main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Create Yourself As A RPG Character!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi Merkurian , Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJ

LJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 1999
    Ah, I knew I forgot something, Species: Near-Human

I've been playing that character for about a year and a half now.

2. DarkTreader

DarkTreader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    ~cough cough~

Can I come play with your GM too?????????

3. DarkTreader

Feb 22, 2002
    ^_^ I'm level 13. I can handle that! :)

This's the kind of thing that keeps you occupied while the rest of a class is going on, and you're bored outta yer mind... and the teacher nnever really said that you couldn't use the computer in front of you...

4. LJ

LJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 1999
    my GM... he his cool, we used a hand full of house rules on my character, considering he had unique abilities (using dark side powers without gaining DSPs, all those martial arts maneivers, etc)

after doing the math on your system, and adding a few things, im around 13th level

5. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm 17th level, I'll have to get back with stats on that.

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    "my GM... he his cool, we used a hand full of house rules on my character, considering he had unique abilities (using dark side powers without gaining DSPs, all those martial arts maneivers, etc)"

[face_shocked]Sweet jeebus!! That's the whole point of dark side powers = bad!

7. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    I actually statted myself once, though it was projecting a couple years into the future. Now that I'm actually at the two years in the future point, I see that it's not accurate, but hey, it was fun. :) Here is me now:

Percpetion: 3D
    con 4D (Since I don't lie often, people tend to believe me when I do!)
    writing 4D+2 (I'm getting better!)

Knowledge: 3D+2
    languages: Russian 4D
    Languages: Mandarin
    physics
    sewing 4D
    sewing: Jedi robes 5D+2

Mechanical: 2D
    ground vehicle ops 3D

Dex: 2D+2
    bow 4D (I'm getting pretty darn good!)
    brawling parry 3D
    melee combat 3D
    soccer 3D+1

Strength: 3D
    swimming 3D+1

Technical: 2D+1
    1st aid 3D
    computer programming/repair 3D

Equipment: Bow w/dozen arrows; sword; computer; sewing machine; many books; car; yards and yards of fabric

Now for the stats for my alias, who's modeled after an actual RPG character. (I don't have all her stats with me, so I'll just guess what I can and leave out the rest.)

Ping, human female, age 22, martial artist/Jedi apprentice

Dex 3D+2
    bow 4D
    blaster 5D
    brawling parry 6D
    melee combat/parry 6D
    lightsaber combat 4D+2 (I think)
    running 5D
    acrobatics 5D

Knowledge 2D+2
    Jedi lore 3D
    Cooking 3D

Mechanical 2D
    repulsorlift ops 2D+1

Perception 4D
    search 5D
    con 4D+1 (If only she could come up with the con, people would believe her!)
    sneak 5D

Strength 4D
    brawling 6D

Technical 2D+1
    First aid 5D
    lightsaber repair 3D

Special abilities: Martial arts 2D; control 2D+1; sense 2D; alter 2D

Weapons: lightsaber, vibrorapier, vibroknife, blaster, 2-3 swords, staff, throwing knives, etc.

Equipment: combat suit (+1d physical, +2 energy); candles; tea set; rope

Back story: Ping was left on the steps of a monastery. The monks took her in and taught her their ways, and she proved an adept pupil. When Luke Skywalker came to ask if any of the masters would be interested in teaching combat to the students, they refused, prefering solitude and meditation. But Skywalker realized Ping's potential to learn to use the Force, and he invited her to return with him. Sensing the correctness of that path, she accepted. She recently was made apprentice to Jedi Knight Wanabe, and will be accompanying her on missions.

8. OBI-WANS_ANGEL

OBI-WANS_ANGEL Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2002
    *enters in, white robes flowing around her, stands before the Council. She lowers her hood and her dark eyes scan the room. She bows*

Greetings Fellow Jedi. I am Kariha, also known here as Obi-Wan's Angel.
    I come to you from the rp message boards at StarWars.com...*hangs head sadly* which I am afraid are going to collaps shortly. I had to leave my husband, my children and my Padawan and my place on the Jedi Council...before the destructions began...I wish to come here.

My bio will begin shortly....

