main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creche Masters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daphne, Jun 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Araviah

Araviah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2000
    Daphne..I am humbled by your obvious gift..I hope the hilarious antics with Ob1 and Jinn never cease and that you will keep writing them as always-

-"See you I do. Kick your but I will."-
    Araviah-

2. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    //Master?//

//Yes, padawan?//

"You can hear me? Neat!"

Smiling, Daia continued unpacking the boxes of dishes and furniture the Temple had provided. Sighing, she decided *this* was definately the most time consuming part of taking a padawan. It had taken only a few moments for Obi-Wan to unpack the things he had brought from the creche, and even less time for her to unpack her things.

Finally, succeeding in clearing a space on the couch, Daia sank into the cushions.

"Padawan."

"Yes, Master?"

"Come here and bring a towel."

Not bothering to hide the confused wrinkle between his eyebrows, Obi-Wan fetched one of the fluffy white towels Daia had hung in the bathroom. Holding his out, the confused wrinkly deeped when she spread it on the floor and motioned for him to have a seat.

Sliding from the couch, Daia knelt behind her padawan and produced a pair of scissors. "Hold still Obi-Wan."

Hearing the sounds of gentle snipping, Obi-Wan tried hard not to wiggle, but the excitement of having a padawan haircut was almost too much. Finally, she paused and presented him with a small hand mirror. Gazing in delight at the new, spiky haircut, he couldn't help but finger the wisp of hair that would soon a be a long braid.

Watching as her hands brought the scissors to her own hair, he saw the long strand clipped neatly. Before he could form the question, he gazed into the mirror, seeing her own hair braided into his small wisp. The colors matched so closely that it appeared to make a full braid.

"For now padawan, I will give you a braid, but someday you will have your own, with only a small bit on my hair."

Turning around, Obi-Wan hugged her tightly before adding, "But you'll always be my master."

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    WHAT!!!! Qui-Gon not Obi-Wans Master, what in the name of the force is going on!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work Daphne, no matter what weird turn of events this is a great story!!!

4. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I love this thread Daphne! Personally, I'd have you go through every day of Obi-Wan's life if it keeps this going! It's great how Qui-Gon's already thinking about Obi-Wan as something other than one of the initiates, even if he doesn't quite realise it yet!

I agree, it's great to see all our favourites appear here!

5. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Denial
    ::::::

"Tunic cleaned?"

"Check."

"Belt polished?"

"Check."

"Boots shined?"

"Check."

"Beard trimmed?"

"Check."

"Lightsaber ready?"

"Che... MACE!"

"What? I'm just making sure all your bases are covered!"

Mumbling something about how hard it was to find normal friends nowadays, Qui-Gon checked himself over in the mirror one last time. *Am I nuts?* Glancing over at Mace sitting in the arm chair with a silly grin on his face, Qui-Gon couldn't help but mutter, "Yeah, I am."

Standing in front of a nondescript doorway in the residential tower of the Temple, Qui-Gon looked every bit the dignified Jedi Master he was supposed to be, and felt every bit the awkward padawan going on his first date.

Pressing the summons button, he stepped back to wait. As the door swung open, Qui-Gon forced a smile. Obi-Wan stood before him, complete with the tan tunics and braid of a padawan.

"Can I help you Master Jinn?"

*Sith! What am I doing here?*

6. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    What you're doing here is getting your padawan, Master Jinn and you better not screw up!

7. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Alright. For once I'm going to do this the easy way and up my stories without more story. Sorry. You can all hit me with a wet noodle later.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yes, Master Jinn, just what is it you're doing there?

Daphne, I'm just about ready.

Healer Leona knots the noodle and begins swinging it around like a lasso.

9. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    *Begins frantic search for noodle*

10. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    You can put down the wet noodles - here's some more story.

Qui-Gon glanced about the apartment, looked desperately for a place to hide. *You've been here for 5 minutes and you've already dug yourself a hole.*

Giving into the fact that he was both committed to a course of action, and completely stuck, he parked himself on the couch, and prayed Obi-Wan wouldn't say much while Daia was in the next room.

Siddling up to the big guy on the couch, Obi-Wan did the two things that most unnerved the master. He was twirling his new braid between his fingers, and talking - not just talking, but talking to Qui-Gon.

*Sith! What am I doing? I'm not good with *talking* to children!*

Managing to make small replies without swallowing his tongue, Qui-Gon allowed himself to be talked into reading to teh boy from his new datapad.

"Chapter One. Mechanics of Starflight repair.... Obi-Wan are you sure you want me to read this to you?"

"Yuppers! I already passed the Starflight IV test and Daia says I have to do this 'fore I can take Quantum Mechanics II."

Closing his jaw to avoid staring, Qui-Gon began to read, trying not to amuse the boy too much by stumbling over the words. *Starflight repairs? I could certainly go for a padawan who was interested in mechanical things.* *Think about it Jinn, parts all over the living room, grease on his tunics....* Shaking off his inner voice, Qui-Gon plowed ahead into Chapter Two - The princles of starflight.

