main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Crappy Valentines Day...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    And I can't count the number of times I have said that to my guy friends who only told me they liked me after they were no longer interested in being more than friends :p

I think that is just something that plagues both genders. Since someone else telling us places the risk on their shoulders not ours :p

You just need to be as bold in your relationships as Jarus probably is in dealing with those who wish to hire his ship. *isn't quiet sure that that anology works, but it is better than the short "tale of it" 8-}*

*post 100 for this thread :p*

2. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Nat's got a point, John. Sometimes, you just have to take a risk, a hard lesson learned.
    As for work, well all I can say is that we all still love you, despite the fact that you are abused.

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    :oops:

I just remembered, chicks only like guys who have skills... like numchuck skills... bo-staff skills... computer hacking skills... Looks like I'm out of luck! I don't have any good skills!!!

4. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    And this after telling us that you got yelled at for one of your skills :p

*shakes head* 8-}

5. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Yeah... but that's not a "cool" skill... unless you like graphic design I guess :p
    Come to think of it, I am technically a "Master Pilot"... but nobody cares about Galaxies, so that doesn't count... hmm...

6. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    [face_laugh]

You'll find her :p You just need to learn patience :p

7. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm a Star Wars Galaxies Smuggler... I am the epitome of patience... (Inside SWG joke... Tral, Nick and Daramin will get it :p The smugglers in the game have been waiting to be able to "smuggle" for over a year)

Besides, it's been like 2 years since I had a girlfriend... I think I might be ready to take another swing at it :D

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Then good luck with that swing ;)

9. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    What are you going to do?

Erich, was that meant for me? If so, what am I supposed to do about what?

Nat, you rock. Period.

John, very deep Post. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner. Even sorrier that I don't have the time to give you any worthwhile observations. Hopefully tomorrow. But at least you know that we're all here for you. It doesn't help your situation, but I hope it's at least a little comforting.

All of you are the best. I'm so glad our group managed to come together. I miss you all.

I can't believe this Valentine Thread is still going.....

10. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    ... and maybe this will keep it going longer...

Yes John Smugglers have to be very patient. However, as I just became force sensitive I have had to wait... wait... wait for the Old Man to show up... and then... wait some more for the Sith to attack... and then wait some more since I couldn't loot the bodies.... not to mention still waiting for my RAM to arrive in the mail.

I've been working 11 hour days at work this week, so I'm oh so tired.

Which brings me to the "Valentine's Day" portion of my post. I'm what mihgt you call training some people at work, so today there was a small part that someone else taught and I was on the side jsut relaxing. So what happens is this girl comes to listen in on the class, and of course she asks me questions rather than interupt the class. And because I rock at my job I can answer them and we have a business converstaion going quiet well. And all the while inside my head I'm looking at her and thinking I know her from someone and how cute she is... so this goes on and after about 10 minutes of the butterflies in my stomach doing the twist I realize she looks alot like a friend I use to have (a crush on). SO that makes matters worse because now all I want to do is move the conversation from work talk to "You look familiar... ". But again I hold it down because it is work, and I can't flirt, can't do anything to even begin asking someone out since I'm trying to get a promotion and the would bring in the whole complicated dating your boss type of thing not to mention possible harrasment issues. So after that, me not moving away from work talk, my day kinda went down the tubes. I was depressed, kept daydreaming of "what if" scenarios and why do I always fall for the ones that don't have an interest in me.

So I'm an old softy romantic. And I keep telling myself it wouldn't have worked since there was a ring on her left hand ring finger.......

Onto my next want what you can't have meeting.

11. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    ugh! I feel for you Nick, sounds painful! But maybe she started asking you questions because she wanted to talk to you, not because she really cared what was going on... hmm...

Also, as a side note, you're only going Force Sensitive right? Not Jedi? Just curious.

12. Oo_la_la

Oo_la_la Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2004
    holy craaaaaaaap! i can't believe this thread is up to 111 posts!

13. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, so I just thought... I've never been able to just casually ask someone out on a date... maybe that's my problem, I seem to make it (in my mind) into some big deal... I think I tend to over-complicate things for myself, when in reality, if I simply asked someone on a date, they'd probably agree to at least one. However, I AM really serious when it comes to relationships...

*sigh*

I'm an idiot...

14. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Alfredo,
    I was speaking rhetorically.
    *shrugs*
    Just one of my mindless babblings about love :)

15. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Join the club, Jarus. I have serious issues of drawing the line between friend and more than a friend.
    Plus, I hesitate to ask girls out simply because I'm afraid of getting hurt.
    Hello, my name's Erich and I'm an idiot... :D

16. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ditto to everything Erich just said! w00t! I suck...

17. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Oh, well.
    In a month is your birthday, dude. And Matt should be up about that same time and we should have X-box madness with him and all our Star Wars buddies, and pizza and popcorn and Mountain Dew (that's for Kelli) and mucho amounts of fun :D
    What do you say?

18. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    ERICH!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!! AND A GENIUS!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! AND MATT!!!

19. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    [face_blush]
    If we start planning now, we can make it really cool.
    Of course, anything with this group will be fun :D

20. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Okay John, here's my observation:

You're a good looking guy. That should make it really easy for you to date. Unfortunately, you are a nice guy. And sensitive. I say "unfortunately" because you are going to suffer because you're a nice, sensitive guy. There's just no way of avoiding it, and trust me I wish there were.

Whatever you do, don't stop being the nice sensitive guy that you are. It's in your nature to be nice. Why change a good thing? And desensitizing yourself would do you no good. You'd feel less pain, but less joy as well. That's just the way feelings are. All or nothing. Yay.

No matter what, be yourself. Both good and bad. Take me for example: Some people think that I'm a pig and an ass. Good for them. Others think that I'm a sweetheart. Actually, I'm both. I'm me and I make no excuses for any of it. People like me, or they don't. But it's always the REAL me that they like or hate, and people (particularly women) are never suprised by any hidden sides to me. Except for maybe the ones that I meet at the bars. I look a lot cooler (suave, if you will) than I really am. The sensitivity and manners that I actually have tends to throw a lot of them. Oh well.

Just don't ever fall into the "No more Mr. Nice Guy" mentality. Seriously. You'll have more luck with women if you come off as indifferent and even rude, but the ones who are attracted to that sort of thing are so screwed up in the head it's just not worth it.

I could go on, but there's really too much, and I just don't want to type for hours on end. It's been a busy day. I might write more tomorrow. I still need to go back and read your original Post that got me into this train of thought. Got any fresher questions?

I hope some of what I did write helped.

21. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Well, I slept soundly last night for the first time all week I think. Due mostly in part to the conversation we had last night Erich, thanks. And Alfredo, thank you so much for your kind words as well. I think I might be starting to get ahold of this feeling inside me...

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    That's great to hear [:D]

23. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Hey man, I'm here for you. It helped me as well.
    And Alfredo, very wise words. I just wish they were easier to apply :D

24. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Argh!!! I'm so lonely, everday I get home from work to an empty house! And I'm usually alone here from 5pm to 9pm... that's 4 solid hours of pure lonliness and boredom... and none of my friends answer their phones :_| so I can't hang out with them, Galaxies is getting boring, there's nothing good on TV, I'm going to go crazy!!! I think at this point I'll just settle for someone, anyone to spend time with, just to end this incessant boredom!!! Help!!!

25. jedilos

jedilos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2000
    hey you got an xbox? we could play online

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.