main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Creative Differences (one-shot, humor, 100+ years post-RotJ; R2-D2)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AngelQueen, Oct 11, 2005.

1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Title: Creative Differences
    Author: AngelQueen
    Timeframe: 100+ Years Post-RotJ
    Characters: Artoo-Detoo, Shaman of the Whills
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords: Whills, Writing
    Summary: Not everyone agrees on the finer points of writing a story.
    Notes: I was bored when I wrote this. I tend to be a little... erm, insane, when I get bored. ;)

Meanwhile, many fans know of the comment made by the Great Flanneled One about how the events in the films were supposed to be retold by Artoo to the Shaman of the Whills so that they could be placed into the Journal of the Whills. This is, largely, what spawned this little conversation.

That and I'm a little strange. ;)

--

"Once upon a time-"

"Is that the best you can do?"

"What's wrong with it?"

"It's childish. Master Anakin would be most displeased with it."

"Anakin Skywalker was displeased with many things. Look where that got him."

"It sounds like the opening to The Little Lost Bantha Cub. Captain Solo would not like it either."

"Han Solo was not a writer."

"And you are?"

"You're the one who came to me!"

"I was sent! They told me you would present the story accurately! Not as some sort of children's fairytale!"

"I liked you better when all you did was whistle and beep at people. You weren't as loud and insufferable, like your counterpart."

"Thank Ben Skywalker's youngest son. He's the one who developed the translator and configured it to my systems."

"I always knew that boy would be trouble."

"All of the members of the Skywalker family are trouble. Whether they carry the name or not."

"On that, my metal friend, we agree. Now, shall I begin again?"

"Sure. Just don't make it sound ridiculous."

"Yes, sir droid. Now... 'In the days of old -'"

"It wasn't that long ago! We are not talking about the times when the Old Republic was being formed! Leia Organa Solo only died a few years ago!"

"Who is writing this?! You or me?"

"I thought a Shaman of the Whills was supposed to be writing this, the largely-famed keepers of the great Journal of the Whills! Apparently, however, I have been directed to a defunct fool who attempts to tell clichéd children's stories!"

"This is ludicrous! I am trying to record the events of the fall of the Old Republic and everything that followed, yes?"

"Yes."

"Then it stands to reason that I should begin with something that sets the Force-forsaken timeframe for the readers!"

"But they all sound hideous!"

"... Master droid? I rather find myself tired from this. Why do you not retire for now and recharge your circuits? I believe you are in the process of running low on power, are you not?"

"I suppose so?"

"Good! The handmaiden outside will lead you to one of our chambers then."

"Yes... yes of course. Very well then."

"Excellent... 'A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away -'"

"NO!"

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  3. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] Very cute! Love the title!

?Yes? yes of course. Very well then.?
    ?Excellent? ?A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away -??
    ?NO!?

[face_laugh] Perfect ending!

4. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ccp: [face_laugh]

*giggles* I'm glad you found this amusing. ;)

jedi_of_ennth: [face_laugh] Very cute! Love the title!

:D Thank you! :)

?Yes? yes of course. Very well then.?
    ?Excellent? ?A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away -??
    ?NO!?

[face_laugh] Perfect ending!

*laughs* I particularly liked writing that part myself! :D The Shaman had to come up with something! ;)

Thanks to you both for replying! :)

AQ

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh, my goodness.

I love it. [face_laugh] [face_mischief][face_dancing][:D]:D

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time! Absolutely perfect! I usually don't like very short stuff, but that was perfect in length, as well.

Thanks for brightening my day! [:D]

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, this is great! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?All of the members of the Skywalker family are trouble. Whether they carry the name or not.?

LMAO...that's certainly the truth!! I love that R2!

Awesome job! =D=

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hilarious! I loved it! [face_laugh]

8. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Jedi_Jaina_Durron: Oh, my goodness.

I love it.

:) Thank you!

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time! Absolutely perfect! I usually don't like very short stuff, but that was perfect in length, as well.

Thanks for brightening my day!

You're very welcome! :D I'm glad you got a laugh out of this! :D

ginchy: Oh, this is great!

?All of the members of the Skywalker family are trouble. Whether they carry the name or not.?

LMAO...that's certainly the truth!! I love that R2!

Awesome job!

