main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Crash Course 2: Perfect -- OC/drama/mystery -- **Completed 10/31**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lilith Demodae, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Aaagggggggggghhhhhh what a horrible place to end! I'm biting my nails here!! Evil evil evil EVIL cliff!

2. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    The clifffy is killing me! :p

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LILITH! I'm on the verge of not forgiving you for that cliffhanger! That entire post was full of things that we all have been waiting for for a very long time and yet it was gut-wrenching because of who was in control of the situation. I was literally curled into a ball in my armchair, wanting to vomit.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Let out a squeal of happiness when I saw you PM. :D :D

Whoa!!!! OMG you did that on purpose didn't you!!! What a cliff you leae us dangling on!!!

That was so very worth the wait and no doubt doubt the next one will be as well.

5. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    You are SO evil! That is such a nasty cliffhanger! But I am glad you posted and didn't hold out on us, but now I'm hanging out for more! Hope you get around to writing some more soon.
    ~Rhi

6. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Nooooo, what's going to happen to her now???? And Hue, will she manage to get away???

Glad you posted for us Lilith, but I'm only just managing to hang on with the fingertips to the cliff!

7. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    Lilith says I am not allowed to taunt people by saying things like "Muahaha." So I won't. :D

This is a good cliff-hanger, though, and the action and tension are ramping up like mad. Lilith, you are really gifted, and you should write more!

8. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Wow . . .

Poor Crash doesn't even begin to cover what just happened. What a chapter, and what a cliffhanger!

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lil, dear, didn't you say you'd be posting on this no later than monday? I'd love to have everyone else adore that post!

10. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I was waiting for you to get back, you said you'd be gone till Tues. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

11. LostBook

LostBook Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    oh my god oh my god oh my god! The whole time I was hoping Hue was going to show up with the cops in tow, but now I'm worried that the thugs are going to get her too! I want to know why Tolwynn is so obsessed with Crash, it is very scary :eek:

So am I right in understanding that a new post is coming today or tommorow? Yay I hope so! :D

Truly excellent gripping post Lilith!

(I think I might go re-read Crash Course 1 now hmmm...)

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm back. GO GO GO!!!! :)

13. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Okay, okay, here it is.

I choked out a sob against the pain that came with every breath, one hand supporting me, the other clutched tight to the injury. It felt like something was broken. Squinting past Tolwyn's legs, I watched Thackary's men reach the door. Sweet and merciful Force, let her be half way to the lifts while they're stuck in the doorway. But the men were too well trained to jam into the narrow opening like cheap comedians. Halath reached the door first while Nyet and Bresi slowed marginally, just enough that they arrived in order instead of all at once.

I wanted to howl out my fear with Seo, but I didn't have the breath. Had I just condemned Hué and her family? Would Tolwyn try to fix me again, or would he settle for just keeping me prisoner here, with him, unable to escape? I shuddered and trembled with it, but stifled any further noise. I didn't want to draw Tolwyn and Thackary's attention back from the doorway. I didn't want Thackary to kick me again.

The door slammed open and I strained to see past the men, to see if Hué was still there, or -

I blinked. There was a jam-up in the doorway after all. Halath had stopped dead and Nyet skidded into him. Thackary snarled out a question. Bresi started to turn, to answer, when a fist flew through the doorway and caught him on the chin, and then grey and scarlet forms were tumbling into the foyer.

Death and his Horsemen had arrived.

"No! How dare you!" Tolwyn's shout of rage rang out above the din. He was ignored utterly by the combatants. I watched, leathers versus suits, and tried to feel something. It took a few moments to realize that there were only five swoopers in the room because so far the fight was going all their way. I was still scared, still in pain, still worried for Seo, but other than that... nothing. My guards had become my captors, my attempted kidnappers had become my rescuers, the facts supported it, but my emotions and the triggers Tolwyn had planted in my brain were arguing the other way, and how to tell which was which? I could only watch and hope.

Franks raced in from somewhere in the back of the apartment, his weapon drawn, but with the rolling fight there was too much chance of friendly fire, and he hesitated. A grey streak leapt from the melee and pounced on him. His blaster discharged as his hands flailed wildly and I watched him go down with a cry of pain, blood streaming from four parallel slashes on his face. A flash of memory of twitching whiskers and a flicking tail came and went with maddening swiftness, leaving nothing to hold onto.

