main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Crackers Don't Matter: The Farscape Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 4, 2006.

1. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Wow!!!

Scorpius is in the second issue,it was wreally nice too see him again.
    The starburst in the comic was lame,they should come up with something much better.
    No Harvey.I think its better this way,i seen enough of him.
    Deke disapeared and Rygel kidnaped in a peacekeeper ship.

2. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Is the comic going too close the story of the main characters finally?

3. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    When is the next one coming out?

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    #3 came out last week- but I haven't read my copy yet (as my shop sold out of #2 and they're still waiting for more copies/a 2nd printing- and they STILL have only gotten 2-4 copies of each issue in, so frustrating).

5. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    I realy hoped that i will get a new villain instaed of Scorpy, but how knows what the future holds?

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  7. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    No Rygel on it, blasphemy.[face_shame_on_you]

8. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    Anybody read the new ones?

9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I've fallen a bit behind. I just ordered the rest of the first arc today.

Anyway, Keith DeCandido offered a preview of D'Argo's Lament, Part 1, which came out last week, and revealed the titles for the four issues.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I still haven't been able to get #2 of the first arc from my LCS, but I'm gonna dive ahead and read 3 & 4, the one shot and the two Dargo issues released so far pretty soon.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Turns out my LCS was able to get me a copy of #2's 3rd printing, so I was able to read the story in order after all. [face_dancing]

The first story arc was pretty good- sets up some continuing bad guys & mysteries (their child has some kind of weird time-freeze ability that they intend to look into), and also has Scorpy being a bastard, as usual. Rygel has his day, of course.

Supposedly the first issue of the comic introduced a new character that plays s big role in the webisodes, so I'm going to have to guess it's the mysterious veiled-in-shadow, red-eyed sniper "baddie". And since the webisodes supposedly focus around Deke SC, I'm guessing there's some kind of link there.

Now they have two storylines being published right now- one is a 4-issue arc continuing from the first (they've arrived on the Commerce Planet en route to the Diagnosians world, but some kind of virus (apparently) has broken out, which turns friends and even lovers against each other after intense arguments, with violently fatal results. Naturally, the crew have brought it back to Moya, so you have Pilot and Moya arguing, Chiana and Jothee arguing over D'Argo and John and Aeryn arguing (naturally, their dispute originates over food supplies [face_laugh]).

There's a particularly creepy moment where Aeryn, infected and unable to get their son to stop crying, pulls her weapon on the baby, but is stopped by John before she pulls the trigger.

The other storyline is a flashback story set shortly after D'Argo got his ship, with D'Argo and Jool attempting to track down a lubricant needed to maintain Moya's skin/hull (apparently a lasting effect of a control collar), which has put them between two competing brothers who control the source of that substance and whose infighting has ct-off the supply. And someone from D'Argo's past is apparently to be involved in it- one of the few people who know about D'Argo's General tatoos not being legit (he's apparently been mistaken as this person, as everyone keep's calling him General, thinking he's here for something else besides what he says he is).

12. Sven_Starcrown

Mar 10, 2009
    I am taking a break on this one for a bit, than i am going to get it.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Finally caught up with the Farscape comics- the Dargo side series' were better than I expected, very funny. The main one keeps getting better. I like how they're revisitmg a lot of the character's homeworlds (Hyneria in the first arc, now the homeworld of the Pilots). I wouldn't be surprised to see the Nebari visited again eventually in this.

At this point though, I'm going to start trade-waiting (and decide if I'll splurge for the hardcovers or not). Not that they're bad comics- just that I like reading them all in one go and hate waiting for the issues on these stories, yet I'm able to wait for them t be collected, oddly.

14. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Sci-Fi Wire posted a link to this clever mash up pic:

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21045_1291635220271_1511994055_31073756_5112442_n.jpg]

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, that's hilarious, ha! Stewie is perfectly cast there!

16. Yo_Raja

Yo_Raja Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2006
    I'm not really a watcher of shows, but Rosslcopter told me Farscape is like Firefly on acid, so I decided to give it a try. I'm now halfway through the second season and the whole thing seems to be getting more messed up with every episode, which I enjoy greatly.

Now let's move on to discussing why D'argo is the best and why Chiana should die.

Kyle Katarn likes this.
  17. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What, Chiana shouldn't die, she's great. D'argo is the one always licking people to sleep.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Chiana is weirdly hot.

19. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    all the women are weirdly hot except that mechanic woman

20. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Love that show. Recently bought the blu rays and just finished rewatching it again. It was even better than I remembered it as being. And I have always identified with Rygel, my rewatch marathon only confirmed that.

And yes, lot of good looking women on that show. I've got a thing for red haired women, so Sikozu is at the top of my list with Chiana a very close second.

21. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Also, the 2nd season is where things only START to get strange, it gets crazier from there. "Won't Get Fooled Again" has to be my favorite 2nd season ep - yes, it's a total mind **** episode, you'll love it.

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved it and haven't seen it in years. Perhaps time for a rewatch.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Because it seems appropriate:

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Because I randomly caught this episode back in the day and it made me laugh:

Yo_Raja likes this.
  25. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    My side
    Your side
    MY SIDE
    YOUR SIDE

Darthkat76 likes this.