9. OBI-WANS_ANGEL

Mar 9, 2002
    This is my Biograghy as posted on the rp boards at StarWars.com

:::Name: Jedi Master Kariha Fortune ( Obi-Wan's Angel )

Age: Unknown ( was around during old order, looks young )

Sex: Female

Clothing: Form fitting white pants and long sleeve shirt (like the one Padme wears in Ep.II) white Jedi cloak, black belt and black knee high boots. ALWAYS wears a different pendant from each Padawan she has trained.

Appearance: dark brown hair, piercing dark brown eyes, darkish skin that usually has a dim golden glow, tall and lean yet somewhat muscular.

Weapons: Navy Blue lightsaber that is emotion-sensitive and a vibroshiv strapped to the leg

Ship: T65 X-Wing " THE RAY "

Background:
    I have no specific age, being a creature from the moons of Iego, but lets just say that I am young, but like that Queen Amidala, I am wise beyond my years.
    My homeworld is one of the moons of Iego. I can have a material body, and most of the time I choose it but I can at any time take my natural form. When a teenage Obi-Wan Kenobi visited my homeworld with his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, I was told by my superior at the Temple on my planet, that Obi-Wan was very important to the future of the Force, something that we are more in tune with than the Jedi. Being the best in my classes, I was assigned to Obi-Wan. It way my turn to be a Guardian. Obi-Wan grew up knowing about me and became even more in tune with me in his final years on Tatooine...but I assure you, many things he has escaped was not ONLY the Force, but me. I knew how he was going to die and that ripped my heart into pieces. When he died, I was told to move on and become a new Jedi in the new Order to come. I stayed on my planet during Imperial Rule and waited out the Jedi victory.
    When my orders came, I joined the New Jedi Order.

Afterword:
    I became a Council Member on the New Jedi Order Council quickly after joining, took on my first Padawan in the new order, Jedi Karen, who is now a Jedi Knight.
    I then married Jedi Master Tedan Fortune and we had a son, but before his birth he was murdered by the Emperor Dark Lord. My life here is difficult, I had been seduced by the darkside and by the new empires leader, Darth Viru. I had allowed my life Force to dwindle and I lost my capability to be in material form, or as humans would call it, death. I soon returned when my energy was high again. Disapointed and angry at myself, I somehow separated the darkness within me and she became an entirely new figure, her name is Carina. Tedan has left on a mission and has been gone over 10 years but he has returned only days ago. We have just had our first daughter, Gabriael. In Tedan's absence, another Jedi Master started to watch over me, Maverick. I soon learned that he had fallen in love but had restrained from telling me until we both believed Tedan would never return. Maverick went crazy and is now falling to the dark side...and I feel I must save him. Still during Tedan's absense, I took on another Padawan, BlackCat, only to find that he was too angry and not fit to be a Jedi. I took another Padawan, Josh Windu, who turned on me and went to the darkside and later returned to the Jedi. Soon after, I took another Padawan, Artesis Ra'kor who was murdered before my first lesson with him. Phobos, the Master of the sith apprentice who murdered Artesis, kept his body from me and transformed him into a Sith Cyborg warrior. I still have a Padawan, Keijen Blade. My personal weapons are stealth and wisdom and my ultimate goal is to help wipe the galaxy out of the Sith.
    That is why I am a Jedi.

10. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Interesting entrance.

11. LJ

LJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 1999
    nah, you got it wrong, it was part of my character, if I wanted to use a power without gaining a dark side point, my character had to spend a few hours studying some sections in a anicent holocron, spend 10-20 hours in meditation, and pay alot of character points and force points

this didnt prevent my character from gaining points from evil actions, and this only applied to this one character

12. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Crimson_Jedi_Knight, don't you recgonize RPing when you see it? :p

According to DarkTreader's system, I am a level 16 character. By the end of the year I will be at least level 18 (birthday and leaving the country for the first time).

13. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    Dark Treader: if i traveled to 13 countries in one trip, how would you count it?

14. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Oops, rules problem. Time for a second edition!

15. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
  16. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Yeah, time for second ed.

17. DarkTreader

Feb 22, 2002
    lol, I had no idea that this would go over so well... Gonna have to have more ideas like this! :)

Fingorfin , I don't think it was so much the fact that he dinna recognize it, but that it was so shocking... I mean, even though this is an RPG board... um... well, there's not really any RPing going on ON the board ^_^

Lets see... as for the revised edition... I'll work on that at the theatre tonight. 1 week 'til the show goes on an all ^_^

18. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Don't you recognize humor when you see it?