The stray blaster shot had missed everyone in the room by a wide margin, but I checked on Seo anyway, and spotted the melted hole in the window. As soon as I saw it I became aware of the whistling of wind through the hole and the pressure in my ears as the air escaped into the thinner atmosphere outside. After all, we were more than seventy storeys up.

Thackary waded in to help his men, a savage sort of glee sparking in his eyes. Death turned from helping another of the Horsemen and lunged at this new threat.

"Leave here at once! This is my house!" Tolwyn's cries were as effective as Seo's whimpery sobs at stopping the thrashing tumble of violence. I wished that he would just shut up already. His voice was growing more shrill with every word.

Thackary tried to set himself and punch. Death took a glancing right to the jaw ? I winced for him, instinct or memory? ? but kept on coming, taking the thicker man in the gut with his shoulder. The flash of grey had abandoned the unconscious form of Franks and rejoined the general fight. Now out numbered, Thackary's remaining men fell quickly. Thackary himself was hauled out from under Death by three sets of hostile hands and I felt a warming flush of relief to see the man helpless. Death's fourth companion turned away from the dying fight and locked eyes on me.

It was the face from the holos Ellison had showed me

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, I've got a headlong dash headed your way to hug you to death for making this so intense and worrisome and relieving and beautiful and scary!

15. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Oh, you don't think it's over that easy, do you? [face_devil]

But I truly appreciate the sentiment. :D

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Of course not, but she knows who she is, who he is!

17. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    *unlurks*

YAY! HOORAY! WOOHOO!!!

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Death and his Horsemen had arrived.

I had a true geek out m oment here. Chanting OMG! OMG! OMG! with my arms flailing about in excitement. I couldn't read on until I calmed myself. :D :D

Wow, just wow!!! I had to read it over just to enjoy it even more.

Lil, I'm afraid of what might yet happen. [face_worried] [face_worried]

19. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

I lunged to my feet despite the snarl of agony from my ribs, my body moving before my mind finished processing the input. The name lanced through my brain with painful force, nearly dropping me back to my knees. Crash, I was Crash! Knowledge, sure and true, not dim logic or speculation, raced through me. Chenowyth was a name on official records, but it wasn't who I was. I was a Horseman, a swooper. The man before me ? my husband!? opened his arms to receive my headlong dash.

Oh dear, why do I have the feeling she's going to get intercepted....or that someone is going to die....

20. LostBook

LostBook Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    Yes! Awesome! I had to stop myself from cheering aloud and scaring the rest of the building when the Horsemen showed up :D
    That was absolutely great action, and very satisfying for Tolwyn and Thackary & the rest of the goonsquade to finally get the snot beat out of them.
    *loved* the reunion of Crash and War [face_love]
    three cheers for such a fast update and wonderful post =D=

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I almost forgot to breathe when the fight started, then when Death and War came bashing though the door, I wanted to cheer!

She finally figured it out. HURRAY

22. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    I'm going to have to report this thread to the moderators for a severe lack of updatage.

23. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    You were the one who pointed out all the problems in my next post. I'm still trying to resolve them...

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    :*( Please resolve them fast!

25. LostBook

LostBook Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    I spent a good time last week re-reading "Crash Course" and then re-reading "Crash Course 2" :) Now I'm all caught up completely in Crash's world again to where it feels more real than the movies! [face_love] And I've got all the clues and theories fresh in my head so I'm definitly ready for a new post whenever it's ready [face_dancing]. Oh and let me just say once again (as if you could possibly have any doubt!) how wonderful Crash and your fics are! I already had

"Talking often helps, if only to get you to say it out loud and really think about it. Talking is almost as good as a warm spice cake."
    - Hué, 'Crash Course 2: Perfect'

as one of my favourite quotes on livejournal, and now I've found

"Humility is for those who don't know how truly great they are,"
    - Crash, 'Crash Course'

to be really inspiring as well!

Also, there was a reference in the 'Crash Course' thread to a third part to this series, is that still in the works/going to be coming after you're done with this? *hopes* [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.