main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creche Masters - A young Obi-Wan fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Daphne, May 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keyla_Kenobi

Keyla_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2000
    Wow! This is FaNTaBuLOstIC! Little Obi is sooooooo cute! And the kid is clever also: "I not do anything An-Paa. He the Master, I listen to QuiGee." I just loved that!! I guess I don't need to say
    Post More Soon!!!!

Keyla Kenobi cool.gif

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Can we have more soon please?

Kithera

3. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Play time, play time, la la la la la la . . . more?

4. Jedi_Daphne

Jedi_Daphne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    Male Bonding
    ::::::::::::
    (part 1)

The sound of crying called out to him.

Walking slowly towards the sound, he listened carefully, both with his ears and with the force. Rounding a corner, Qui-Gon spied the gray cloth of an initiates tunic nestled amongst the bushes.

Kneeling down, he sent a wave of peace in the direction of the small boy. Startled the child looked up into the face of the Jedi Master.

Raising a hand, he wiped at his eyes and sniffled softly before looking up. Even with an absence of 12 long standard months from the Temple, Qui-Gon couldn't fail to recognize the face. Leaner, older, and sadder, but definately Obi-Wan.

Easing the boy from the bushes, Qui-Gon silently guided him towards a shaded bench.

Settling his arm across Obi-Wan's small shoulders, Qui-Gon supressed a flicker of protectiveness in the back of his mind. You shouldn't feel like that. You're not his master.

Gently he turned to Obi-Wan and asked, "Would you like to talk to me, or should I fetch Daia?"

Sniffling again, Obi-Wan tried not to burst into tears again. "No, not her... but I... would you stay MMMaster JJJJinn?"

5. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    YES! More Obi and Qui! YES! MORE MORE MORE POST MORE!!!! please

6. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Awww......that was SO cute! But, what's wrong with Obi? Please post more!!!

7. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Awww......that was SO cute! But, what's wrong with Obi? Please post more!!!

8. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I was so happy to see a new post Jedi_Daphne, a wonderful one at that. I hope we find out what I wrong with sweet little Obi soon.

9. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    How sweet. Since Obi's still too young for some good torture I glad your dosing us with mush.

10. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    No new post???

11. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    Male Bonding
    ::::::::::::
    (part 2)

"Of course I will stay Obi-Wan." Now why did you say that Jinn. You have business to do, and padawan to discipline, a mission to prepare for. There are creche masters for this type of thing.

Silencing the voice in this head, Qui-Gon turned his complete attention to the heartbroken initiate at his side.

"Would you like to tell me what happened?"

Sniffling again, Obi-Wan rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands before looking up at the craggy face above him.

"I just started classes and..." Tears sprang to his eyes anew.

What in the Force can be so painful about initiate classes? He can't be much past the first form...

Ignoring the fact that the arm around him belonged to a respected diplomat and Jedi master rather than one of his creche masters, Obi-Wan buried his face against the rough brown cloth of Qui-Gon's robes.

Once he had calmed down again, Obi-Wan spoke, the muffled voice filtering up from his buried face.

"I just can't do anything right. Bruck said they'd send me away if I don't learn something soon. They won't send me away will they?"

Without pause, Qui-Gon answered with the perfunctory response. "The Jedi send no one away. Some simply have other callings. Perhaps yours is to be a Healer or a farmer. There is no fault in that."

Obi-Wan sat bolt upright. "BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE A HEALER OR A FARMER! I WANT TO BE A JEDI KNIGHT!"

Fear dried his tears as he added, "I'm sorry to have bothered you Master Jinn." Without waiting for reply, Obi-Wan raced from the room.

Qui-Gon could not see the tears running down his face, nor did he see him slip from the Temple entirely.

12. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    UP!

Isn't anyone out there?

13. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Yeah, I am still here and reading. Keep it up!

14. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Lil' Obi ran away?

More please..

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh, poor little Obi-wan!

16. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh man Qui-Gon you need a lesson in talking to little kids fast!!!!!! Poor little Obi so upset he ran away. Now Qui you go find him and make him feel better!!!!!

Please post more!!!! I love this thread!!!!!

17. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Oh, poor kid! Can't wait to see what happens next!

18. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Poor Obi!

POOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

19. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Awwwwwwww! Snuffle! Poor kid!

20. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    Daia counted again. 21... 22... 23... 24... 24... Alright, who's missing?

"Alright children. Let's all find out partners."

The neat lines vanished as the small figures milled around grabbing hands and searching for their buddy.

"Daia."

Turning towards the sound of her name, the young caretaker spied a small girl standing aside from the crowd.

"Yes, Meri. What is it?"

"I don't have a partner."

"Who are you assigned to dear?"

"Obi-Wan."

Sith. Obi-Wan Kenobi, I should have known you'd be the one to disappear. Rubbing her temples, the young woman wondered if she could convince one of the master's to take him as a padawan and take him off of her hands. Surely 7 isn't too young...

Banishing the thought quickly, the reached down to take Meri Irhanah's hand and lead the children back to the creche. Leaving the aide's to tuck them in for their naps, Daia began a slow search of the isolated area of the Temple which contained the creche and playrooms.

Time disappeared from her consciousness as she continued to search. Evening meal came and went with no sign of him. Daia was forced to give up the hope that he was just tucked away some where. Notifiying the Council, she went back to the creche to tend the children while the Temple was searched.

-------------------------------

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Opening her eyes, Daia glanced around. Her mind had time to register the fact that she was sitting in a chair rather than in her bed before Master Yoda tapped her once again with his gimer stick.

Oh, Obi-Wan.

Shaking the sleep from her head, Daia asked, "Have you found him Master Yoda?"

"Found him we have not. In the Temple he is not. Leave he did. Captured on holovid it was."

Obi-Wan? Alone in Coruscant? By the Force, how do you find a child that small in a city this big?

Placing her head in her hands, Daia wondered what the penalty was for misplacing a child.

21. Keyla_Kenobi

Keyla_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2000
    I can't see the whole page, it doesn't fully open... somebody knows why?
    By the way, this post it just fantabulostic!!! (I think I said that before but anyway...=D
    Keep posting!!! =D=D=D

22. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Lil' Obi alone in the big bad city... Find him, someone ! Qui-Gon, Yoda... anyone!

23. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000

Cold. Dark. Cold. Dark.

Night fell quickly over Coruscant. The quiet of the Republic sector of the planet gave way to the hushed light and loud music of bars and cantinas as the boy wandered farther from the Temple.

As first hour passed, the planet's climate control began to produced rain. In an effort to avoid the chilling water, Obi-Wan descended to the lower levels of the city. Dropping below the level of government and offices, of shops and cantinas, or homes and business, until all the surrounded him was darkness.

Slipping through an abandoned storefront, the young Jedi sat against the wall, and drew his legs up to his chest. Wrapping his arms around his knees, he tried to sleep. The chill in his bones and the hunger in his stomach kept him awake.

In desolation, he wondered what would become of him now. All I wanted to be was a Jedi Knight. But I can't be. He said I can't be. He won't let me. Bruck says I can't. Daia tells me I'm not trying hard enough. He says I'll be a healer, a farmer. I won't be a Jedi. I won't be a Jedi. I won't be...

Drifting off to sleep, Obi-Wan did not see the hand which covered his face, nor did he feel the prick of the needle.

24. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Holy Sith! Someone's snatching a young Jedi initiate!!

Where's Qui-Gon? He should be out there looking for that boy?

25. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Please Post ! pleasssse pleeeeeaassse please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.