main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Crappy Valentines Day...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    150 posts for this thread!!!
    All I can say, man, is just to follow the advice of the first song and not even think about the second.
    You die a thousand deaths worrying about something that may never happen.
    Besides, the greatest thing is to love someone and even if this girl who has caught your eye isn't "the one" God is going to teach you something about love.
    The first lesson is "love is patient" (can't claim originality on that one :) )
    Hopefully this is semi helpful, but I have to get to class.

2. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    The first lesson is "love is patient"

Sorry Erich, but that is completely wrong. Unless you go and put "unrequetted" in front of "love". The ACCURATE lesson is "you snooze, you lose" I wish that weren't true, but it is. Why do you think so many nice girls and guys always wind up with some one who isn't nice? While having some one who's decent off in the wings kicking themselves for having missed their opportunity.

John, your little problem with casually asking some one out on the spur of the moment is a common one. So common, I've been there! Too many times! I finally got tired of seeing too many opportunities slip by because I didn't have the guts to act on my first impulse/desire. I still had that problem rear it's ugly head only a few months ago.

Wouldn't you rather deal with the slight pain and possible embarrassment of making a try for some one and having them not be interested? Isn't that better than seeing some one special who you really like go and get snatched up by some one who, though more bold, is not the right person for them? I've been in that position and seen some really nice girls put all their heart and soul into making a bad relationship work with some A-hole who had more guts than I did. There is no shortage of A-holes in the world. And it doesn't take a genious (which most of them happen to NOT be) to figure out when they've got a great catch.

I think I'll cut my rant short. Would you believe that I'm actually in a good mood? After all, I'm home, I've got a nice girlfriend who's crazy about me, and if all goes well I'll be hanging with a cool Star Wars group some time this weekend! Oh yeah, and I might have a job. Life might be good. :)

3. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Perhapes I should clarify my "love is patient"
    Love waits, but not by sitting and twiddling its thumbs. Love waits by showing a person caring and compassion without expecting anything in return.
    What happens after that... well sometimes the nice guy doesn't get what he wants instantly. Sometimes, more waiting is required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.