main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Creation Convention Sacramento - 9/28-9/30 (Star Wars, BSG & Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    Hopefully some of you will stop by our table and say Hi.

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Ah! I knew it! Tamoh is taking Jamie's place. Hopefully Katee will not have to cancel too.

So, originally Saturday was going to be BSG day. Now it is Sunday. Hum... I will have to see if my sister doesn't mind a house guest on Saturday night. Now I want to attend both days! Saturday wear Star Wars, Sunday BSG duty blues!

But wait, it seems Friday is Star Wars guest day, Saturday Star Trek, and Sunday BSG. That figures :(

3. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Thnks Kathy! So it sounds like Helo (Tamoh) take Aollo's place? That's cool cause I LOVE HIME TOO! [face_love]
    I'm gonna plan to go on Sunday instead.

4. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I will definatly try to go now. I actually like Helo better than Lee.

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    So is anyone else planning on going on Saturday? I wanted to see if someone wanted to carpool to save on gas expenses.

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Rach and I are going on Sunday.

7. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    So far right now, I do plan to go on Saturday. But I'm staying in Sacramento so you can't car pool with me ;) Are you wearing a Star Wars costume on Saturday Matt? The TIE Pilot is so cumbersome, I'm not sure if I'd want to bring it and then risk leaving the helmet in a warm car (no way I'm wearing a helmet all day) Or do I go Rebel style?

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll be Anakin from 12 - 3, and TI from 3 - 6. I believe Mark from CCG said that there will be a changing area for 501st.

9. Ms_Skywalker

Jun 17, 2005
    Sean, Zero, Callisto and Yours Truly will be there on Sunday![face_dancing]

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, it looks like I won't be going after all. :( Have fun, guys!

Kathy, I can send you the file for our flyer to put on the SVRF table if you want.

11. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    Of course the offer still stands, for your flyers.

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, sorry you can't make it Matt! Sure, sent me the file for the flier.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I'll be in SJ for a b-day party that may get out of hand. No gun shot wound to report of but I did graze the hostage. Gave him a small hair cut but nailed the bad guy. Now that's skill :p

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm still trying to decide whether to go out to this on Sunday or not. I think it would be fun to see the BSG people, but on the other hand, it's a bit of a long drive to Sac from the south bay for a day event - about 2 hours each way going directly from home and added half hour if I were to detour up through SF to carpool partway with people there. That's 4-5 car hours to see a little over an hour of a BSG panel. [face_thinking] From the schedule, it looks like there isn't a lot else going on, besides some music videos and some Star Trek appearances? :confused: (Well, and the two SW people, but I've seen Peter Mayhew before.)

15. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, I hope you come Alison! I also want to get Katee's autograph. It may be the only time I'd ever have the chance, since I don't attend the BSG conventions.

I'd offer to car pool with you, but I think I may have already stated I'm going to my sister's for the weekend since she lives just outside Sacramento.

16. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I think I'm going to have to pass on the convention. :( It would have been fun to see the panel, but I wasn't planning on getting an autograph so I don't have that additional motivating factor. When I add up the time traveling vs my to-do list for other things this weekend, it just doesn't balance out enough. I hope you guys have a lot of fun, though, and be sure to take some pictures!

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    So, how was it? Pics?

Here are some pics of the GGG/CCG:

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery/album07?page=1

18. Ms_Skywalker

Jun 17, 2005
    All I can say is Whooodihooo! [face_dancing]

Seeing Starbuck and Helo was so awesome and getting their autograph too!

We ran into Counselor Troi walking down the hall (by accident I swear we weren't stalking her) she's so beautiful!

I'll have to tell you guys in person what exactly happened when I saw Helo outside the hotel...let's just say I slammed by breaks, spilled coffee and screamed at the top of my lungs and he HEARD me and look at our car (windows closed!)
    Definitely an event to remember!

BSG rulllleeeezzzzzzzz:cool:

19. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Harlock415/Creation%20Con%20BSG%2007/
    So say we all!

20. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    It was totally worth the drive to see Sackhoff (who is actually very girly girl) and Penikett, and to see Penikett on his way to the Elephant Bar - but not worth it to get my ears jacked up by some crazy fan of a sister who could not multitask and continue to drive while screaming "Helo" at the same time. BTW, he is mine!!! You take that girly boy Apollo.

We also enjoyed stalking, errrrr, I mean running into, Sirtis on her way out of her hotel room with a Fed Ex package. She looked great! I am so bummed I missed Frakes though. Man, I wanted to marry a big tall white man just like Riker when I was like 10 years old... OK, OK... 31 too. <sheepish>

21. Ms_Skywalker

Jun 17, 2005
    Damn right!

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    My photos are just about done uploading to the GGG web site.

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery-members/creationcon?page=1

It was really nice of the 501st to include their Rebel "Friends and Family" in the group photo with Peter and Jeremy. I didn't expect that! And it was certainly nice of Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bulloch to come outside for a moment to take the group photo with us!

Seeing Tamoh and Katee was great! Although, I do have a major complaint about how Creation runs the autograph line for the special guests (you know, the ones we have to pay a nice pre-paid ticket fee for). I see no reason why they have to have the autographs take place in the same ballroom as the panels for the day. This puts a huge time restriction on the autographs because they are trying to rush us out in order to keep on schedule with the panels taking place in the same room!!! I think it is ridiculous that we were told not to speak to the actor or ask for a name personalization. My photo was slid over to Katee, she didn't even have time to look up and say 'hello'. It was signed and I picked it up. It's not like this is a huge convention like Comic-Con or C4. It is the smallest con I've ever been to actually! I felt like I might as well have gotten my autograph off of ebay. Or as Aaron Douglas ("Chief") once put it... they might as well have been in another room or behind the stage curtain signing a stack of photos to hand out to us.

On the up side, the autograph tables in the dealer room were much more relaxed. We chatted with Richard Kiel ("Jaws" from Moonraker) - and people were able to chat with Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bulloch without a problem.

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks for the pics, Kathy. Who's gonk droid was that, and who's the Anakin? I could've given him a SOTS business card.

24. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Dunno - I'm assuming the Gonk was brought by the CCG. And I'm pretty sure the Anakin is a CCG member. So, maybe Bridget has the answers you seek ;)

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Don't forget to catch Katee on Bionic Woman, tonight at 9 pm on NBC. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.