:D Truer words have never been spoken! :D R2 was such a blast to write for! It was great to hear his voice! :)

VaderLVR64: Hilarious! I loved it!

Thank you! :D

AQ

9. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *bumps*

10. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

AQ, babe, you're always a little bit insane, but we love you anyway. ;) What a great little vignette. :D It sounds just like Artoo - and Artoo with a translator! :eek: He would be just as bad as Threepio, in his own way. :p Love it, darling. [:D]

11. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Gabri: AQ, babe, you're always a little bit insane, but we love you anyway.

*giggles* That's wonderful to know! [:D]

What a great little vignette. It sounds just like Artoo - and Artoo with a translator! He would be just as bad as Threepio, in his own way. Love it, darling.

Thanks, dearest! This little piece of dialogue came to me within the space of a few minutes, and I felt as though I had achieved something witty. ;) :D

AQ

12. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    This was too funny, AQ. Loved the part that Ben's son actually helped Artoo to speak. Wonderfully hilarious!

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, R2D2 not only has a voice but attitude! I like that. No wonder niether Anakin nor Luke gave him a translator. LOL

Funny fic!

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

For awhile there I thought the other droid was 3PO...it sure sounded like him.

Great job

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. Nightflower

Nightflower Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love it! Sounds just like ol' Artoo...I'm surprised they didn't get into an argument about assigned writing credits and merchandising rights! [face_laugh]

I could imagine a sequel (hint, hint) where Artoo complains that the Shaman is not recounting Artoo's MANY "heroic deeds" to his liking... :D

Nightflower @};-

16. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Rev: This was too funny, AQ. Loved the part that Ben's son actually helped Artoo to speak. Wonderfully hilarious!

*grins* Thanks, Rev. When I wrote that part, I was thinking that from Anakin downward, each of the Skywalker men have added something to that droid's bag of tricks. I figured, sooner or later, one of them would add a translator. :D That was a great image in my mind. ;)

Healer_Leona: Wow, R2D2 not only has a voice but attitude! I like that. No wonder niether Anakin nor Luke gave him a translator. LOL

[face_laugh] Well, we've all known that Artoo has an attitude just from his many conversations with Threepio. I.E.:

"Beeooep squawk!"

"You watch your language!"

Funny fic!

Thank you! [face_blush]

KELIA: Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away

For awhile there I thought the other droid was 3PO...it sure sounded like him.

Great job

*laughs* Well, I was trying to make him sound a little uptight and offended. After all this is the Shaman! He is the keeper of the Journal of the Whills! Now this little, talking astro-droid is coming in and trying to tell him how to right. I think he'd react a little like Threepio! ;)

Thanks! :)

Nightflower: I love it! Sounds just like ol' Artoo...I'm surprised they didn't get into an argument about assigned writing credits and merchandising rights!

*laughs* I don't think Artoo's even thought that far ahead just yet! He's too busy making sure that the story will be portrayed accurately! ;)

I could imagine a sequel (hint, hint) where Artoo complains that the Shaman is not recounting Artoo's MANY "heroic deeds" to his liking...

Oh my... wouldn't that be an idea... we'll see! Rest assured, if I am inspired, I will most certainly write a little sequel! :)

Thank you everyone! @};- @};- @};- @};-

AQ

17. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
  18. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Oh man! This may be the scariest thing ever...I just posted the beginning of a similar story on the Saga boards...great minds think alike eh? ;)

Great job...all those Skywalkers are trouble indeed!

19. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    TheCrazyRodian: Brilliant!

Thank you! :)

AzulSaber: Oh man! This may be the scariest thing ever...I just posted the beginning of a similar story on the Saga boards...great minds think alike eh?

*laughs* I saw your story and just replied to it a few minutes ago! I was struck by that as well! :D

Great job...all those Skywalkers are trouble indeed!

*snorts* Got that right! :D Always causing trouble for the infinitely more-intelligent astro-droid! ;)

AQ

20. beeurd

beeurd Jedi Master

Apr 1, 2005
    Haha, I love it!

Don't worry, boredom often brings out the best in us, and sanity is highly over-rated anyways ;)

21. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    beeurd: Haha, I love it!

:) [face_blush] Thank you!

Don't worry, boredom often brings out the best in us, and sanity is highly over-rated anyways

*laughs* Too true, too true! ;)

AQ

22. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Reopening thread...