main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Crazy (H/L...yes, I said HAN/LEIA, not L/M!!) written for PonyTricks, may she forgive me

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kayladie97, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Title: Crazy

Author: kayladie

Timeframe: Just after Courtship of Princess Leia

Genre: MUSH!

Summary: Han has some weird, stray thoughts about life and love on his wedding night.

Notes: This is for MarySue...the viggie that I promised her so long ago, if she'd kill Han off in one of her stories after I was brave enough to kill Luke off in one of mine. Yeah, so it took me a while, and I'm still not really happy with it, but here it is in all it's...uh...glory?

To all you Han/Leia fans out there, let me offer my most sincere, humble apologies in advance for this mess...

:p

Disclaimer: George wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole, but it's still his anyway. And no money was made, unless you count the fact that I had to pay TF.N to be able to post it. [face_laugh]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crazy

One of us is crazy. I?m just not sure if it?s me or her.

Han lay flat on his back in a bed that could have fit about half a dozen beings. At the moment, it only held him and one other person, and she was curled tightly against his side, her soft breath blowing gently against his neck as she slept. Leia. His Leia. His new bride.

My bride?

Now there was a couple of words Han had never thought to hear himself say. But then his life had not gone at all the way he?d expected from the moment he?d met up with the Princess of Alderaan. A tiny grin twisted his lips as he looked down at the top of her head, in his mind recalling the image of the determined look on her face as she?d taken charge of the situation in the Death Star detention center. She hadn?t changed much over the last few years, that fierce determination just as much a part of her to this day.

No, after Bria Tharen had pretty much destroyed his outlook on women and romance, Han had never thought a woman would be able to claim his heart again. Yet, somehow, this tiny spitfire had torn through his defenses like they were made of flimsiplast. Not that he?d let her know that for the longest time. He recalled some of their epic arguments with a rueful shake of his head. Sometimes he wondered how poor Luke and Chewie had managed to keep their sanity while putting up with the two most stubborn people in the galaxy.

For some reason, he was restless, sleep eluding him, and Han found his eyes wandering around the opulent hotel room. The beginning of their honeymoon, their stay at this fancy place had been a gift from some senator that Han didn?t even know. Truthfully, all this elegance and sophistication made him a little uncomfortable. He?d been planning for him and Leia to spend their wedding night on the Falcon, actually. It only made sense to him, since they were planning on leaving in the morning for a pleasure cruise around the galaxy.

But Leia had been delighted when the cardkey for this room had been presented to them and Han had known a moment of embarrassment and odd relief that he hadn?t mentioned the plans to stay on his ship. A whisper of doubt wound its way through his mind. Was this kind of luxury the thing that Leia would expect from now on? Han wasn?t so sure he could give that to her.

With a sigh, Han eased his arm carefully out from under Leia?s head, trying to do so without waking her. He obviously wasn?t going to be able to sleep for a while, and he hated lying around in a bed trying to fall asleep. She didn?t even flutter an eyelash, and he couldn?t help the proud little smirk that crossed his face, since he knew exactly why she was so exhausted. Standing by the bed, staring down at her beautiful face, Han reached down to softly trail one finger down the line of her cheek.

His bride...his princess.

He wandered into the refresher, frowning a little at the opulence of even this room. Sith, who needs a jeweled toilet handle? he wondered cynically. But again, he supposed that was the kind of thing that Leia was used to. He?d bet that her room as a child on Alde

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    [:D] It was worth the wait, kayladie97! =D=

I loved every mushy [face_love] word of it, and you did a wonderful job, even though you don't think so! :D :D

SOOOO... Thank you! [face_dancing]

Mary Sue :)

3. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Nice piece of fluff and mush!!!!!!!

4. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    WOW.. so much mush!! great job!!

DM

5. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Aww...I love mush. [face_love] Very well done. A change from the usual L/M - I love it!=D=

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderfully mushy mush! [face_laugh] I loved it! [face_love] =D=

7. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    That's so sweet. =D=
    Great H/L!

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great job, Kathy! You just made Mary Sue's day!! [face_love] =P~

9. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    [face_love] Aww! That was beautiful mush. We need more H/L mush. This was great!

10. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    What is the apology for? That was a wonderful fanfic! I loved it! And I am a H/L fan! Mush is always welcome!

11. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Told you!!

:p

12. Rynne

Rynne Jedi Master star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Very cute and mushy. :D I couldn't help but snicker at "The Princess and the Pirate" (and I'm still snickering). I also thought that Han's initial reluctance to wear the ring because Han Solo doesn't wear jewelry as being really Han. Good job!

13. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    MarySue: Aw, you're being too nice, I think. [face_blush] But you're welcome!

starwarsfan68: Thank you for reading! :)

DarthMasan: Thanks, it was a bit much, wasn't it? :p

MirandaFair: I kept wanting to get Luke in there somehow, but I figured it'd be pretty weird for him to be along on their honeymoon! [face_laugh] Thanks!

VaderLVR: Thanks! Glad you liked it! :D

Liesl: I'm flattered that you think so! Thank you! :)

Michele: :p Well, I figured she'd waited long enough! Us slow writers understand how it is, though. ;) Thanks for reading!

LVB I'm glad you liked it, but I think this'll probably be the only H/L mush I ever write. Han doesn't seem to like me, cause he wouldn't cooperate for the longest time. :p

TheSheryl: The apology is because I know there's folks out there who really write H/L well, and I was worried about offending them! [face_laugh] That, and I'm an insecure author... Glad you liked it!

RedGold: [face_blush] That you did!

Rynne: Thanks! You just know Han and Leia play that game, just like I'll bet Luke and Mara play "Assassin and Jedi". [face_laugh] Oh, I really think WAY too much about this stuff... Glad you enjoyed it!

14. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    I LOVE IT!!!
    Han in an eye patch!

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    L-O-V-E-D it!!!! I'm no H/L expert, but I thought it was great! Gotta love newlywed mush. [face_love] :D

16. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    Oh huzzah to the newlywed mush...
    LOVED the princess and pirate wink. WHo knew Leia had a thing for eye patches?
    -SE

17. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    [face_shame_on_you] [face_not_talking] :(

I think the faces say it all, my friend. I wish there was a [face_tapping_foot]

18. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Nice viggie! Poor Han, he's become a thinking man!!!!

Oh, and I love the "Princess and the Pirate" stuff!

19. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    What a nice mushy mess. Really - it wasn't a mess at all. It made me want to go in the next room and give my husband a good long kiss on the lips. Hmmm... Princess and the Pirate... That could be fun!

20. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    For some reason, Han sitting on the toilet thinking made me think of the statue of The Thinking Man. I don't know why you think you can't write Han and Leia. This was fabulous mush, and the characterizations were pretty darn good. The princess and the pirate thing at the end reminded me of Cindy Olsen's story entitled "The Princess and the Pirate". Great writing. :)

21. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    [:D] Great stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.