Create Your Own Top Ten . . .

Discussion in 'Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Letterman still does it best! VH1 and E! are networks that make a living doing it! ESPN does it every show and inevitably half of it sucks. "It" is making a list and now it is your turn to do it. Make your list about anything and everything - Your Ten Favorite Star Wars Characters, the Ten Worst Letters of the Alphabets, Ten Reasons You Like Chicken Better than Fish, the Ten People You Would Most Like to Run Down with a Tractor. It doesn't matter - entertain us!
  2. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Since I've heard that Night Court, The Greatest American Hero, and MacGyver are all coming to DVD in the near future, that sort of kills a lot of my list. But I shall venture on with . . .

The Top Ten Shows I'd Like to See on DVD
    ** not necessarily in any particular order **

10. BJ & the Bear - Yes, I am a sucker for 18-wheelers and monkeys. Plus I really want to see the episodes with Andre the Giant.

9. The Tick (Animated Version) - This may be out there and I missed it, but I don't think so. The live action is out there, but I didn't really care for that. The animated version, however, is freakin' hilarious! Spoon!

8. The A Team: Season Two - I'm just being facetious now. The A Team: Season One is actually the only TV show I own on DVD and I just really want them to release the next season. I'm tired of waiting.

7. The Magnificent Seven - Short-lived CBS western loosely based on the movie. Had Michael Biehn in it. I was working for WNCT when it came on and I got hooked. Probably wouldn't cost much since I don't think it went a full season. :p

6. Batman - You can find the full-length movie in the $5 bins around town, but the TV show it spawned is the definition of camp. Plus, Adam West is still the best Batman there's ever been.

5. Fall Guy - Funny, doesn't take itself so seriously, a nice combo of action and humor. Markie Post made a lot of appearances and Heather Thomas donned my walls and dreams for many years as a young teenage boy. [face_love]

4. The Incredible Hulk - Much like Batman, they released a few of the movies or specials. Since they probably tanked in sales, we'll probably never see the full series release of this show. Even as a kid, this show had a prevailing sense of sadness. I felt so badly for Bruce Banner at the end of every episode when he'd have to go hitchhiking again. :(

3. The Six Million Dollar Man - Wow! Didn't realize Lee Majors was such a large part of my childhood. As a child, this was easily my favorite show. Had posters, figures, playsets, and made that incessant "bionic sound" while I ran slow-motion around the house for hours. I must do that again to see how my wife will react.

2. The Wild, Wild West - I watched this show a lot as the child, but it wasn't until I caught it years later in re-runs that I really appreciated how entertaining this show was. Kind of a James Bond meets MacGyver sort of thing. It had no problem going off into absurdly goofy plot lines and the action and stunt work is great even by today's standard.

1. WKRP in Cincinnati - Once again, another show I was a little too young to get in my initial viewings, but still enjoyed. Thanks to re-runs, I came to see how hilarious this show was, as it merged several forms of comedy from straight situational to slapstick to near stand-up by the DJ's on the air. Getting clearance to the classic music that played in these episodes seems to be the hold-up, as it would probably be very expensive to do so. Hopefully something will be worked out.

That being said, I'm a cheap fellow. Most likely the only ones I would buy are the top 3 unless some were particularly inexpensive. I also think there should be a rule that says you cannot release a show on DVD that is still in its original run. Syndication I can live with, but a show that releases its first season on DVD to coincide with its second season on TV seems a bit much.

OK . . . somebody else . . . time to play . . .
  3. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Not to sabotage your thread Dal, but WKRP was/is one of my all-time favorites. Hate they took it off of Nick At Night.
  4. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No problem eddie-wan - I love that show. I hate that it's off the air too. I was reading that the music rights are the possible hold up. In the original runs, they were cleared to use a lot of the great classic rock from that period. Then when the shows went into re-runs and syndication, they had to replace the music with stock music because the rights had run out. Then apparently they had to redub some of the dialogue because some of the jokes the DJ's made were directly related to the original music. I guess all of this makes this TV to DVD possibility a bit more expensive than regular shows. I hope they work something out. I'd love it with the original music, but I'll take it anyway they can make it.
  5. The_Green_Ranger Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmm should I make a top 10 actress's I'd like to ...be with?
  6. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I might would make sure that Lt_Commander_Data wasn't checking in on your list first! [face_laugh]

You might would have some explaining to do! :eek:
  7. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Top Ten Costumes I'd like to make/ put together before I'm old and grey:

10. Moulin Rouge (just about anything)
    9. Just about anything Amidala has worn that I haven't made yet. Especially her Senate Dress from EP:I
    8. Tonika Twins for me and my Mom
    7. Kick Butt Pirate Chick
    6. Imp Officer
    5. She-Ra
    4. Just about anything from Lord of the Rings that I haven't already made.
    3. Fem Trooper
    2. Bikini Leia
    1. Darth Vader
  8. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not sure which is cooler. That you're cool enough to make a Tonika Twins costume for your mom, or that your mom would be cool enough to wear it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.