main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creche Masters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daphne, Jun 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan stared out the window. It was silly, and he knew a jedi padawan shouldn't think things like that, but... but... he wanted Mr. Snuggles.

Drawing his knees to his chest, the boy shrank back from the approaching sounds of blaster fire. Fingering the place on his belt where Daia had placed his lightsaber, he wondered about his master.

Where was she? Why wasn't she here? Didn't she love him? Was he doing the right thing?

The echoing throughout the sewers made him long for the streets of Coruscant. *At least there, Qui-Gon came for me.* A flash of red rushing past his hole in the wall drew him out. Glancing one way, then the next, he drew a small blaster pistol from his tunic before following the red head.

Hearing his name called out from behind him, he almost paused, but survival took over, and he dashed headlong into their hiding place of the young.

Grinding to a stop, Qui-Gon reached into the force, but it was no use. The boy was shielding too well. The sound of blaster fire forced him to step back into a hole in the wall.

*Give it up Jinn. You'll never find him if he doesn't want to be found.*

*You promised her Jinn. Don't you always keep your word?*

Gnashing his teeth in frustration, Qui-Gon waited for the scouts to pass before heading up towards the street. He would just have to take things one step at a time.

2. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Have I ever told you that I absolutely love this thread? Yes, I love it! Just love it! MORE MORE MORE!!!

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Ah gee Daphne that was sad, poor Obi seems kinda lost. Qui-gon you need to break down those shields and find Obi, he needs to you!

Loving it Daphne, please give us more!

4. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    more story please!

5. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Definately more please!!!!! This is just such a great story!

6. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Yeah! What they said! Love it and give us more!

7. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Well.... Since you all asked so nicely, I'll give you some more.

--------------

Qui-Gon paced for a moment or two in the passageway of the shuttle. The Council was sending messages every hour to forget about Obi-Wan and get off planet before their very presence sparked more conflict.

The pilot was begging for him to allow the shuttle to, at the very least, orbit. The groundfighting and sabotage was so intense he feared the hyperdrive would be damaged.

And, even he had to admit, that the boy had left of his own free will. Qui-Gon had never heard of a padawan returning his own saber and pledging himself to a war that was not his own. *Trust Obi-Wan to be unique.*

But none of those things occupied his mind right now. Now, the first, foremost, and only thing he could think about was what to say to her. Gathering his courage and resolve, Qui-Gon pushed through the hatch, and stumbled. She looked so much worse than when he had left that morning. Sith, *he* hurt just watching.

"Daia? Daia, can you hear me?"

A soft sigh was his only answer. The effort caused her to wince, and the small cabin sounded quieter than ever as he heard the rasping sound coming from the blaster hole in her chest.

Kneeling beside her, Qui-Gon took her hand. He could replay each moment he'd known her. He didn't try to think of all the things she had done, unwitting bringing both herself and Obi-Wan into his life. Instead, he merely focused on her.

He could feel her life force slipping through his fingers. At the end, she gathered just enough strength to open her eyes and whisper softly to him. "Please, bring him home, and promise you will train him."

Seeing her eyes close, and her head lean softly into the pillow, Qui-Gon bent his head to speak softly into her ear. "I will bring him home. I give you my word as a Jedi." The catch in her breath told him she heard his promise, but he would always wonder if she caught his last words. "I love you, and I love Obi-Wan. You are my family Daia."

By the time he finished, he knew he would have to contact the Council. The announcement of her death could not be avoided.

Steeling himself for that, he focused on the one thing he had left. "I will find him. I have to."

8. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    *Gasp*

I knew it! I knew it!

FInd him, QUI!

9. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    What are you waiting for Qui! Go and find Obi! He needs you!

Daphne...please...must...have...more!

10. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Very touching Daphne. Now go and find him Qiu-Gon!

11. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan winced in pain. Holding both hands to his head, he wondered for a brief moment if he was dying. The small room spun and he could feel the force surge through him. Dropping to his knees, the boy could think of only one explanation for the pain. //Master?//

The spinning intensified until all he wanted to do was close his eyes. Hearing his name called from somewhere behind him, he fought against the tide of darkness for a long moment before giving in to the darkness.

Somewhere in the force, a calm hand steadied him as the boy's compatriot's tried to decide what to do with him. When a small girl insisted that they didn't know what was wrong with him, and a dead Jedi was no good to their cause, several of the young ones lifted him up and left, intent on dropping him off near his ship.

Qui-Gon reached out with the force for the boy, suddenly wishing he hadn't. The shock of the broken bond between master and apprentice could be felt strongly. //Obi-Wan?// Grabbing his robe, he abandoned all thoughts of calling the Council, and merely hoped that the shock wasn't too much for the boy.

//Obi-Wan, I'm coming. Hang in there.//

12. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Mending Fences
    ::::::::::::::

Qui-Gon bent over the small form resting on the bunk. Searching through the force yet again for the boy's injury, his spirits deflated. The torn bonds between master and apprentice had been so strong... *What did you expect Jinn? They've known each other for 13 years. He knew her name before his own.*

Stroking the damp forehead, Qui-Gon wondered how much longer Obi-Wan could last. A mind healer was desperately needed, but they were still 2 days our from Coruscant. Finding him in the field near the shuttle had been a small mercy, losing him now, so soon after Daia, might be his undoing.

