Amph Crackers Don't Matter: The Farscape Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5
    Can't say I was the biggest B5 fan...but I did watch more of it then I ever did of Farscape.
  2. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Get yer hands on Farscape, vhs, Beta, whatever will do, it'll make U forget B5.
  3. Darth_Berserker Jedi Master

star 3
    they use to show this series alot here in australia seeing as most if not all of it was filmed here. i use to watch it when i could, but then channel 9 like stopped playing it! then the channel put it back on but like late in the night and they were mostly repeats. i saw the mini series peace keeper wars and enjoyed it. i have a question though? was the show popular outside of Australia or was it nothing special.
  4. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5
    It had a small, semi-rabid, loyal fanbase in the US. However, it certainly never found mass popularity...couldn't compete with the Star Trek's (not that that says much in recent years) and Stargate.
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    It was Sci-Fi's top rated show up until they acquired Stargate 6 years ago, essentially their flagship program.

It's following was strong enough to amount enough cash to place not only print ads, but TV ads (albeit late night) during their "Save Farscape" efforts, which got the attention of the company or individuals who ended up helping finance The Peacekeeper Wars mini-series to get it produced. Easily the most successful revival fan campaign since the original Star Trek, though probably more organized and with better demographic figures to support the program than other efforts.
  6. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5
    That's not saying much considering where Sci-fi was at the time...near shutdown.

Yet another reason I'm mad about SG-1...it saved that network, and now they are cocky and think they can dictate terms.

We shall see.
  7. Apollo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heh. With the loss of SG-1 it looks like SFC is considering bringing back Farscape to a possible season 5 in the future. They've gone ahead and ordered 10 Farscape webisodes source and this could just be the first step in a Farscape revival!

I'll take Farscape over SG-1 any day of the week.
  8. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I don't believe so- they were doing quite well with Sci-Fridays and their "This is Sci-Fi" ad campaign, with farscape, Invisible Man, etc. Plus they acquired B5 and began backing that franchise. Sadly, change of powers led to a "no more space shows" mentality shortly after FS was cancelled, and we got a lot of reality show crap, Tremors: the Series and other dren.

The continued success of SG-1 and the suddeny success of BSG is what thankfully turned them around a bit. Maybe we're finally coming full circle.
  9. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Farscape is BACK...in Web-epsiode form. Go 2 your Farscape forums 4 further details.
  10. Terje_Lisan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Really?

YES!!! I love Farscape and always try to catch it on TV, not caring if it is reruns. I miss the cocky, crazyness of the show. Glad to see it's still alive and kicking.
  11. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
  12. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Was rewatching a few early episodes the other day.

Miss this show :(
  13. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
  14. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oooooh! Thanks for the info MistrX. *Drools. Is going to bug local comic store.*
  15. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Over on Scaper forum Terra Firma Keith DeCandido has given the titles for the first four issues:

#1: "The Return of the King"
    #2: "Dungeons and Dominars"
    #3: "Yes, That's Our Baby"
    #4: "Hynerian Rhapsody"

Can't wait!
  16. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I just started the first season, and four episodes in, despite much silliness, I'm hooked.
  17. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Gets better. And sillier at some points. Enjoy it.
  18. The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Knight

star 3
    So much sillier, and all the better for it. And all the more dramatic, and all the better for it,

Whatever happened to the webisodes that were announced last year?
  19. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    From what I've heard, they're still in development.

The comic company is claiming that their series will tie into them, too.
  20. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Can't wwaaaaaiiittttt.
  21. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    Farscape is the best tv show to ever get made. People think scifi is silly when they don't realize that all we have today was scifi at one time. It was a show about relationships which is what we are all searching for in our daily lives. Like Ray Bradbury said, "scifi is just a backdrop." but what a great backdrop it is...
  22. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, to be fair- Farscape had no compunctions about being silly :D
  23. Scarran Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heh that's a understatement. The body swap espiode is a prime example of that.
  24. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
  25. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4