19. DarkTreader

Feb 22, 2002
    ^_^

I try not to recognize humor... I let it come to me.

Must be why my sense of humor is rather... eh... odd :)

20. OBI-WANS_ANGEL

Mar 9, 2002
    *bows in respect*

Thank you.

21. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I don't know jack about RPG stats (I mostly read the sourcebooks as EU reference, I'd just started to understand what all those little numbers and D+1s meant when WoTC took over). I'll put up two bios; maybe somebody could make some suggestions for stats.

Name: Alion Sangre
    Type: was a fighter ace and Force Adept, added a level of Inquisitor, now a high-level Dark Side Marauder/Freelance Bounty Hunter
    Species: Human cyborg
    Appearance: 1.75 cm tall, cyborg prosthetics covering left side of head and eyes (Grants darkvision, macrobinoculars, enhanced hearing, enhanced olfactory analysis, remote slicing module), cybernetic left arm with extendable vibroclaws and 3 poison dart launchers betwen the knuckles. Pale skin, white hair.
    Force abilities: Control, Sense, Alter, Force lightning, Drain Energy, Drain Knowledge, Illusion, Drain Force, Hatred, Rage, Summon Storm, Force Grip, Force Destruction and Deadly Sight from JK, Deflect Blasters, Throw Lightsaber, Knight Defense, Knight speed, Telekinesis, as many more as would be appropriate
    Other Expertise: Technician and cybyernetics, ace pilot, Speed Draw, Point-blank shot, just about every weapons proficiency imaginable, some basic martial arts skills, light/medium/hevy/powered armor proficiency. Basically, you'd need Fett or a Jedi Knight to get the better of this guy
    Weapons: Tenloss Disruptor rifle, ExoTac Arms EXP-7a heavy blaster rifle, 5 thermal detonators, 5 sequencer charges, green-bladed lightsaber**, modified suit of Sunder 9 power armor***.

**Alion Sangre's lightsaber belonged to the Jedi Master Lissa Ilvia, who was killed by her former padawan, Imperial Inquisitor Rielle. Sangre obtained the lightsaber from Rielle after Endor. Ilvia managed to tranfer her essence into the saber, allowing her to communicate with Sangre (or shut off his weapon when he's in a dark rage).

***Armor: Llalik Designs Sunder 9 Prototype (Modified) Black overall with gray joints
    Class: Powered
    Cost: n/a
    Defense Bonus: +8
    Max Dex Bonus: +0
    Armor Check Penalty: -10
    Speed (10m): 6m
    Speed (6m): 4m
    Weight: 50 kg *
    Weapons:
    - Blaster Cannon (mounted on left arm): Damage: 4d8, Critical: 19-20, Range Increment: 80 meters, Type: Energy
    - Flame Projector (mounted on right arm, has 100 shots): Damage: 4d6 (targets make a Reflex save, DC 15, for half damage and a second Reflex save, DC 15, for avoid catching on fire), creates a burst of flame 2 meters wide and up to 10 meters long
    -Sith Lanvarok (mounted on left arm, has 15 disks): Damage 3d4, range 10 m
    -Wrist Rockets (right arm, launcher has 4 rockets, can't find the damage stats)
    -Sonic blaster (left arm)
    -Stokhli spray launcher (right arm)
    -Slicer wire dispenser (left arm)
    -DEMP blaster (right arm)
    -Built in red-bladed dual-phase lightsabers on both gauntlets
    * Weight of armor does not cause a penalty to Swim checks
    ** Wearer is considered proficient with armor-mounted weapons if he has Armor Proficiency (Powered) feat
    Strength Enhancement: +5 equipment bonus to Strength
    Rocket Pack: Allows movement up to 90 meters as a move-equivalent action (it has enough fuel for up to 1,080 meters of movement)
    Sensors: Functions as standard macrobinoculars; adds +2 equipment bonus to Spot checks; adds +4 equipment bonus to Search checks; provides benefits of Low-Light Vision and Darkvision (20 meters)
    Aquatic Propulsion System: +4 equipment bonus to Swim checks and allows wearer to swim 14 meters as a move-equivalent action or 28 meters as a full-round action
    Body Glove: +4 equipment bonus to Fortitude saves to resist the effects of hostile environments
    Sealed Enviro-Filter: System prevents entry of foreign substances, can also be sealed completely when in hostile environments or during submersion (has 24 hours of power and 30 hours of oxygen)
    A3AA Personal Defense Module: creates a 4-meter-radius cloud centered on the suit (the cloud remains motionless after created). All blaster, laser, or turbolaser attacks entering, exiting, or passing through any part of the cloud are weakened, granting the

