main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Crazy Theory Time - Fan Theories Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Snoke is the Grand Inquisitor from Rebels, placed in stasis to await punishment Gallius Rax released him by mistake and he escaped with Rae Sloane helping her assemble the First Order.
    Unlike anyone else he knew Anakin was Darth Vader and due to surviving Royal Guards that Leia was Anakin's daughter.
    With no-one aware who he had been he was able to subtly corrupt Ben but it took Leia panicking over discovering Snoke's true identity that allowed him to use New Republic Forces to locate and destroy Luke's Academy letting Ben take the credit using the event for Ben to become Kylo Ren.
    The Knights of Ren is a deliberate slur towards the surviving Ghost crew as he obtained the Dark Saber wearing it's black Kyber stone in a ring.
    Ezra is DJ seeking a way to finally locate and avenge Sabine, Finn is sent to him by Maz to become his Padawan but discovering the Supremacy leads to the Ghost crew AND Phoenix Squadron reuniting to deal with Snoke once and for all...
    Luke, Rey, Ezra, Finn and Kanan with Hera leading Phoenix Squadron along with Poe and the Resistance...
    Excited yet?

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Everybody will be profoundly satisfied with TLJ and Ep. 9.

speckledroman and SgtTimBob like this.
  3. robotical712

robotical712 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 13, 2017
    Follow up post from the one yesterday:
    After writing my post from yesterday, it occurred to me the theory fits very well with the saga's examination of choice and gives a possible blueprint for how Snoke might be defeated.
    A little while ago, reddit user JoseyFish (aka JoJoPanelli) pointed out to some of us in conversation that 'Chosen One' could actually mean 'One Who Chooses' which fits with Kylo Ren having equal potential for light and dark, like the rest of his family. It's not so much that he's made of both, but he can choose one over the other. In my post from yesterday, Snoke needs him to channel the dark side directly to Snoke. The catch is Kylo must choose to do so (much as Anakin and Luke had to choose to join Sidious).
    This is in contrast to what Snoke attempted with Rey. He tried to force her into acting as a channel and the result was catastrophic (not unlike Vader physically thrown back after his first attempt to 'bleed' a Kyber failed). Snoke has learned he can't shortcut the process and must make sure Kylo is completely committed or risk his own destruction. Further, other Skywalkers pose a risk in that they can interrupt or distract Kylo by the connections they share. Thus is vitally important that Kylo is entirely alienated from his family.
    This is what brings us to IX. In my screenplay prediction for TLJ, Rey surrenders herself to Kylo who brings her to Snoke. Snoke will be very interested in the prospect of having two Skywalkers under his influence and particularly thrilled to have leverage over what he sees as the greatest threat to him - Luke. In any case, Rey will eventually make a different choice than Ben once made and turn away from Snoke. Feeling vulnerable, Snoke will likely move to achieve what Palpatine once sought - becoming a living god - using the power of the Chosen One's line. It's during the process that Rey must reach Kylo and convince him that there is another path. By doing so, Kylo can choose the light and, with Rey give Snoke all the power he wants - from the light side - ending in Snoke's destruction.

4. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I guess I like your theory -- I definitely respect your research effort.

However - I am 99.999% certain Rey is not a Skywalker -- so that stymies things a bit.
    I think "Chosen One = One Who Chooses" is overthinking things -- and nothing more than attempting a play on words that doesn't really need to exist.

5. robotical712

Mar 13, 2017

I'm 99.999% certain she is, but have little interest in convincing anyone of it. I'm just trying to figure out as much of the story I can to the best of my ability.

I was using the 'One Who Chooses' equivalence to make a point - a driving theme in SW is the importance of the choices we make.

6. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Wrong universe.

Neo: Choice. The problem is choice.

The Architect:. As you adequately put, the problem is choice

7. robotical712

Mar 13, 2017
    Not sure if you're being serious.

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor likes this.
  9. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I posted it before, but what if Rey's vision was a flashfoward and the burning temple is the Ahch-to temple. Which is why Rian asked JJ to have Rey take R2 with her, since R2 was in the vision. And why the previously rocky environment now is a grassy one.
    [​IMG]

10. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Darth Plagiues has returned to the world of the living by taking the power and life of another (Kylo Ren).

