Crazy or unusual (Star Wars) things you did as a kid

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Kweh-chan, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kweh-chan Jedi Master

star 1
    Not misconceptions.
    Perhaps you painted your trashcan like R2-D2, or turned the family dog into a bantha for a day...

Let me give you an example:

I lived in England when Episode I came out, and it just happened to coincide with the rise of Pokemon in the western world. I was in third grade, and during free time, I laboured for days making a comic of Episode I in which all the characters had been turned into Pokemon. If I remember correctly (and I fully accept my nerdiness and ahead of time, for enjoying other fandoms, and knowing the names of said Pokemon), Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were Raichu and Pikachu, respectively, Padme was Butterfree, Anakin was Caterpie...and Gunray and Haako were Starmie and Staryu.

...that, and I re-enacted the dance scene from ROTJ with my Pokemon toys.

I was an odd child.
  2. Adrian the Cool Jedi Knight

star 3
    I got arrested on Coruscant for licking door knobs.
  3. StarWarrior92 Jedi Knight

star 3
    One time for Halloween I put on a sith-like robe and a huge Jar Jar mask. Darth Darth Binks! :D
  4. J_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Clarification, please? Crazy or unusual as opposed to whom? Other kids that loved Star Wars or those who did not - I didn't know any of those because when I was a kid EVERYBODY in my small universe loved it. So....

I remember Bantha Tracks [old SW newsletter] saying something about having a model building contest so I decided to build an Ewok village the size that would fit action figures. I did spend a good month or so on it before it being inadvertently smashed into pieces. I was far too devastated to rebuild.

There was a prolonged episode of brooding and crying [days] which in my house was supremely not allowed, ergo unusual and crazy] because the stupid shoe store only had Luke Skywalker shoes in her size and not mine. I still think she was shoving her big ol' feet into them and lying about the fit. :mad:

Also we played 'Star Wars' instead of 'Cowboys and Indians.' Which meant we all ran around the yard being various characters with our respective lightsabers [sticks] and blasters [smaller sticks] for hours outside. That's unusual, right? Do kids still play outside with sticks? I mean, anyone can pick up a lightsaber for cheap these days. ;)
  5. Zer0 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Reenacting the duel scenes when I was bored as a child, I thought it was weird anyway.
  6. LadyFrankenstein1138 Jedi Youngling

I had just the robe part of a Jedi costume and to prove to my sister that I could "use the force", I pulled the hood over my eyes and walked along a ledge that was about two to three feet above the ground. Thankfully, I didn't fall.
  7. Lord Optimus Jedi Knight

star 2
    Me and my little brothers used to make home made lightsabers and have huge battles with them. You would get pvc pipe, then get noodles made for swimming pools, put the pvc pipe inside the noodle, wrap duct tape around the noodle and then spray paint them whatever color you wanted. The noodle gave it a little padding so it wouldn't hurt as bad when you got struck. Between me, my 3 little brothers, and our friends, we used to have some pretty epic battles.
  8. benknobi1 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I played SW with my sister a bit when I was a kid, that's about it
  9. Sistros Jedi Master

star 6
    crazy things?

not sure :p

i watched the SE's in the cinema,

that is pretty crazy :p
  10. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
    When I played Star Wars on the playground with other girls, we would fight over who got to play Leia. The "losers" had to be Han and Luke.

Not crazy, but I had really long thick hair as a kid and I'd get my Mom to put it in Princess Leia styles--the side buns, crown of braids from Yavin, bun on top with braids from Bespin.

And yes, kids do play with sticks. My kids amass collections of them and want to take them home.
  11. Sistros Jedi Master

star 6
    When I played Star Wars on the playground with other girls, we would fight over who got to play Leia. The "losers" had to be Han and Luke.

---

why not make characters up? :p
  12. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.