Crossing the small cabin, he activated the comm unit, and waited until the connections were made. Seeing the blue face of An-Paj soon fill the screen was a small relief. Shaking his head, the healer repeated that their was nothing that the Temple could do over such a great distance. It was up to Qui-Gon to save the boy now.

Arranging Obi-Wan in a seated position, Qui-Gon stepped back. He might have been 13, but he looked smalled, frailer, in the harsh lighting. Kneeling on the bunk next to him, Qui-Gon leaved his forehead against Obi-Wan's and began the meditation. He was out of ideas - he would just have to try to fix the broken bonds and the only way he knew to do it was to take Daia's place.

13. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Alright - Due to a complete lack of user comments to new posts, I am now adopting the Sithly-Author posting procedure.

Rule #1: You post = I post.

Rule #2: Jedi Princess posts on No Matter What = Daphne happy and posts MORE.

Rule #3: Someone posts on Virtual Reality = Daphne happy and posts MORE.

Rule #4: Each reader can only call me sithly once. After that, create your own insults.

May the Force Be with You.

----------And NOW.... On with the story---------

Obi-Wan felt the tingling in the back of his mind. Struggling towards consciousness, he searched out the thin thread glittering through the force that still connected him to her. It was gone.

In its place a thick strong bond joined him to his master. For a brief moment, Obi-Wan rejoinced and tried to pull himself from his sleep. The moment passed once he felt the presence at the other end of the master/padawan bond. It wasn't Daia.

//NOOOOOOOOOOO!//

Qui-Gon jolted out of his meditation. The small boy had lurched from his arms and was shaking so hard the blankets were falling from the bunk. "Obi-Wan." //Obi-Wan.//

Although it was obvious through the force that the child was awake, Qui-Gon could see no indication of it. Reaching out, he touched the boy's shoulder and watched as Obi-Wan flinched away.

Puzzled Qui-Gon pulled him closer and wrapped his arms around Obi-Wan. "It's alright..... padawan. I'm here for you."

He was shocked to hear the caustic words that came from the 13 year old's mouth. "I'm not your padawan. My master is dead and you took her from me."

His shock deeped as he watched his new apprentice retreat from the cabin. His whereabouts were broadcast loudly throughout the shuttle as the door to the mess was slammed loudly. Rubbing his temples, Qui-Gon couldn't help but wonder - "What have I gotten myself into this time?"

14. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    OK, you've shamed me into submission. I'll give up my lurking ways and brown nose you shamelessly!
    :)

15. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh yhea!

More.

16. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Hey, I give regular feedback on this thread...

*hrrrummpphhh*

I'll make a deal with ya, one post, one reply *grin*

17. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Well now...I *was* going to reply this time around, I lost the whole forum for a while and am catching up...but I'll keep *my* comments for when we're running low and need a post from you :)
    btw: It's very interesting. Unexpected certainly, but *very* interesting.

18. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    This is great. Now Qui has to convince Obi to be his padawan. What a switch!

19. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    ///Rule #1: You post = I post. ///

Could that be considered a contractual agreement? I do believe you owe us about 6 posts at this point! ;)

20. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Well, Rule 1 could be considered a contract, but it's not a one for one post thingy - unless you want one word posts, that is.

It does however, mean that I don't practice the fine art of fan torture.

Sorry, but I don't have time to post more story 'til after work though.

21. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Okay, I'm posting! Now it's your turn Daphne. Just joining the rest of the lynch mob, I mean posters.

22. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I leave for one day and come back to threats!!! I have to admit those threats seemed to have driven the lurkers out, very effective.

Now you must post and soon!!! This is just to sad of a situation to leave us haning.

23. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Qui-Gon listened outside the mess. It was quiet. Too quiet. *Sith, Daia. Why did you have to try and help those children?* *You wanna know why Jinn, because she loves children.*

Groaning, Qui-Gon took the time to wonder if voices arguing in your head made you a candidate for the Coruscant Mental Health Center. He did know one thing, the one voice he wanted to hear in between his ears wasn't there.

*And did you have to teach him to shield right off the bat?!?*

Placing his ear agaist the door, Qui-Gon could detect a soft "ping" sound coming from inside. //What the kreff is he doing?//

Slowly cracking the door, Qui-Gon could see Obi-Wan sitting cross legged on the table, intently concentration on the opposite wall. Following the boy's line of sight, Qui-Gon spyed a holo of himself pinned up and and counted four darts sticking to it. Suppressing a groan, he figured it was now or never.

"Obi-Wan?"

The boy jumped from the table as if he'd been shocked. "Go away."

"No. I want to talk to you."

Quicker than Qui-Gon was prepared for, Obi-Wan drew a blaster from his waist. Shocked at the absence of a lightsaber, and the presence of an blaster, Qui-Gon didn't even have time to process the fact that the boy had just been in a war. Reflexively drawing his saber, Qui-Gon groaned when he realized he was in the middle of a Republic shuttle engaged in a showdown with his 13 year old apprentice.

//Sith. Can this day get any better?//

24. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Qui-gon, you just invoked Murphy's Law. now s/t else has to go wrong. bad boy.

25. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

People not posting? No posts if we don't? Sob, I was only away for a couple of days!!!

Can't wait to see how Qui-Gon solves this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.