Sometime around Chapter three, Qui-Gon was conscious of a rustling sound behind him. Rising quickly, he put Obi-Wan down reluctantly and turned to the boy's master. Swallowing hard, Qui-Gon wondered if dating someone just to talk to their padawan was against Temple rules.

Either way, he was about to find out.

11. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    So Qui-Gon does have a devious side to him. I like it! :)

Give us more Daphne! Please?!?!

12. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Where there is a will there is way!!!! Use what ever means you have to to be with Obi Qui, you need each other!!!

13. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Oooooohhh, how sneaky of Qui-Gon!!!!!!

Another great post Daphne!!!

14. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    Well, what ever Qui-Gon's got planned I hope it works!

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon belong together!

More please!

15. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    I just decided to take this story completely AU. Until now, I was just disregarding the JA books, but now I think I'll disregard everything. This next chapter does the trick.

A Harsher Beginning
    :::::::::::::::::::

Qui-Gon paced back and forth. Each lap took him past the photo on the mantle. Obi-Wan Kenobi on his 13th birthday. Flanked on one side by a smiling master, and on the other by Qui-Gon. The fact that Qui-Gon was willing to immerse himself in another padawan came as a surprise to most of the masters. Few had thought he would be willing after that *unfortunate* incident with Xanatos, even fewer had thought he would get involved due to romatic entaglements, but there it was.

Of course, all that was far from the Jedi's current train of thought. All he could focus on now was a feeling of foreboding flooding his sense of the force - and it all centered around Obi-Wan's first mission. True, the anxiety might have been due to that fact that he loved the boy and he loved the master, but not all of it.

The knot building in the pit of his stomach was due to somethign else entirely. The trip to Melinda/Daan was supposed to be easy - both Obi-Wan's first mission, and Daia's first mission after becoming the initiate's master. Something told him that it wasn't to be.

Giving in, Qui-Gon found himself standing outside their door. Palming his was inside, he was greeted by the sight of two Jedi about to embark on their mission. Then, he was knocked over.

"QUI-GON! I get to go on a mission! Isn't it great? Are you coming too? Please say you are. It'll be more fun that way! You can even help me study! Please?" Turning his head, he gave Daia the best pout he could muster - lower lip drooping, eyes lowered, and nose sniffling - and she nodded.

"Are you free to join us Qui-Gon?"

What could he say? Qui-Gon Jinn arrived intent on stopping them, and left with the docking bay as his destination.

16. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I cry the cry of fan fic fans "YOU'RE LEAVING IT THERE!?!"

17. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    I echo Jodiwent.

MOREMOREMORE!

18. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh my, Obi is going on his first mission and it is to Melinda/Daan, what potential for torture, angst and mush. The staples of JA fic, whether they are AU or not. Love this thread, Qui is so cute in this story, he loves Obi and he loves his Master. He may find this mission to be very hard.

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh dear. The tragic possibilities in this are tremendous. Now Qui-Gon has two people to angst over.

Well done Daphne!!!

20. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

I agree Kelly. This is just such a great story! Please post more and soon Daphne!!! I can't wait to find out what you've got lined up for them!

21. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    One. Two. Three. Four. Turn. One. Two. Three. Four. Turn. One. Two. Three. Four. Turn. One. Two. Three. Four. Turn. One. Thunk.

Qui-Gon glanced down at the book lying at his feet. "Could you please stop pacing? You're making me nervous."

"I'm sorry Daia. I just don't feel right about this mission."

"Take it up with Obi-Wan. I didn't *force* you to come."

Shaking his head, Qui-Gon settled into a chair. Glancing around the small mess, he wondered what exactly they were doing. Melinda/Daan certainly didn't seem to need that much assistance. Intelligence reports told a story on growing unrest between the young and old. Nothing worth pacing over.

Daia had even assured him that a team was being sent only because the knight they had assigned had fallen ill. She and Obi-Wan were available.

Still, something didn't sit right.

Muttering under her breath, Daia wondered if the kitchen droids could be programmed to put tranquilizers into his food. *I've never seen anyone this uptight.* Supressing thoughts about teasing him into submission with jokes about his stuffed pet bantha, Daia rose to summon Obi-Wan.

She needn't have. As she reached the entryway, a blur of tan bowled her over. "Obi-Wan Kenobi! What have I told you about watching where you're going?"

Picking himself up and offering his master a helping hand, Obi-Wan tried to ignore the sound of choking laughter coming from Qui-Gon.

"Really Padawan. Someday you'll have half the Temple in the infirmary if you don't watch out."

22. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
  23. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Now there is a switch, Qui-Gon worrying about the future and not living in the moment and Obi just enjoying himself!!!

Keep it up Daphne, I'm loving it!

24. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Naw, surely not Obi landing everyone in the infirmary..........he, he!!

Keep going!

25. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.