22. DarkTreader

Feb 22, 2002
    Damn... um, yeah, I really need to get some of that armor! :)

23. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    Drawback is that the stuff weighs 50 kilos and only two sets were ever made. The untweaked stats are at swrpgnetwork.com - I combined a few things for the accessories. Sunder 9 was the early precursor to Spacetrooper armor. The original d6 stats were from Gundark's Fantastic Technology.

24. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    Name: Mykael Shone
    Species: male human
    Homeworld: Lynfar
    Type: NRI agent, later fighter ace
    Description: 1.8 meters tall, gangly, dark brown hair, left eye brown, right eye brownish-gold, tan-skinned, clothing varies but usually he wears a leather swoop jacket or a flight duster. Often seen wearing a white scarf.
    No Force sensitivity
    Weapons: DL-44 blaster pistol, SH-9 silenced slugthrower (10 shots, damage 2d8, range 8 meters, DC 12 check to hear shots), Prax Arms 2VX dart pistol (fires stun, lethal, and homing beacon darts), vibroknife.
    Equipment: Heavily souped-up datapad with tracking system, encrypted wrist comm, medpac, flightsuit.
    Skills: Very good with con and bluff, starship piloting and repair.
    Basic character description: Sarcastic, streetwise, fast on his feet, highly disrespectful towards authority. Born actor. Rigid sense of judgement, lotta pride and self-confidence.

Bio: Mykael Shone was the son of a Clone Wars fighter ace and the first Imperial Governor of the Outer Rim mining and manufacturing world of Lynfar. Despite being an early supporter of Palpatine, Mykael's father helped organize the Lynfar Resistance and later incorporated it into the Alliance. Luckily, he had manged to isolate himself from contact with the Resistance, for the Imperial Security Bureau cracked the Lynfar Resistance and scattered the few remnants of the cell network a few months after Yavin. The Shone family, "appalled" at the "horrific Rebel conspiracy", took a private shuttle and moved to Pantolomin, with the sector Moff wishing them good luck at the landing pad. Mykael went to university on Pantolomin to major in psychology and drama, after which he was recruited as an operative by NRI Special Threats. Mykael spent nearly four years in the field with the NRI, snooping on Hutt crime lords, slavers, gunrunners, warlords, pirates, and the Empire. He was on Coruscant, having temporarily joined a swoop gang to gauge the state of the populace in the planet's lower levels, when the New Republic took the planet. After that, though, he took an assignment tracking the notorious bounty hunter Alion Sangre, which ended in a confused firefight that nearly killed the agent, although this wasn't the first time he'd been rushed to the nearest NR outpost or med frigate. During the New Republic's campaign to retake Warlord Zsinj's territory in the wake of the Battle of Dathomir, Mykael was sent to his homeworld, where he soon found himself caught between Zsinj's Raptor commandos, forces loyal to High Admiral Teradoc, and an Imperial Intelligence operation. It didn't help that his teenage crush was heading up the Imperial Intel team. After completing his assignment and killing the Imperial agent, only escaping due to the intervention of his boss, Major Sunnar Jan-lo, who called in a few favors with the fighter commander of Ackbar's task force, Mykael resigned from the NRI. Soon after, he joined Colonel Keyan Farlander, who had led the rescue at Lynfar, as a member of the first E-wing combat squadron, the Loose Cannons, during the Thrawn campaign. Mykael held an active commission in Starfighter Command until the Chimaera Accords, when he retired from the service as a colonel and took up flying cargo runs for Twin Suns Transportation in a modified YT-1300 light freighter, the Solo Run. With the Vong invasion, he took up flying fighters again as the commander of a fighter group (4 wings) based off the SSD Lusankya.

25. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Hmmm. Think I`ll do my own persona with honourable mention to the ole West End Games.

Wil
    Gambler

---------------------

Dex: 3D
    Str: 2D+2
    Mec: 2D
    Per: 4D
    Knw: 3D
    Tec: 2d

----------------------

Equipment:

Expandable Baton, (consealed weapon)