main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creating the Holiday Special Opening scroll

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ellbobin, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Im gonna give this a try.

It ill included that the rebels have moved base, Han and chewbacca are trying to get home for life day, as Luke and R2D2 try to repair the X wing. Do you think I should include anything about Boba Fett?

2. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    No, as Fett's not a key player in thte show and in fact is not involved in the main adventure at all.

-Paul

3. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Yeah, but he's one of the only good points ;)

I'd make the last line something like: Meanwhile, DARTH VADER grows impatient and employs more thorough means in finding the Rebels...

[face_mischief] {||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    The Boba Fett cartoon is the only decent thing about the Holiday Special. Everything else is pure crap.
    I can't believe that anybody actual takes "The Holiday Special" seriously. It's kind of fun to watch to laugh at the stupdity of it all and to fall down laughing at Carrie Fisher's pitiful attempt at singing, but as a serious part of the Star Wars Universe----give me a break.

But here is my version of the opening Scroll

It is a time of bad entertainment in the Galaxy.
    Jedi Lucas, temporary seized by the Dark Side,allowed his beloved charecters to be captured by evil Network TV Programmers and used to push the networks latest crap under the cover of a Holiday special. The show is written by hacks under control of the Sith, and is designed to make the forces of the Rebellion appear like dweebs and morons, and have caused Princess Lea to suffer from the mad delusion that she can sing.
    The forces of good hope that Jedi Lucas will recover from this insantiy and never allow it to happen again...

5. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    I am a fan.

6. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    This is a cool idea. Are you talking just text or are you gonna make a real scroll video?

7. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    All right, I'll give it a shot...

THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL

As the Empire struggles to maintain
    order following the loss of the Death
    Star, the Rebel Alliance successfully
    flees Yavin Base and hides in the far
    reaches of the galaxy.

Charged with finding and punishing the
    Rebels, Darth Vader has blockaded and
    terrorized numerous worlds sympathetic
    to the freedom fighters, including the
    Wookiee homeworld of KASHYYYK.

Risking all in the name of family,
    Chewbacca has asked Han Solo to help
    him brave the blockading fleet and
    return home to his father, wife and
    child in time to celebrate LIFE DAY...

8. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Wow, that's a great opening scroll! Actually makes me wanna watch it :)

9. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    I wanna make it. Im still toying with how though.

10. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    It is a time of bad entertainment in the Galaxy.
    Jedi Lucas, temporary seized by the Dark Side,allowed his beloved charecters to be captured by evil Network TV Programmers and used to push the networks latest crap under the cover of a Holiday special. The show is written by hacks under control of the Sith, and is designed to make the forces of the Rebellion appear like dweebs and morons, and have caused Princess Lea to suffer from the mad delusion that she can sing.
    The forces of good hope that Jedi Lucas will recover from this insantiy and never allow it to happen again...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. STRIKE

STRIKE Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2004
    What on Earth is life day?

12. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Basically, kind of a Wookiee Thanksgiving/Christmas.

I take it you haven't seen the Holiday Special?

13. dudalb

Jun 14, 2001
    Everybody should see the Holiday Special once, just to prove to themsleves that evil exists in the universe. But if anybody watches it more then once they have got to have mashochsitic tendacies....
    And I cannot, despite much thought, understand how anybody can take this piece of Drek seriously. It's not even that much fun from a "So Bad it's Entertaining" viewpoint. It's unintentionally funny for about five minutes, but after that it's pure hell except for the Boba Fett cartoon. And that Cartoon isn't really that good,it's just seems like "Citizen Kane" and "Lawrence of Arabia" and "Empire Strikes Back" compared to the rest of the special.
    I still wonder what Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, both very good singers, though about Carrie Life Day Song...

14. Jedi_Master_Jones

Jedi_Master_Jones Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2004
    You gotta put Episode IV.V at the top of the scroll

15. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    Your opening scrolls are much better than Holiday Special itself. :)

16. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    That last post was better than the Holiday Special 8-}

17. dudalb

Jun 14, 2001
    Watching Paint Dry is better then the Holiday special. At least it does not cause nausea like the special had been known to do.

18. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    One of the writers of the Holiday Special was Pat Proft who went on to be a writer/producer for the Naked Gun and Hot Shots! movies. That explains ALOT!!!

19. dudalb

Jun 14, 2001
    George Lucas's name is noticably absent from the Holiday special. He is listed as having a writing credit in the IMDB, but I have a feeling that he took one look at this drek and had his named removed, and I can't blame him there.
    Proft being involved does explain a lot, except the Naked Gun actually has some funny stuff, which is noticably lacking in the Holiday pecial.

20. dudalb

Jun 14, 2001
    BTW Proft has just produced Police Academy 8, so be afraid, be very afraid.....

21. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    You gotta put Episode IV.V at the top of the scroll

Not necessarily. It's 1978, and Star Wars hasn't even received its' Episode IV moniker yet. Now if somebody was to go and spruce the HS up with CGI for an SE I'd consider it... ;)

And as far I know, George Lucas's one-and-only writing contribution to the Holiday Special was the Boba Fett cartoon, to serve as an intro to the character and a teaser for the upcoming TESB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.