main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creating Star Wars Mods: Anyone Interested?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by TheTK421, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    One thing I really think we need to do is take baby steps. As a group we still don't know each other very well. Some very small projects need to be done first so we can learn how to work together.

TK, with your permission, I'd like to create a proboads message board where we can organize ourselves properly. A place where we can get to know each other, and brainstorm together. I think it would be more functional than just this one thread. Do you approve?

2. TheTK421

TheTK421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    About to do the same! Please, go ahead and do so!

Take care,
    TheTK421

3. Darth_Ded

Darth_Ded Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    I am your mo... erm... I mean I am your Father. TheTK421, come to the dark side. You and me can start by ruling this entire site if you make me a mod. (please buddy!?)

4. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Becarefull, he's a sith!!

just kiddin' :)

5. JediGaven

JediGaven Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2004
    Sorry for not replin', guys...

Woah, lots has changed in 14 hours...

I'll send an e-mail to you, TK.

BTW, if anyone needs to e-mail me, my adress is Evolution_Mystery@yahoo.com -- not the one in my profile. That one is old. And unactivated.

6. TheTK421

Jun 14, 2005
    Got your email!

Currently I think that the Light/Dark points should be converted to Rebel/Imperial. While being an OT Jedi could be interesting, it just really doesn't "fit".

7. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    Why not? You can let the player be Luke Skywalker, and continiue the story after ROTJ. the we make oure own story after that movie, we don't use the story from 7,8 and 9. Then you can let the player find new Jedi to train. Just an idea.

Because in kotor you see the playerslowly turning from light to dark. how would we suppose to do this with Imps and Rebs?

8. TheTK421

Jun 14, 2005
    I don't really want to use an established character for the main role. I could see you meeting some of the people from time to time, but playing as one would be too restrictive. For the Dark/Light Side of the Force and the Dark/Light Side points, they could be turned into Good/Evil, if not Imperial/Rebel, but with the PC not a Jedi, Dark/Light really is not very useful.

9. darth2019

darth2019 Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    Cool i wanna be a mod [face_praying] [face_praying] :-B

10. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    S0000OOOOooooooooooooooooooooo..................... [face_thinking]

When do we start!? :rolleyes:

11. TheTK421

Jun 14, 2005
    I will be writing up a basic plot/outline as soon as I can and I will be shooting it out via email (or PM) to the writing staff so we can get started on that. Would it be against forum policies to request concept art assistance in the Fan Art forum?

Take care,
    TheTK421

12. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Would it be against forum policies to request concept art assistance in the Fan Art forum?

I dont think so. Try it, worst that could happen would that your thread could be locked

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Maybe you should also get the lit forum guys to read over your plot to ensure it fits ito the continuity OK? [face_mischief]

14. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey if you're having trouble finding modders here that are skilled and willing to give the time to this project, maybe look around some of the modding forums on the net, like massassi.net and commandchamber.net (is that even still around?) and some others. There are some really gifted people out there, and sometimes they are willing to lend a hand to projects. It never hurts to try anyway. :)

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Before doing that, get a few things sorted you can present. Game being modded, general plot, number of levels / new characters needed etc. Don't just go in blind trying to solicit recruits for a total-conversion on modding boards, the results won't be pretty.

16. Arotas_Starlight

Arotas_Starlight Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    I would also be interested in developing story/characters/diologue. I'm an aspiring writer and I am currently working on a full length novel (fanfic of course, but it does fit into to the universe so you never know...)

17. JediGaven

JediGaven Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2004
    "Maybe you should also get the lit forum guys to read over your plot to ensure it fits ito the continuity OK?

Don't worry.

I've pretty much got this covered. I'm study SW like it's a class in college.

18. TheTK421

Jun 14, 2005
    Right now, I am trying to get some concept art done to "persuade" people into joining the mod, and I have wrote, a very basic, barebones opening sequence, and part of the first level. It is in .doc form, so please PM me with your email address if you are interested in getting a copy.

Take care,
    TheTK421

19. TheTK421

Jun 14, 2005
    We are still looking for staff and concept artists! If you are interested please email me at:
    Thetk421@gmail.com
    or PM me and I will awnser any questions you may have about the mod.

Take care,
    TheTK421

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    And, how's progress on this mod shaping up?

21. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    If you need a writer, contact me :)

22. Vader_Sanders

Vader_Sanders Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    you need any ideas for characters or plotline

just tell me

and if you can, update me on whats going on, im really interested in this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.