main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Create a Padawan for Ahsoka.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LukeTano, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    Ok, so some angry mods made me move the old thread to here.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Is this a challenge?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    I don't quite know what that's supposed to mean?

No, I'm not trying to defy moderators, if you are one. They just said I should move and not-so-nicely closed me old one because they said I needed to have it here.

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    No, hon, I'm trying to find out what you want us to do. Are you telling people they should try writing stories about Ahsoka's Padawan? Is this a discussion thread?

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Yeah, I was wondering as well. Are you trying to write a fan fic and want us to give input into what Ahsoka's Padawan should be like? Are we supposed to write stories in which Ahsoka has a Padawan? (The challenge that Ish was referring to?)

And what era are you talking about? As far as personality, I think she should have a Padawan exactly like herself. That's what the Council did to Anakin. :D

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I personally would make her Padawan akin to Obi-Wan, to drive her a bit nuts and temper her.

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    That's because we have guidelines about what should and can be posted where. :) Before the Saga, The Saga and Beyond the Saga are all for stories - those that have a clear narrative form, in-progress or no. Discussion threads, writing challenge threads and everything inbetween belong here, in Fan Fiction Resource.

You can read the FAQs stickied at the top of this forum for more information on how things work here at fanfic. The moderators for fan fic can all be found at the top - their names are in colours. :)

As others have pointed out, what is the purpose of this thread? Do you want to have a challenge, where you offer an idea to write about and those writers interested go out and write it? Or do you want it to be a discussion of what kind of Padawan Ahsoka would have? What timeframe would this be - Saga or Beyond? There are a lot of things to consider. :)

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I did a bit of digging and found the original thread in Beyond:
    It was locked because it was in Beyond and that forum is for fanfic only and not general threads.

9. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    Actually, the Padawan is part of a fanfic story I'm writing. Part of her getting a Padawan, which wasn't one of two characters who feel they deserved it, and a good many things the Council wouldn't let them do, much of it was Ahsoka refusing to let them command troops in the GCW because she knew what could happen when a 14-year-old got put in charge of an entire squad, and one of those characters was Jacen and the other her own son, and they secretly found a holocron that showed them some old Sith powers that was compiled by Darth Zannah but which Zannah never had the chance to get beyond compiling a bunch of holocrons into one holocron, and they go to the Dark Side over that issue. Anyway, the Padawan eventually joins the bad guys, though, like Jacen and Vader, he'll get to make amends sorta and join the good guys before he dies. Also, yes, I love the idea of an annoying Padawan. Somebody who would make her, now in her 40's or 50's, say, "Wow! I didn't realize how annoying 14-year-olds could be!" or something like that.

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Just to make sure I'm understanding, you're asking us to create a character for you so that you can write about them? o_O

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    No one is angry. You were simply instructed to move the thread here because this is the appropriate forum for character discussion.

Having said that, I will repeat what several others have asked: What is the purpose of this thread? For example:

- Do you want other people to write fics about a padawan for Ahsoka? If so, the best way to do that would be to issue a Challenge. The instructions for doing that are listed in this thread.

- Do you have an idea for a story about a padawan for Ahsoka but would like someone else to write it? In that case, we have a Plot Bunny thread where you can post your idea.

- Would you like to have an open discussion about Ahsoka and what kind of padawan she might have in the future?

All of these are viable options, but we cannot have a thread for the sole purpose of discussing a character in your fan fic. It?s nothing personal against you. We don?t allow ANY threads that only highlight/discuss one story. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.