Crazy Mike's Collecting News. Summer 2004

Discussion in 'Toronto, ON' started by CrazyMike, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Good news, There have been unconfirmed reports of a new wave of figures appearing Tuesday evening at Walmart: Orn Free Taa (Blue Senator), Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master), Endor Rebel Trooper, Massif w/ Geonosian.

I will try and confirm this....

2. Duker_Duck Jedi Master

star 4
    Went to wall mart yesterday.

Was very disappointed, almost nothing. And I mean as in display space.

Although it could be attributed to the fact this one will be moving within a year.
  3. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nothing new at the Snail.....grrrrr.

Went by to TRU at Vic Terrace...no new wave either. grrrrrrr.
  4. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Nothing out here either DB. Not expecting any
    good news from the TRU stores out here until
    next week...
  5. Kenobi2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nothing at Markville either!
  6. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    phew...thank goodness Ken did the leg work for me...i was going to head over to markville after dinner.
  7. Darth_Shaun Jedi Master

star 2
    Nothing out here in the East subs yet. I have checked zellers, walmart and toysrus but nothing new. The old stuff is pretty slim pickins as well.

My freinds mom works at Walmart is going to keep me posted.

Hope to know something by early next week.
  8. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    nothing new in my store..partly b/c I don't own a store.
  9. DARTH2-D2 Jedi Master

star 4
    if you did would it be called the indifferent-a-tariom/ or indifferent-not/and/or-me
  10. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    No No, the sign should be "The Indifferent Store. Sometimes we are open, sometimes we are closed"

Right next to "Apathy... oh who cares?" and "Heisenberg's"
  11. DARTH2-D2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I dont.....
  12. custom_droid Jedi Knight

star 1
    nothign at any of the downtown TRUs (dufferin & etobicoke) or zellers or wal-marts.....

i'm heading up to thunder bay on friday(jealous?), i'll check there..( the obscure places sometimes land stuff first..who knows)

who was it who started the evil rumour about june 7th??????

I've got an extra massif I got online from the fan club, but i'm outta town during the swap meet. I also got the tie bomber and snowspeeder from a buddy in new york....you really have to get these..they are awesome..

13. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Hello folks, no luck either. I am going to wait 2 weeks. If nothing happens by then im
    going south baby...
  14. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Dad! (aka CrazyMike) kekekeke

Any ideas when the new Ki Adi Mundi, Darth Maul (Sith Training) and Anakin (Tatooine Attack) figs gunna be out?
  15. Darth_Shaun Jedi Master

star 2
    Headin to Thunder Bay!!!
    My family is from there. Made many a trip up North to visit.
    Are you from there????
  16. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Man - your hosers get so ripped up there. Scored the Endor soldier tonight, and have Orn and Qui Gon waiting for my checkbook. (Boy - I hope WalMart doesn't get in a supply of Magic Marvin's drawing pads).

Be patient Canadian padawans. Your time will come.
  17. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
  18. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Hey there double J, You guys are so lucky down there. By the time we get stuff up here it is old news.

Hey DB, I think that the figures you mentioned will be out in the US until July or
    September. The reason I did not say August
    is due to the fact that the Clone Trooper, Republic Gunship Pilot, Destroyer Droid - Arena Battle, Jango Fett - Slave I Pilot, Lott Dodd, Neimoidian Senator, Watto - Mos Espa Junk Dealer and Tusken Raider with Massiff have a US release date of August 19, 2002--

In either scenario, we are not going to see
    them in Wal Marts, Toys R Us, and Zellers
    for quite some time. Add 6-8 weeks to the US
    release dates to get ours. To be honest with you, I am about ready to give up on waiting for these figures to show up here ( as if I did with EP1 figures) and buy them a the snail, online, or with a little help from my US friends...

19. TopGun2001 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I haven't been down to the Snail for awhile now... how much are they selling Ep2 figs for? ( I still haven't picked up TaunWe, Sen.Palp, Dooku, etc.!!)

Hey Mike, where do you think I might be able to buy the Ep1 Plo Koon w/ the yellow sabre? I didn't even know it existed 'til Psiberian told me a few weeks ago. (Though I still hope they make an Ultimate PK someday :D )

And what's up with this creepy Mace Windu bust? Is that supposed to be a battle-cry? It looks more like he's screaming in shock/horror/agony due to his suddenly-missing arms & lower-half.
    http://www.darkhorse.com/profile_popup.html?item=11934&the_db=c
  20. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Hey Mike, are you talking about PK from EP1
    or EPII...
  21. TopGun2001 Jedi Knight

star 2

Talking about the Ep1 line of toys... Psi showed me a pic of a PK figure holding a yellow sabre. Did it ever come-out? Was it a mail-away, or just a hard-to-find figure from a later wave?
  22. Psiberian Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nope, it's not a mail-away, since I bought it in TRU - It's just the Ep1 version of PK. He's in full Jedi robes and has a yellow lightsaber. I think it looks a lot better then the Ep2 figure. There was also a Sease Tinn figure released at the same time.

As for the expression on that bust...Well, all I can say is have you seen the horrible expression on the face of the new MW figure? At least on the bust he has his eyes open! :p
  23. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man...I just want the Sage Bespin Luke so I can just sit back and wait for the Ki Adi Wave in the future. Guess I'll opt for the Snail option but they don't have it in this week....grrrrrr. Well, if anyone sees it at the Snail, please pm or post it here so I can run down and get one.
  24. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Like I said before my son, give me the word and it is done...
    for $17 that is. 2 weeks will it take. From
    LA I can get it...
  25. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    it's ok....for 2 weeks and waiting i could just do eBay.....thanks for your concern, dad, but I'll opt for the Snail.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.