After being unceremoniously cancelled after four seasons, the critically-acclaimed Farscape (starring Stargate SG-1's Ben Browder and Claudia Black) returned in 2004 for the 4-hour miniseries Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars.

I wonder if this is testing the waters for a new Farscape project (miniseries, movie, show, etc)?

22. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    More likely testing the waters of webcasting a former tvseries of popularity.

It "should have" been Firefly...but oh well.

If it's successful, it could be the avenue the BSG and SG take in the future.

I'd say there is a 40% chance they get either Claudia or Ben back...25% at most to get both.

5% chance Chris Judge makes a cameo.

.5% Shanks does a voice...but that would seal it...I'd watch.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd imagine any Farscape project would still be filmed in Australia by Henson, since thats where the majority of the FS cast and crew reside, so that might rule out cameos by Shanks or Judge, especially given this is a webisode series- studio probably wouldn't want to have to pull for their flights over there if their not the stars. 'Course if it's just a voice, they could record it elsewhere, but I'm thinking that's unlikely.

24. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    I got sick one long weekend, and SPACE (Canadian SciFI channel)ran a Farscape marathon....And I absolutely had 2 get MORE! They ran the last four episodes! And I adored it. Soon I went about trying 2 organize a fan club within my Star wars fanforce to no-avail. They have absolutely no taste. Don't get me wrong, I like SW very much, and it has it's place like STrek does, but Farscape was..."is"..the epitome of Sci-fi! Great writing, acting, dialogue, etc.I went & bought Season Sets #2 & #4. I broke up the Sets @ the local Music store (HMV). I mean who would purchase Season 1 without 2 & 3 without 4? ANyhow, I intially missed this great series in '99-it's entire run because I had no tv. When Farscape was running, it's out-surpassed everything out there.

Remember FARSCAPE.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Aye, Farscape carried sci-fi TV after the end of Babylon 5, and even managed to surpass B5 in some critical circles (particularly impressive given B5 had been ranked as being among the top 3 seminal sci-fi shows next to the original Trek and Twilight Zone).

"Cross my heart, smack me dead. Stick a lobster on my head!"