main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creating a HD menu for Blu-ray in Encore?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Joel_K, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel_K

Joel_K Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Can anyone help me figure out how to create a HD menu in Encore? Is there some special way you have to do it? Whenever I create a new menu it's always at 720x480, I can't figure out how to change it. I have a my menu background exported from AE at 720p using the Mpeg 2-DVD format. I basically followed Video Copilot's Dvd Authoring tutorial. It seemed like most of it can be applied the same way, but I'm probably wrong. Can anyone help? Thanks.

2. TaunTaunHerder

TaunTaunHerder Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 26, 2007
    (1) In AE when you create a new composition it has an option to make is custom sized.

(2) Do you have Photoshop ?

From Encore click the Menu tab> highlight the file name>right-click >Edit in Photoshop.
    In Photoshop choose image> image size,(make sure the Constrained Proportions option checked)> under Document Size adjust Width and Height. Save.

3. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    I think you are misunderstanding his problem, Tauntaunherder.

Joel_K, if you want do create a bluray-compatible menu, your whole project needs to be bluray-ready. So create a new project and make sure that in your project settings you set the authoring mode to "Blu-ray" (standard is "DVD"). There, you can set the dimensions to 720p or up to a full hd resolution. The menus you create in this project will be HD as well.

If your project is set to DVD, there's no way you can have a high density menu in it because you can't go higher than your common NTSC or PAL-resolution (a video dvd wouldn't be able to play that).

4. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    What version of Encore do you have? I think only CS4 can do it but I may be wrong. (burn Blu-Ray that is)

5. Joel_K

Aug 22, 2007
    That's what's weird. My project is set to Blu-Ray, 1280x720, H.264 codec, 23.976fps. Still, whenever I make a new menu, it's 720x480.

CS4.

6. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    Hmm, that's weird. I can't check myself in Encore before tomorrow, but maybe looking through the program's preferences will help you. Maybe there's a setting for how new menus are created?

7. Joel_K

Aug 22, 2007
    Yeah, I've been looking all over the program but I can't seem to find anything. Thanks for checking it out! :)

8. Joel_K

Aug 22, 2007
    Alrighty! I figured it out. I had to create a blank 1280x720 image in Photoshop and saved it as a PSD. Then imported it into Encore as a Menu. And Voila! HD menu.

Thanks for the help though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.