main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Creation Entertainment's Sci-Fi Summit

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello Friends,
    In the latest SW INSIDER, there's a full page ad for the Grand Slam XI - The Sci-Fi Summit in Pasadena, March 28-30.
    I live in Pasadena, and I definitely want to go! I visited their website, and I'm a little confused on how they operate. Has anyone gone to these conventions before? I think it used to be primarily a Star Trek convention. Anyway, the questions I have are: Do you need to purchase admission tickets in advance? Do you need to purchase autograph coupons in advance too? Is it like other conventions where the celebs sit at tables and you just give them your money and the item you want autographed or is it different? Also how big is the Star Wars representation?
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably wear my Jedi costume, like I do to most other SW events. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Generally speaking, it will make your life easier if you purchase the tickets in advanced. Most conventions will give you a cheaper price if you buy the three day pass, versus the individual.

Most of the convetions have you purchase tickets insides for the autographs. Then, you wait in line for 12 hours, and have David Prowse sign your purchased photo, or your old Kenner action figure. I kid you not, at SW Celebration II, some people spent all 12-14 hours waiting for Carrie Fisher.

According to the advertisement, there are a
    good amount of SW celebs. there. From memory, I recall David Prowse and Jeremy Bullock. It seems like it is a general sci-fi convention, but SW will have a strong preference.

If you love autogrphs, get there early and get a place in line. The big names generally get longer lines there. I was thinking about waiting for Buffy (the Vampire slayer) and asking her if I could buy her a beer, and come home with me. (that is a joke) ;)

3. cloneddarklord

cloneddarklord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I heard she likes guys in "RED"!! ;)
    But then again she has not been with guys in "Black"! You know what they say about guys in "Black" (That's a joke too)

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Several members of the SDSWS will be in attendance, along with members of the SoCal 501st. Here is a list of the Star Wars actors that will be present. If any of you are planning to attend, please post here and maybe we can have a combined LA/OC/San Diego fanforce dinner somewhere in Pasadena.

Here are the Star Wars actors that will be appearing:

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia - Saturday) in a super-rare genre appearance
    David Prowse (Darth Vader - Saturday)
    Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca - Sunday)
    Kenny Baker (R2D2 - Sunday)
    Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian - Sunday)
    Garrick Hagon ("Biggs" - Saturday)
    Warwick Davis (Wicket the Ewok, Willow in "Willow", Leprechaun in the franchise, "Wald" in Episode One of Star Wars, Harry Potter's Flitwick - Saturday)
    Margo Apostolos (Ewok in "Return of the Jedi" - Saturday)
    Mike Quinn (Nien Numb from "Return of the Jedi" - Saturday)
    Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett - Sunday)
    Maria D'Aragon (Greedo - Sunday)
    David Barclay (chief puppeteer for Jabba - Sunday)
    Zachariah Jensen (Jedi Knight Kit Fisto from Ep. 2 - Sunday)
    Mercedes Ngoh (Rystall - Jabba's Dancer)
    Silas Carson (Nute Gunray, head of the Trade Federation in Episodes 1 and 2. Also played Ki Adi Mundi from episode 1)

5. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I'll be going..
    It sounds like a nice idea to meet up for dinner :)

6. jedilona

Nov 18, 2000
    It's been updated..
    I believe one or two actors won't be able to make it due to prior commitments..
    There is also update information on admission prices.

7. MyreAlonde

MyreAlonde Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2002
    Dude, Kit Fisto's gonna be there?!? I'm soooooo going.

8. jedilona

Nov 18, 2000
    Updates to admission(general admission prices have been added)..
    Some of the actors will now be there all three days..
    Check the site for the specifics :)

9. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I just spoke with the ticket lady in Glendale re: Grand Slam in Pasadena.
    March 28-30. 12 PM to 6 PM. :( :(

Good news: You can buy general admission tickets for 32.00 per day, in advance.
    37.00 at the door. I asked about any group rate...etc, she said no dice. Period.

You can buy on-line,(only option) here is a link, click on Pasadena.
    http://www.creationent.com/calendar_frame.htm

I think it would be awesome if OC, San Diego and LA Fan Force had a formal dinner after. I would be interested. Down the line, I will create a new thread that our OC and SD fans can post on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.