To balance this, the Force returns the Chosen One to the world, giving his power to the life of another (Rey).

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Rey must figure out why Luke is on a planet where Porgs evolve from men. There's gotta be an answer.

12. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    they all evolve from luke. they are all frowning. i know luke probably eats them and steals their eggs so they're upset. and humans frequently don't acknowledge the wishes of other animals. but perhaps they simply reflect him. :)

13. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Porgs ARE the last Jedi.

That's why Luke is on Ahch-To. They're his students.

14. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm not sure how crazy these are supposed to be, but I think Snoke being a "sun eater" must qualify to some degree.

In a nutshell: Snoke eats sun matter to sustain physical longevity and power. This somehow relates to his Force abilities, perhaps making them stronger than they naturally are.

The whole point of the Starkiller is not that it's merely a device for destroying systems, although that is one of it's practical uses. In fact, the technology allows Snoke to drain sun matter for consumption.

Kylo Ren will eventually learn Snoke's secret (if he doesn't already know) and will transform himself by E9 by consuming this stuff.

We'll also learn that Snoke's destroyed countless star systems this way in the Unknown Regions. The First Order doesn't realize they're being used for this purpose (perhaps).

15. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    "No, I am your father...and mother."

cerealbox likes this.
  16. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    At the end of episode 9 Luke will plunge his kyber crystal shard into a larger crystal shard as the two Tattooine suns come together in the great conjunction. Rey and Kylo will then merge into one ethereal being of both light and dark called the Jesidith and the prophecy will be fulfilled.

Revanfan1, episodenone and ObidioJuan like this.
  17. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    But then what happens in Episode 10??

18. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    So, would Snoke use Starkiller to eat the sun matter? And since it's gone now, would he have alternative ways of doing so?

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    No one ever just builds one version of a weapon. But I also think that Starkiller tech probably exists in other forms for Snoke.

My idea is that the Starkiller in TFA was just a subtle hint to the fans about what Snoke's goals are.

JJ and Kasdan figured we'd all be distracted by it as a weapon, but the tech's true purpose is for physical appropriation.

JoJoPenelli and 11-4D like this.
  20. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    My guess is that the "sun eating" Jedi Killer got split off into Kylo Ren and Starkiller Base, and SKB is the last we'll be see of the concept.

oncafar and Dra--- like this.
  21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012

Could definitely be so.

However, they do still need to suggest how Snoke's able to cheat death. I don't think they'll use midichlorians for it. The sun matter would be a rich metaphor that could be shown via action/image. Although it's very possible they replaced sun matter with something else or simply with the Force (or won't address it at all).

But I would love for them to do the sun matter thing because great storytelling makes us look back and perceive old events newly. Moreover, we had that wonderful moment at the end of TFA where as the sun dies, Kylo's face darkens. So we have all this imagery waiting to be connected to.

Siphonophore and Artoo-Dion like this.
  22. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Snoke: "I like gold."
    Earth's Gold Came From Colliding Dead Stars:
    https://www.cfa.harvard.edu/news/2013-19
    He does like his gold robe.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002

MAKE IT SO, NUMBER ONE.

Any Dark Crystal reference is welcome here =D=

And please cast Emilia Clarke as Kira,

24. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    1. Snoke is Brendol Hux being who has merged with an ancient force creature, and Phasma is his lover.
    2. Rey was created using Vader's DNA. (so we'll get a - Rey, you are my sister moment from Luke) :p
    3. Luke was dating a porg, who leaves him for Chewie.
    4. Rose is a shaman of the whills.

25. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Luke and Kylo have been working together, both convinced that the way to beat the dark side is through the dark side. Embracing it fully, like Vader did in order to defeat Palpatine.

Rey rejects this and joins Snoke after hearing his side of the story. She takes Kylo's place as Snoke's enforcer in Ep IX, leading the Praetorian guards against Luke, Kylo and the Knights of Ren.