main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creature that says Yoda constantly: 4 people who remember SNES SW games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by General_Calrissian, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Aha! I remember that game.

I too finished it at Dave and Busters (the one over by us has shut down now :( )

Took me about 50 shillings to finish the damn thing. :p

I loved the Lightsaber bits, Boba Fett and Darth Vader, it predates Space Channel 5 in some respects.

'Up! Right! Left! Down! Slash Luke! Slash!'

Ooh, and the Atari Vector Star Wars game, I played on one of those thingies at the Game On expo in London, marvelous thing it was, I've probably got a photo of me on it lurking about somewhere, not that I can be arsed to find it.

2. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I used to get so mad when I missed one of thoe 'slashes' but it was such a fun game. Everytime we go to Disney, we always stop one day in DisneyQuest (Interactive Amusement Park, i.e. Huge Arcade) and I always play it. But I'm out of practice now. :( It takes me at least 1 continue. :mad:

My hubby made it into the top 10 ranking, many times. Even made it to #1 on occasion. But even he's a bit out of practice now. Oh well. Have fun. :)

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The SNES series was damn fun, and challenging. Thing is, they each had that one level that was damn near impossible to beat without using a cheat code.

For ANH- it was that Stormtrooper vehicle in the docking bays, which was impossible to kill unless you had the plasma blaster.

For ESB- The Cloud City Ugnaught stage was damn hard (which is saying alot, since SESB was alot harder overall than the otehr two games).

For ROTJ- The Shield Generator Bunker stage was really hard- which stood out, since that game was pretty easy overall.

SESB is still one the hardest sidescrollers I've ever seen- Cloud particularly.

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade rocks. I visited DisneyQuest one summer, where all arcade games are free with admission (so all ya gotta do is hit a button to continue), so I just sat down at one cabinet and practiced my skills.

I typically could beat that game with $3, sometime $2 if Ithe game's flightstick was calibrated properly.

I can beat the Hoth, Endor, Boba Fett stages on my first play, and sometimes can even make it through Yavin on the same play, but I usually have to continue once on that level. Then I finish Vader off and take on the Battle of Endor, which is where my other continues come from (too many frelling TIE Interceptors!!).

My local theaters' arcade recently brought back the game, so I'm quite happy- though one of the theaters's copy of the game has a miscalibrated joystick, so there's one section of the screen you just cannot fire at, and, unfortunately, that area of the screen just happens to be where one of the 4 targets on the Death Star 2 reactor core is located, so there's no way to complete the game. (and, the "dash" is cracked open, so if you put your coins down on it for your continues, to have them handy, during the course of the game they slide down through the crack and under the plastic "dash", which sabotages your efforts in mid-game naturally [face_batting]

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I finally beat Super ESB! And I also defeated the Emperor in Super ROTJ; now all I gotta do is make it out of the Death Star...

5. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I have SW and TESB for Game Boy. I can get to Leia or the trash compactor area on the Death Star, but not both in the same game :(
    On TESB, I can get to the part on the first Dagobah level with all the swinging vines, but can't get across them. I really wish those games had saves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.