main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Crazy Mike's Collecting News. Summer 2004

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by CrazyMike, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Dad,

You just GOTTA show up. I take such joy watching you spend! *as it builds my inheritance collection further*.....

oops wait...you didn't hear or see that.

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I will try and be there son but the only thing is that most of the items that I was looking for 12" Leia, Luke, and Trooper on speeder bikes, Genosian fighter, hailfire droid, Genosian war room 2packs, Jedi council 2 packs. Death Star garbage compactor sets 1 +2, I have bought in the last several weeks. On top of that I picked up 2 life sized figures and finished my Jango Fett helmet so I am sort of knocking on heaven's door if you know what I mean :)

3. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    So dad, you're not buying me that minty fresh Clone Wars Asajj Ventress figure?

*sniff sniff*

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Asajj Ventress? Think I can pick that up at the toy fair? Hmm.. that figuire looks great. Interested in seeing it in real life, aposed to in SW insider.

5. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I might be coming. I do not believe that figure is going to be out for a few weeks yet in the US...

6. Bertramtalespinner

Bertramtalespinner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2000
    My bad!

Okay, instead I bring you an odd find.

Your Dollar Store with More. They have an abundance of 3 3/4 figures from the Clone Pilot wave at 5.00. Anakin Tatooine, Amidala pilot disguise, Jango Pilot, even the Clone Speeder at 8.00.

Don't know how big a chain this is, I found it at the old SuperCentre plaza in Burlington at Guelph Line and Upper Middle.

And I bought a Clone pilot to cut his head off and put on a Lego minifig, so if someone can use a headless pilot and cannon...

7. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually Chris soliciting is against the forum rules. This includes advertising, selling, buying or trading, however I have just given you access to the FanForce Collectors Market which can be found
    here

8. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    The Asajj Ventress should be ok anytime in the States. However, you're right about not going to be available for the Toy show.

Woohoo, toy show next week. I'm giddy.

9. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I just picked up 30 clonetroopers plus a pile of other items so my chances of going
    to the toy show are fading very fast...

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    For any of you reading this thread and are lurking this is a show you really should try to go to. There will be alot of toys :)

11. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Won't be the same without you though, Dad. Just come for the company....watch you Son and Daughter spend instead. Or better yet, buy stuff for ME so Mom won't know. Heh.

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah I am still going to try and come with a 100 bucks or so !!!

13. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    HUZZAH! The Crazy Side reigns supreme!

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Well I just went on another binge so I do not think that it would be a good idea to go
    as it may be bad for my health ;)

On a happier note information is starting to surface about what new toys are coming out in 2004 and it looks like there will be some
    good stuff :)

From Galactic Hunter:

Our Galactic Swami foresees good things in the future for Star Wars toys in 2004. Ready your wallets, because if you're a fan of the Original Trilogy, then you'll be spending plenty of dough indeed! Swami also tells us that the emphasis for 2004 are collectors and MAX articulation. Believe in the power of the Swami!

Basic Figures

Craving more Imperials for your collection? How about a first ever issue of Admiral Ozzel and a new Imperial TIE Pilot with improved articulation! If you've been wanting more characters from The Empire Strikes Back, you'll be happy to know that a long wished for Cloud Car Pilot, Leia Bespin Gown, Lobot, Dagobah R2-D2, and a new sculpt of bounty hunter Dengar are also planned.

Rounding out the OT figures are a Gold Leader X-Wing Pilot and a new Han Endor.

From the Prequels come new figures of Palpatine's aide Sly Moore, the Wookiee Senator Yarua, and duck-billed Jedi Pablo Jill.

Reissues of previously released figures are also to be continued. Now dubbed the "Hall of Fame" series, expect some form of Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Princess Leia.

Ultra Figures

For those who love those furry creatures with attitude, an Ultra Ewok 2 Pack with Catapult is planned. Another set from Return of the Jedi featuring B'ommar Monk and Bubo are also in the works.

Vehicles, Exclusives, and the Rest

The Sandcrawler is coming to Target. But Swami sez you already knew that. But did you know that Target will also carry Star Wars drinking glasses packed with exclusive figures? Sounds like a neat concept.

A new TIE Fighter with more accurately scaled wings as well as new colored versions of the Y-Wing and X-Wing (Gold Leader) will be dogfighting as an exclusive for a retailer.

Multi-packs to be released include themes from Naboo Final Battle, Pit of Carkoon, and Jedi Council (with Shaak-Ti).

Another large 12" exclusive for Kaybee is also planned with the same pricepoint as the Gamorrean Guard...more details to follow.

The Swami hopes you enjoyed this little sneak peak into the Galactic crystal ball. Swami wants to remind everyone that although we should all believe in the POTS (Power Of The Swami), nothing is guaranteed until Hasbro officially announces them!

15. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Mike don't be like me at the comicon in August. Took in $100. Walked up the stairs saw every issue of Ultimate X-men I needed and Several Ultimate Spider-man. Walked away with $15, which I spent on food and a Poster. Too bad Pepper still has the poster. :_| Food was good though. :D

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I was reorganizing a bunch of items in my SW room last night and for the first time took
    a really good look at the Genosian, Jedi council, and Death Star trash compactor 3 packs. These 3 packs are nicely detailed and the packaging is great. I think that Hasbro is finally realizing that alot of folks out there do not open their toys and with the new packaging it allows you to still get a good look at the contents without the need to open the package...

17. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

For once it makes sence to spend money on the packaging. One doesn't have to wonder where hald the money is going to anymore :p

Sad new you guys. I don't think I can make it to the Toy Fair. It's a ways away, and I forget how to get there by ttc.

At that I'm still saving for sections of my Eowyn Costume. All in all I don't think I can spend the money :(

Mabye next time.

18. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Dad,

However, if you open the 3 packs you realize that the quality of each figure has taken a dive. Take the Jedi 3 pack for example, they are simply molds. They can't stand on their own that the grade of plastic is pretty bad.

Sis,

Why do you still call the toy show, Toy Fair? :)

19. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Silver Snail Has new items again! 12' Yoda and Ewoks. And a new section on the new Unleased Figures!

They're really stalking up!

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    One reason not to take them out of their packages Son :) Tessa do they have the Yoda,
    Boba, and Han wave at the snail...

21. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    I open everything up unless it's stuff like a Toy Fair Vader or Jorg Sacul. :)

22. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

They do have Yoda, hand and Boba Unleashed! They have a nice section devoted to them :D

23. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I open all my Unleashed figures and display them.

By the way...

Canadian Star Wars Expo 2004

June 6th, 2004
    10am - 4pm
    Admission $10

Holiday Inn Oakville
    590 Argus Rd.
    Oakville, ON, Canada

The Star Wars Expo is a collectible show geared towards the Star Wars collector. Email swexpo@mountaincable.net to register for the collector's trading session and for dealer information or go to www.starwarsexpo.com.

24. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Being the Toronto Based girl that I am, I really don't know where Oakville is in relation to Toronto.

Regardless that sounds like a great expo to go to. I'll mark it in my calander as soon as I get one ;)

25. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Also remember the Nov. 2 Toy Show at the International Centre. Last big toy show of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.