main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Creation Convention Sacramento - 9/28-9/30 (Star Wars, BSG & Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I know some of us are not only Star Wars fans, but Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek fans!

It is a slight drive, but maybe some of you would be interested in checking out this convention in Sacramento.

Creation Fan Conventions - 20th Anniversary of Star Trek TNG, Star Wars 30th Anniversary & Battlestar Galactica

SACRAMENTO, CA
    Fri., Sat. & Sun. September 28 - 30, 2007
    Doubletree Hotel Sacramento
    2001 Point West Way

Special Guests:

JONATHAN FRAKES
    Commander William T. Riker in
    Next Generation

MARINA SIRTIS
    Counselor Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation

KATEE SACKOFF
    Captain Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace in Battlestar Galactica - Saturday

JAMIE BAMBER
    Captain Lee 'Apollo' Adama in Battlestar Galactica - Saturday
    GEORGE TAKEI
    Sulu in the original Star Trek and feature films, and currently starring as a Howard Stern sidekick on Sirius radio and of course a new starring recurring role on the huge hit series HEROES! Congratulations George!

ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL
    Tom Paris in Voyager

JEREMY BULLOCH
    Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

PETER MAYHEW
    Chewbacca in Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

2. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    This looks interesting since I am a fan of all these series. Might have to drive north for this.

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Looks very interesting indeed.

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    *bump*

5. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    Hello All,

If any of you are able to make this Con, we will have a table and would be more than willing to have some flyers for your group on the table.

6. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Good possibility I will be too tired from Vegas or nursing a gunshot wound... or both. [face_cowboy] No one ever uses this face... I'm gonna!

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Ming, I thought your Vegas plans were for the weekend before this. :confused:

8. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I hope to see a lot of you up here for this one. I miss my friends from the Bay!

9. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Since Katee didn't make it to D*Con, I'm more interested in checking this out (I hope she doesn't have to cancel the Creation Ent. convention too).

I also want to check with some of my fellow BSG fans to see if they will be attending. I hear that some people have been encouraged to boycott this convention due to the way that it is run (both fans and celebs get a little upset with the way it's been handled in the past apparently).

10. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm thinking about going on Saturday. Part of it might depend on how much money I have after Ren Faire.

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Same here.

12. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    OMG! I love Starbuck & Apollo! I'm definitely going on Saturday![face_dancing]

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Then I suggest you check and see if there's a separate charge for their autographs/photos, Gale (if that's what you want).

We can discuss carpools for everyone at the meeting.

14. Ms_Skywalker

Jun 17, 2005
    I'll pay to take a picture with them ESPECIALLY Lee Odama (Apollo)! :D

15. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I hear that creation is NOT good about allowing fans to take photos with the celebs when getting autographs. They have even tried to discourage the celebs from chatting with the fans or personalizing the autographs. It sucks. But sometimes the celebs buck the system and just ignore the rules.

Dragon*Con used to be great about allowing people to take photos with the celebs when you got an autograph (up to the celebrities discretion of course). This year they set up some lame thing where you'd have to make an appointment to take a photo with them for a whopping 30 dollars. So, we decided not to do that with Jamie. Instead, when we were getting our autograph, we just had someone stand to the side and take a photo of us chatting with Jamie. He was such a gentleman. He shook everyone's hand and took time to have a conversation with each fan. My friend Maggie kept saying all weekend long "Jamie Bamber shook my hand!" and then I'd say "He shook my hand too!" LOL!

I'm working on all the photos - I'll post a link to the BSG and Star Trek photos when I'm done!

16. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    They are charging a seperate fee for photos. Its on the website for the event. I agree that its lame that they charge you like $20 for an autograph and another $20 for a photo.

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

As I said... I maybe too tired from my trip and possibly nursing a gun shot wound(s). We're going to Sin City heavy armed and no supervision. I may need a little vacation from my vacation.

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Some conventions will have a separate photo-op where the photos are taken by a professional and cost $20+. However, at the same time, it may or may not rule out the possibility of a personal photo snapped with your own camera by a friend when you're getting the autograph. At least, that's the way it is out at Starfest in Denver...

Hm. If other people from here are going, I might think about going with you guys on Sat.

19. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    It was actually an additional 30 for a photo op at Dragon*Con. We were not happy, since it had never been done that way in the past. It actually made some fans not want to get autographs because they were being refused the opportunity to take a photo with the celeb at that time. And it also made us feel like they were milking the fans for all of their money.

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Milking the fans for all their money... why does that sound so familiar... [face_thinking]

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
  22. Ms_Skywalker

Jun 17, 2005
    You are so lucky Kathy! That's a good idea, maybe I can get one of our guys to take a photo while he's signing an autograph. I can't wait to see him and Starbuck![face_dancing]

23. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Gail - since you are both a Battlestar fan and a Star Trek fan you might enjoy these photos we took at Dragon*Con.

http://sffanforce.com/gallery/d-con07/panel/index.htm

I really hope both Jamie and Katee are at the Sacramento convention!

24. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    Last time I checked both were still scheduled to appear, I'm hoping to see and meet a few of you guys at this Con.

25. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I will probably go on Sunday as that is the scheduled day for BSG guests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.