1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA Crazy fan-film stunts

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by tenacious_dee, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenacious_dee Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know that there are quite a few fan films in pre-production in perth at the moment, including my own. One of the best things about fan films is taking risks and seeing just how much you can pull off on a limited budget. My film has some pretty amitious (some would say crazy) stunts and effects shots. I was just wondering what kind of things other people are trying.
  2. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    care to explain ya stunts....
  3. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    This one time a band camp right...

... Sorry wrong thread. My bad!

:D
  4. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol SK lol

hmm...stunts...fanfilm........hmm....sorry doesnt ring a bell...
  5. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    ooooh that was bellow the belt SK...... literaly :D

6. tenacious_dee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Seriously, you other guys have to be planning some stunts for your fan-films.

Fortunately we've been able to secure a professional fight choreographer and stunt men so we've been able to go a bit nuts with what we're attempting.

I don't want to give anything away now but does anyone know where I could get some rock climbing gear, harnesses and rigging, for ummmm, a certain sequence....
  7. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh come on! You can't expect to come on here, say your going to do these really cool sequences and then not say nothing.... atleast tell us somethin... pleeease! If you dont tell us, I'm not telling you were you can get some gear from :D

Speaking of stunts well I dont want to go off the plot again to much :D but has anyone seen that new movie (or even the tv series) JACKASS: The Movie. No real storyline, but its about a bunch of guys who dare each other to do some funny yet really stoopid stunts!
  8. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    well we got a pro fight choreographer to :D

well i use to do pro rock climbing so if u want u may be able to sue ym equipment

and sk. i got jackass on vcd :D havn't watched it yet but i dload there clips from kazaa ALL the time and the show is on foxtel every friday night :D
  9. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Fortunately we've been able to secure a professional fight choreographer and stunt men so we've been able to go a bit nuts with what we're attempting.

I don't want to give anything away now but does anyone know where I could get some rock climbing gear, harnesses and rigging, for ummmm, a certain sequence.... "

Um, wouldn't your "professionals" know?
  10. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    oooh a THOUSAND points for misfitroy
  11. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, well... Our beloved Mis-Fit-Toy certainly looks like she might be almost up to our standards around here... that didnt take long... hehehee [face_mischief]

Most people go screamin from dis place after da first week. :D

EDIT: Hey SOE whats the show/movie like, any good?
  12. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    why do they run screaming? is there poetry recitals? :p
  13. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Vogon poetry. It's not a pretty sight.

:D
  14. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ode to a lump of green putty i found in my armpit one morning!
  15. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    hey sk:
    the show that was on tonight WAS PHCKEN HALARIOUS!!!! Jonny Knoxville had two fake casts on both his arms so he coudn't move them and he walked around the city and his pants would fall down as planned.. and he would have to ask people to pull the pants up for him and zip him up and all!!! it was classic!!!
  16. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds a bit like one of the sub programs they run on MTv. I caught one the other week where they had one of those dog collars that they use with the "fenceless boundry". For anyone who's not sure.. the collar has a transceiver and 2 electrodes that rub against the dogs neck. As the dog nears a wire buried in place of the fence, the collar starts to beep. If the the dog goes over the wire, they get a shock in the neck. They're so effective (my dad used one in the US with the dog he had over there) that the only way to get the dog to cross where a wire is laid out is to pick the dog up and carry it over.. once it's turned off of course.
    Anyway.. they told this guy it was for something else and got him to wear the collar... which they then turned on. They'd done something to it beforehand cos he kept getting zapped in the neck.
  17. tenacious_dee Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Um, wouldn't your "professionals" know?"

Yes they would MisFit if only they were professional rock climbers instead of fight professionals
  18. MisFitToy Jedi Knight

star 3
    perhaps but if you're looking for people to hang off rocks and operate your expensive camera equipment i'd go with someone who at least knew how to use the yellow pages :p
  19. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    oh misfitroy!!! where have u been hiding? we have needed someone as good as you on these boards for ages :D

man Sainthearts fanfilm is gonna RULE over all the other WA films :D
  20. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    ah hem

*cough*

*choke*

*cough*

i think that each film is a different type, ie. drama, thriller, action etc..

so for those reasons they can't be DIRECTLY compared

(imoo)
  21. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    hehe don worri monkey! your film is gonna be second best!!!
  22. tenacious_dee Jedi Knight

star 1
    actually MisFit if you must know, the ropes and harnesses are not for a rock climbing sequence but for a chase through the upper levels of coruscant which will involve characters dropping down a few dozen floors.

By the way we have employed people who have experience using the yellow pages (or so they say) I was just wondering if there was anyone who had previously provided this sort of equipment and would be likely to do so again.
  23. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    You employed people with experience using the Yellow Pages..... will wonders never cease......... Doesn't that pretty much cover anyone over the age of about 13?

DS
  24. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Well my little cousin can use the yellow pages and his 7 3/4, atleast thats what he tells me.

EDIT: There's heaps of places where you can get gear from. And if anyone is actually keen on film making then after doing your research you would know there is a film & tv book for local Perth people and it has a listing of every place you need stuff for when making films. Whats the mag called, well do you research. ;)
  25. tenacious_dee Jedi Knight

star 1
    StoneyMcStoner obviously has trouble recognising sarcasm. Yes, our stunt guys do know some places to get climbing gear but I was wondering if any of you guys would recommend a place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.