main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creche Masters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daphne, Jun 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    This is soooo cute Daphne! Please give us more!

2. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    The 20 minute shuttle trip to the Senate had taken 2 hours. Daia didn't know how they'd managed, but between fresher stops every other district and the heavy air traffic, she decided it wasn't the worst that could have happened. //Look at you! Not even there yet and already trying to guess the casualties.//

Daia did have to admit things had been very quiet. Too quiet. As soon as she'd seen Obi-Wan and Meri playing shuttle launch on their datapads, she'd known there would be trouble. After all, it was too much to ask that the two initiates with frequent flier miles at the healers would stay out of trouble.

Her fear had been compounded by the fact the Bruck and Kayna had taken the seats directly behind them. She had been eyeing the first aid kit the whole time... and *nothing* had happened.

She had had an all around quiet time sitting up front with one eye on the driver and another on the troublesome foursome. The others though... Mace had barvely volunteered to sit in back - little did her know that the initiates who had a tendancy for motion sickness huddled back there. //Let him figure it out for himself.// He had, and now he alternated between wiping off children, and glaring at her.

Alex had settled himself into a seat for the ride over. Daia guessed he was still there. Eight girls had descended on the seat as soon as he settled down. //And I bet he doesn't even realize he's cute.//

Glancing sympathetically at Qui-Gon she turned away before she giggled and he killed her. The picture of him wiping noses and telling stories to hyperactive children wasn't one she was ready to see.

As the shuttle docked, Daia waited until the initiates had all climbed down before chasing the stragglers, Bruck and Kayna, from the shuttle. Watching them, she had an insight into why the trip was so quiet - they were staggering around like they were drunk.

Suspicious with good cause, Daia made a beeline for Master Jinn and his padawan.

3. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Oh man are they going to get it!

hehehe :)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Daphne, I love all the younger versions of the characters we've come to know and love. This is such a sweet, cute story.

Please keep posting.

5. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    The tapping on his shoulder almost caught him off guard.

"Qui-Gon."

*What did I do to desearve *that* tone of voice?*

"What seems to be the problem Daia?"

Between scowls, she jestured towards the two stumbling initiates. "What did you do to them?"

Qui-Gon might have laughed at the young woman staring up at him with an intense look of malice, if he hadn't known she still hadn't forgiven him for losing one of *her* initiates.

"I did it Master."

"What?" It was Qui-Gon's turn to stare. It wasn't the hard serious stare Daia directed at him. This was more of a jaw-hanging-open-what-did-you-do-padawan-drunken-initiates-when-I-recover-I'll-kill-you kind of stare.

"Well... I was listening to the living force, like you always tell me to do, and I could sense that their master here," nodding to Daia, "and some of the others were a little wary of them, so I thought if they were intoxicated they couldn't cause as much trouble."

Qui-Gon looked from Xanantos to Daia and back again. Finally he broke the dumbfounded silence. "How?"

"I simply used the meditation patterns you taught me for hangovers and reversed them."

Turning abruptly on her heels, Daia stomped off towards the assembled group. She called out over her shoulder, "Then fix it!"

*Does he really believe two drunken initiates are a *good* thing to have wandering the halls of the senate?*

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Xanatos reminds me a little to much of an ex-friend of my Nephews. He is an ex-friend because of the stupid stunts he would pull, just like this!!!!

Love this thread, more more more!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Here's a question for my loyal, semiloyal, and occasional readers.

I have this written through the end of "The Field Trip". Question is: Would you like to see it continue and what part of Obi's life are you interested in reading about?

Thanks for your help.

PS. Thanks for reading. It really helps to know *someone* likes this stuff.

8. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Daphne,

By all means continue!!!!!!!

I love just about any Young Obi story. I am particularly drawn to stories with Obi between the ages of about 9 and 14. The emotional connection with Qui at this age seems so much more poignant. Although little Obi stories are so few and far between I am always thrilled when a new one starts. I also don?t really care if the fiction follow the JA books are not, that is what fan fic is for, for the authors to create there own version of the lives of your favorite Jedi. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us.

9. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    BY not adhering to the Jedi Apprentice series, You should feel free to have Qui-Gon dump Xanatos like old trash! I never liked that boy, and I don't see any reason Qui-Gon should have to put up with him. Qui-Gon belongs with Obi-Wan!!!

10. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    "... and on our right you can see the Chancellor's tower. The Supreme Chancellor's office, and those of all his aides are located within, as well as those of all the delgation heads. We will stop by and visit the Chancellor himself after our visit to the Senate gallery."

Daia barely heard the droid reciting mountains of information about the Senate complex. All she could think was the maybe Xanatos had been right. Ever since those two sithspawn had sobered up they'd also been posing as a menace to maintaining control over the tour.

Bruck and Kayna and several of their groupies hung back, trying and failing to escape Mace's watchful eyes. Xanatos lead the party, more, she suspected, out of a desire to avoid the masters, who were unimpressed with his stunt, than out of a genuine interest.

Glancing around, Daia smiled wickedly as she saw the imploring look in Alex's eyes. The fact that Meri had latched herself onto the padawan hadn't been unnoticed, but since it was sure to keep her out of trouble, Daia wasn't about to intervene. *Someday she'll be a padawan and he'll be a master, and they'll look back and laugh... or run.*

Feeling the tightening around her hand, the young master glanced down. Obi-Wan was increasing the death grip he kept on her 4 fingers. "Obi-Wan, would you loosen up a bit. You're about to break something."

"Oh sorry Daia." She noticed that the boy did look sorry, and she took the time to pat his hand before stopping to break up an arguement building over who would get the last stick of gum.

"Daia, does he have to keep staring at me?"

"Who dear?" Glancing around, she couldn't figure out who had the poor boy so on edge.

"Master Jinn."

The whisper was hushed and she might have giggled at his paranoia. Looking over, she couldn't help but notice the look Qui-Gon kept directing at Obi-Wan.

//I have a bad feeling about this.//

11. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    I for one would love for you to continue. Of course, I love young Obi stories, but I'd like young Alex and Meri stories, too. Whatever you feel comfortable doing, though, would be fine. I like your other threads, too!

12. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Yes please, do continue!
    I'm an inveterate lurker, sorry, but I really am enjoying the pre-Padawan stories. I like them best when Obi is any age but 6.
    Thanks for the entertainment!

13. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Please post again---I am going slowly crazy as I try to figure out why Qui-Gon IS looking at Obi-Wan that way.

14. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    *I've been replaced.*

Sifting through memories of sugary birthday cake and a very weathered little bantha, Qui-Gon couldn't help but stare at Obi-Wan. The death grip he had on Daia's hand could not be disguished, nor could the warm smiles in quiet jokes they shared as the tour continued.

*She's stealing *my* Obi-Wan!*

Stopping in his tracks, he caused a four initiate pile-up as they crashed into the suddenly immoble Jedi master.

Daia waved her hand in front of Qui-Gon's face, hoping he would react. Sharing a confused shrug with Alex, who had pried Meri from his arm long enough to help the other children up, she decided drastic measures were called for.

The sensation of someone knocking on his head caught his attention. Hearing a voice whisper in his ear, "Is anyone home?" almost made him laugh.

Satisfied that Qui-Gon had returned to the land of the living, Daia quieted the youngsters who were convinced *this* was the ideal time to run amuck. Dragging a few by their ears, she shot another worried look at Qui-Gon before motioning for the tour guide to continue.

15. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    This is just too precious. LOL And funny. Your doing great work Daphne. Keep it up!

16. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I am loving this!!! Oh, please have Qui-Gon dump Xanatos. Getting kids drunk?! Bad boy!

17. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Mace groaned. Spending the better part of a day tugging initiates around by their ears was *not* his idea of fun. //You could have warned me these children were absolutely Sithly!//

That smirk Daia gave him was making him want to give up his Council seat just for a chance to duke it out with her.

//Not appropraite behavior Master Windu.//

Glaring at the young woman, he wondered if any of his thoughts were safe. *Who are you kidding? She spends her days second guessing initiates. She has to be either telepathic or suicidal to do this.*

Turning away from the scene Mace was getting embroiled in, Daia nodded towards a grouping of tables to one side of the small cafe. Stopping to feed the children before meeting the dignitaries was a must.

Once all the children had placed their orders, Daia motioned for the other adults to go ahead before placing her order and paying the servo-droid with a handful of credit chips. Making her way towards an empty seat, she heard her name - not once, not twice, but three times.

