main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CONTEST Create your own Treatment for Episode 7 - Due Tonight 5/15

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , May 1, 2013.

1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Since we don't have really any information at all and it's going to be awhile yet before we have any information. We thought what a great way to pass the time then holding a contest. The rules are pretty simple.

1.) Your treatment must be PG.
    2.) You must follow the board rules. Any story breaking those rules shall not be posted.
    3.) Have Fun. Be creative. If that means you write a treatment based around your cat as a jedi. Awesome.
    4.) All treatments must be submitted to me or mavjade via pm. We will take treatments up till May 15th at Midnight pst. Any treatments posted in this thread will not be accepted. Please read all the rules and follow them.

We will post a locked thread that will contain each treatment for everyone to read through. Starting on May 16th we will open up for voting on your favorite one. Votes will be submitted via pm. No sock accounts are allowed to vote. And we will know if you use a sock account. Any sock votes will not be counted.

On May 23rd at Midnight pst, the first round of voting will close. We will then take the top 10 to a final vote. All votes for that will need to be in by May 30th at Midnight pst.

So you want to know what you will get for doing this. Well anyone that submits a treatment will get a custom title for the duration of the contest. 1st place vipship and a title for 3 weeks. 2nd place vipship and a title for 2 week. 3rd place vipship and a title for 1 week.

Good luck and have fun!

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My treatment of Episode VII is going to be atrocious... I am going to say the most vile things to it and hurt its feelings at its core. I may even abuse it, physically.

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    How long exactly must a treatment be?

4. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    As long as you want. But remember everyone is going to read through them and vote on them. Some people might not want to read through a 100 page treatment. Use your best judgement.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Precisely. It's called a treatment for a reason: Treat the readers mercifully.

6. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Oh boy... Can't wait to read people's ideas.

Also, can we use pictures to supplement out treatment or is it strictly text-only?

7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Feel sorry for any story treatments posted a few dozen pages back. [face_worried] No one will read them due to being dead from reading the last dozen story treatments. [face_devil]

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  8. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't have a treatment per se, just a scene that someone may use in their treatment.

The scene is Han's introduction, waking up after a two day drunk in a field somewhere while the Millenium Falcon flies overhead.

9. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Right now just text based. If this contest goes well it will open us open to other contest to be held.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

10. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Alright I have been asked by a few users if they can have their treatment posted without their name announced till after the contest ends.

We will allow it and just assign them a letter for this purpose.

11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    So much for just copy/pasting Patton Oswald's video.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is a cool idea for a contest and I can't wait to read everyone's ideas. I'll give it my best shot too.

13. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Ahhh yeees. I know just what to do friday afternoon.

14. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Does the treatment I get for my STD count?

[face_beatup]

15. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Just out of curiosity, how long would a treatment be, typically? I think this would give participants an indication of the level of detail expected in their treatments...

16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    A real treatment is 10 to 15 pages. Typically a SW film is six 20 minute segments on film. For a 2 hour movie. This sounds like a lot for this contest, but there are a lot of great writers here.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  17. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Details. NOW

GGrievous likes this.
  18. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Well everyone has their own idea of what they want Episode 7 to be or what they think it should be. And I really am not joking when I say if someone wants to write one for jedi cats.

mavjade is also another moderator you can pm your treatments to as well. :)

19. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Looking foward to seeing these treatments! I aint writing one on here though.

20. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    [face_not_talking]

21. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Contest sounds interesting... :D

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Board rules are that the EU is not to be mentioned outside of one specifically segregated thread.

Does this mean that the EU can not be used in this exercise?

23. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Does anybody have George Lucas phone number? I am going to get him drunk and copy from him.

Darth Chiznuk and Sum-Wan like this.
  24. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    EU may be used in this instance.

Robimus likes this.
  25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Poor PG rule. :p

Seagoat likes this.