main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Creation Con Table Schedule

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Marric_Korde, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I guess I'll start this

If you are going to this Con and can work the table post here when you are going and what times you can work. As of right now there are NO free passes, hopefully we can update that on friday.

Fri. 12-6
    Sat. 11-6
    Sun. 10-6

Fri.- I will be there all day
    Sat.- will cover as needed
    Sun.- will cover as needed

2. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    I can be pretty flexible with hours for Friday and Sunday. Obviously, I'd like some time to walk the Con so I was figuring if some members had tighter schedules, I'll work around them.

How long are the shifts going to be? Or do we first need a firm head count of who is coming, so we know how to break up the schedule???

3. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm thinking head count first then slots, I will work the table to cover all open slots.

4. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Boba and I will make ourselves available at any time on Saturday and possibly could fill in if needed on Sunday but Saturday is better. Boba will want time to shop but we could fill in on and off as needed. We plan on paying anyway. :)

5. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I'm available Saturday and Sunday.

6. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    George and I will be available all day Saturday. Just give us some time to browse and eat! :-B

7. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I can be there Saturday for sure, starting around 11:30/Noon (I'm coming by bus from Davis/Woodland area). I can start once I get there, I just ask that I can have some time off to see the Peter Mayhew/Jeremy Bulloch panel, yet I understand us being a Star Wars group, every one of us are going to want to go to that panel (unless someone else is planning to attend it Sunday). However, if that doesn't work out for all of us (maybe we can draw straws or maybe even lightsabers or something,LOL) then I would just ask to have time off to go to the auction at 3:50. Other than that, just give me an hour or so to look around the dealers room. The rest of the time I'm flexible. However, I need to leave by 5 because I need to take the bus back to Davis/Woodland (Yolo buses do not run as long on the weekends) unless someone can give me a ride back to one of those two places.

--Jedi DarkNight

8. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    Hey all.

I am sorry to say that George and I will not be able to make it this weekend. Please accept our most sincere apologies, we were so looking forward to meeting up with everyone again this weekend. :_|

9. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] I will be there, and I can help with set up also?

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Due to spending some time in the hospital this morning and not knowing what type of booth we have yet, I won't be bringing all the stuff to set up the big booth tomorrow morning. However, I will be bringing down the normal stuff. Then Marric and I will assess what we need after that.

11. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Hello there, do to having low funds this month, I cannot make it to the Convention... Please say hello to everyone for me? I am looking foward to attending the Ren Faire next Month though...

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Are we going to have enough people to cover this??

We need people to cover Saturday and Sunday. Looks as if Marric and I will be putting in lots of hours on this one.

Silicon next year

13. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, we have a lot of hours to cover. I would also like the see the Mayhew/Bullock panel one of the days, especially after having to pay $50 for 2 days admission. It's the only interesting Star Wars thing happening.

14. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I have School 1230pm-730pm on Friday.
    I work 6pm-1130pm on Saturday.
    I work like 10am - 7pm on Sunday.

Theoretically, I could show up sometime on Saturday, but I've no transportation arranged, and I'd basically be working the table and maybe squeezing some actual con time in for $25... sorry guys, but paying to work the table when I'm going to have a cruddy shift that night and then work early the next day is just not something I'd be enthusiastic about doing. :(

I didn't request the time off, and I'm not going to burden anyone with driving to and from the convention across town just so I can come and go as I need to... that's just dumb. 8-}

-TJ (The Vagrant Rogue)

15. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    With the response and lack of commitment to the convention, we need to rethink doing conventions. It is the same people over and over and some are getting tired of being the ones to always step up. So I would say we really need to discuss and decide what direction are we going in. Just doing the fun stuff and meetings and hope other find us or actively working to increase membership. Not a big deal to decide but we need to decide.

I know that poor Marric is pulling out what little hair he has at this point. It is hard to try to put together a schedule with people saying they will be there that day and not provide a time frame. I think he needs to start doing a schedule and it is up to members to arrange to cover their shift. I think the volunteering is what is just not working.

Marric,
    If you have to many people for Saturday, put us down for Sunday. I can only do one day this convention. We will be available from opening to closing if necessary so put us where you need us so that you aren't worried about those times. I just need a break to get a bite and Boba will want to check out the vendors.

Marric & LDV
    I have the raffle containers and candy containers that Jedidoria will be needing for the table. Do we need raffle tickets? How do I meet up with someone to transfer. I also have 2 table cloths and skirts from C4 that I couldn't return. Call me on my cell after 1:00 if you need me as I will be leaving work but not at home. :)

16. Womprat429

Womprat429 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2006
    I am so broke these days I can hardly pay attention. I guess I won't be going to the convention then, because I definitely don't have the cash. Have fun kids!

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Actually its free to get in where we are and the vendor's hall. Upstairs where the panels are cost money, but where we are, it's free.

Thanks ro Marric for fighting the Klingons (and I am not joking) for securing our table. Thanks JediDoria and Russell for showing up and helping with the table. It was very nice hanging out with all of you. Tomorrow's crowd should be the biggest.

18. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    It looks like right now the only people working the table tomorrow are LDV, Leia?, and Myself.

As LDV stated they made the vendor hall free and our table is right next to the door and is also free to get to so anyone that wants to come and check things out and maybe work the table for an hour is more than welcome.

and those that can't make Sat. can always try Sun.

Saturday- open(12pm)-close(6pm)

Sunday- open(10am)-close(6pm)

come anytime and we'll use you to work the table, I would also like to thank [:D][face_praying] JD, Russ, and LDV[face_praying] [:D] for coming out today and allowing me to run off for an hour or so.I love this stuff and would do it all day everyday if I could.

Oh yeah before I forget If you have a costume and would like to wear it please feel free to do so (the kids love it, and so the adults;) )

19. Womprat429

Dec 15, 2006
    Okay then, I guess I misunderstood. I already took an extra work shift for tomorrow but I will figure out a time I can work the table for sunday.

20. Womprat429

Dec 15, 2006
    Actually I think I'm just gonna show up at 10am Sunday and either hang out or work the table or whatever anyone needs, unless someone needs me to cover a certain shift.

21. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Are you kidding me? Free? Now that is something this poor family can afford. When Zam13 gets up we'll be discussing which is the best day. Sounds like Saturday is needed more, so we'll see what we can do. It is a school work day for Dillon, but maybe he can switch his schedule around.

22. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    As I have been saying, Boba and I will be there today also. For as long as needed. So we need to make sure Sunday is covered. :)

23. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    Okay then. I will talk to Zam13 and DarthDikum about Sunday. It would be in the afternoon. Their lazy butts are not out of bed yet. :p

24. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    Okay, the DarthDikum family will be there Sunday afternoon. We can spend a couple of hours in the booth. Not sure of exact time yet. Estimate would be about 1 or 2 o'clock.

25. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    I'll be there Sunday all day.

I'm sure the crew is there having a good time as I type this...I'm sad I can't be there today!:_| I think we should continue to try to do this stuff if we can -- it is really a lot of fun (coming from someone who has never been to a Con before CIV). I agree, Nasus, that if a schedule is made before-hand with times on it, it'll be easier to plug people in and get a firm committment. In fairness though, I think this Con had some organization issues of it's own (meaning the Creation people -- not us), and I am just really appreciative that Marric stuck with it and made it happen. I had a good time with the Trekkies behind us, and the Stormtroopers in front of us. Interesting stuff...we even got some redneck jedi jokes and some SW karaoke, and I think I was only spit on once or twice. Doesn't get much better than that...

See you all tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.