Qui-Gon motioned her over, but her bitterness towards his padawan's behavior, and his treatment of one of *her* initiates, made it easy to ignore his gesture of peace. Alex was hoping she would come and save him, but the thought of "rescuing" a padawan from a giggling initiate busily feeding him strawberries wasn't on her top ten list. The other culprit just happened to be her favorite person. Obi-Wan. //When did Obi-Wan become my favorite?// Shrugging her shoulders, she settled into the small corner table and smiled at the boy.

Qui-Gon felt a rippling through the pit of his stomach. *She's stealing *my* padawan.*

Recoiling her glanced at Xanatos to see if his thought had been overhead. Satisfied that it hadn't, he wondered where it had come from.

*Obi-Wan? My padawan? Jinn you must be losing it.*

18. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Lovin it Daphne!

We need more young Obi stories. Keep 'em going!

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    *She's stealing *my* padawan.*

Better start listening to that voice Qui-Gon!!

Daphne, yes, yes, please continue!! I'm such a JA junkie and you write them so well!!

20. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Your inner voice speaks wisely Master Jinn, don't be a idiot and ignore it.

HL I am a JA junkie also, nice to know I am not alone with my addiction :D You are so correct about how good this is also, so Daphne please please please keep up the good work!!!!!!

21. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Thanks! You're doing wonderful things to my ego with all of this praise.

Tha field trip was almost over and the master's could breathe a sigh of relief. Once they left the Chancellor's office, they would be free to pack the rugrats onto the shuttle and head for the Temple.

Mace couldn't have been happier. In his small group he'd already assigned more hours of corner standing than any one master should have to oversee. Getting them away from the Chancellor before they could cause a scene was a gift of the Force.

Alex looked about ready to chew off his hand. Although the death grip Meri used to attach herself to him might soon eliminate the need. Daia watched in amusement. *She just might try to hide him under her bed.*

As for Qui-Gon, he too had some discipline problems. Not with the initiates, but with his padawan. After lecturing him sternly about the incident with Bruck and Kayna, he had thought things were fine, and they had been - until he caught the boy sneaking off towards a closet with a young senate clerk.

Rubbing his temples, he wondered how Daia managed to cope with the headaches the children must cause. Glancing over, he wished he hadn't looked. Obi-Wan Kenobi was introducing her to the Chancellor.

"... and this is *my* master."

The dagger through his heart might have been only in his mind, but the need to correct the situation was paramount.

The trip back to the Temple was agony. Not only did Daia keep shaking her head at his attempts to talk to her, but Obi-Wan had fallen asleep with his head on her shoulder.

*She's stealing *my* padawan!*

22. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    D-Day
    :::::

Qui-Gon paced rather anxiously outside the door to the Council chambers.

*What did I do this time?*

Being summoned before the Council first thing in the morning could not mena good things. Ever since, since Xanatos, the thought of more trouble with the Council had rolled right off his back, but today - well, today felt different.

Slowly the outer door opened and a young initiate slipped through. Blinking in surprise, Qui-Gon surpressed a flicker of guilt. Eyeing the boys long blond locks, he realized that he must surely be approaching his 13th birthday. Perhaps, just perhaps, it was time to choose another apprentice.

Memories of intense jealousy flooded his mind as memories of the last time, over a year ago, that he had seen the boy struck him.

The pain that had dominated his consciousness ever since that day, that day Xanatos had drawn his saber, melted as the hope presented. *To create a strong Jedi, Master and Apprentice must have a strong bond.* Smiling at the memory of Yoda's words, he comforted himself with the knowledge that he surely had a strong bond with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Creaking the Council doors opened. Qui-Gon saw the young woman standing before the Council, smiling warmly as she waved the boy to her side. As the door closed, Qui-Gon heard the ritual words spoken.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, do you accept this noble Jedi as your Master?"

Rising to flee the Council Chambers, Qui-Gon pushed from his mind the thought that he still had to speak to the Council.

He devoured the distance to his quarters with long strides, not stopping until he sat on the couch with his tea, clutching a stuffed bantha where a padawan ought to be.

23. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

This is a great thread! Post more soon Daphne!!

24. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    *sob* *sob* Obi's not Qui's Padawan? *hick!* there should be a padawan there, not a bantha!!! *sob*

25. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    NOOOOOO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.