main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creche Masters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daphne, Jun 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh Qui-Gon you have no idea how much worse this day could get.

Great post Daphne, I can't wait for more!

2. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Qui-Gon anticipated the first shot, but the second and third came swiftly on it's heels.

Deflecting them quickly, he hoped he wouldn't hit anything of importance, but he was too drained from the bonding to direct them to their final destinations.

A whooshing sound told him of the hyperdrive disengaging, and all to soon, he realized what was happening. He had known Obi-Wan was a skilled mechanic, but he had never seen someone so able to direct a piece of machinery with the force before.

Understanding too late that the spray of blaster fire had been meant to distract him, he heard the pilot's voice over the intercom. "Master Jedi, I can't control the shuttle. It's like it has a mind of it's own!" A moment later came the warning of an impending landing.

Qui-Gon blinked and the boy was gone. Running in pursuit, he ducked through the half opened cargo door and bolted after the brown robes fluttering away. Slamming to a stop, he felt the bond tearing. A shout from across the clearing greeted him. "Leave me! I don't want to be a Jedi and I am NOT your padawan."

A look of betrayal flashed across Qui-Gon's face. *After all the time spent together, after all the love, after all the energy the boy had invested in becoming a Jedi, he finds the thought of apprenticeship with me distasteful enough to leave to order.*

Raising his shields to spare the boy the stabbing pain he felt, Qui-Gon reached into his mind to gently severe the last bits of a link he shared with his padawan. *With Daia's padawan.*

Watching Obi-Wan disappear into the shadows of the forest, Qui-Gon wondered what would become of a 13 year old boy all alone in the world. Drowning in maudlin thoughts about how Obi-Wan had always belonged to Daia and never really him, Qui-Gon turned to comfort in the memory of a small boy who he had not wanted. It would take alot of energy to pound the thought into his mind, but perhaps he could convince himself that he had never cared for the boy at all, merely the master.

3. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    ArrghhH!!! NoOOooOO! Go after him, Qui-Gon!

4. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Blame it on whoever made the Murphy's law comment....

I feel like some young-Obi angst, so....

Stay Tuned folks.

5. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    I'll tune in tomorrow for more...

6. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    *sob* sorry for the murphy's law crack. *sob* I'll shut up now. *sob* top *sob*

7. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Didn't see this coming. Intence.

8. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Wow. What a lot of wallowing...somebody needs to paddle both Master *and* Padawan. Smack some sense into them -- isn't Obi-Wan at all interested in Daia's funeral? Is she having one?
    Pair of selfish twits at the moment. I feel very sorry for the pilot and amazed at Obi-Wan's expertise.

9. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan stared at the piece of wall in front of them. *How long has it been? Two hours? Three? Longer?* He had known no one would eager to see him, he didn't deserve to be here. Ignoring the pain in his back and knees from the meditation stance, he tried desperately to connect to the force.

Had it really been two years since he had last knelt in this manner? Two years since his master had died. Two years since he hopped a freighter and headed back to Melinda/Daan. Two years since he had left the order and broken Qui-Gon's heart.

For two long years, Obi-Wan had tried to fight for the children of Melinda/Daan - tried to fight for them in his master's memory, tried to fight for them as she would have wanted. For two years he had believed, but the war had changed him. In moments when he could be completely honest with himself, he knew he fought not for the children, but with them. No longer a Jedi, he was disgracing his master's order.

One morning he had woke to the sound of cannon fire, and he had been frightened by its nearness. Mentally he cried for his master, but this time the face he saw was not the kind smiling face that had looked favorably at him since childhood. No, this was the craggy bearded face of his master, his real master. The man that had loved him and wanted him, the one that had saved his life and cherished Daia. That morning he sought passage on a spice ship to the inner rim and from there, to Coruscant.

No matter how great his desire to, he could no longer find the peace that Master Jinn had always preached about, nor did meditation offer the sancuary Master Daia had once promised it held. The differences between then and now were just to stark.

The sound of impatient tapping ended him futile attempt at meditation. *Again, I fail. I was never fit to be a Jedi.*

Obi-Wan bowed his head toward the small Jedi before him. "Master Yoda, thank you for seeing me."

"Humph. He you should not be. Want something you do."

The tone he used saddened the boy greatly, but he pushed the feelings away. *You gave up whatever respect he might have had for you, just get on with it.*

"I wish to apologize to the order and to Master Jinn."

The tapping of his gimer stick stilled as the Jedi Master eyed the young man. "Ties you him you have cut. Order him to see you I will not."

Bowing his head, Obi-Wan kept his eyes on the floor. Preventing the Master from sensing the defeat, he kept his expressive eyes downcast even as he pleaded his case.

"Just ask him, please Master Yoda. I... I was so very wrong and I need to apologize to him before I... I decide what to do with my life."

Obi-Wan did not dare to hope when the master did not immediately refuse him and send him away. "Ask I shall. Here you shall remain."

At the sight of the closing door, Obi-Wan's spirit slumped even lower. Now if only he knew what to say to the man he had betrayed so horribly.

10. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Oh, great post Daphne! I just love this thread! I can't wait to see what Obi-Wan's going to say to Qui-Gon!

11. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Now that was unexpected. Obi stayed for 2 more years, now he wants to return. Can't wait to see what he will say to Qui-Gon and how Qui-Gon will react to him!!! Could get very mushy, not that I am complaining!

12. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan rose as the Jedi master entered the room. Qui-Gon surveyed the boys clothes, tattered but clean, and his bare feet. Staring up at his face, Obi-Wan had expected *something*. Love, hate, disgust - anything but the face as blank as a wall of stone.

Still on his knees, Obi-Wan bowed his head to the floor and struggled to keep his composure. *You haven't cried yet, don't embarrass yourself any more by doing it here.*

"Master Jinn, . I realize that my behavior the last time we met was unfitting a Jedi and unfitting to Master Daia's memory. I am sorry for imposing on you now, but I only wished to apologize before deciding if my life... excuse me, how my life, will continue. I know it is foolish, but I wish to make up for my actions." Stopping at the end of his speech, Obi-Wan waited.

"I forgive you." The words sounded flat and Qui-Gon's face never shifted. Obi-Wan's hopes fell. He had expected to be yelled at, insulted, maybe even ordered to leave, but this.... *Stop it Kenobi, this is no more than you deserve.*

Scrambling to his feet, Obi-Wan bowed again before turning to leave. Trying to remember his way out of the Temple, he almost missed the command - as if Qui-Gon's voice could really be missed.

"Stop."

Hesitantly, the boy turned around. "You did say you wanted to make it up to me didn't you?"

Wordlessly nodding, Obi-Wan tried to swallow about the knot forming in the throat. *Sith, I can't lose it now.*

Following behind Master Jinn, Obi-Wan tried not to entertain thoughts of scrubbing the Temple halls or running around aiding the healers. When he saw the destination Qui-Gon had in mind, the boy blanched. *Keep it together. Let him do whatever he needs to be resolve this. You've got to make it right.*

13. Deborah

Jun 24, 2000
    Yup. It's got to made right. They both need to heal.

14. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    What's next. I hope we find out soon.

15. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Ooooohhh, how is this all affecting Qui-Gon? Well-written again Daphne!

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    OOOhhhh Daphne, I've been gone awhile and you've completely bedazzled me once again.

Where is Qui-Gon taking him? What is he planning? You can't just stop there!!!

17. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    more...more...more...MORE....MORE!

18. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan locked his jaw closed to prevent any type of sound on his part. *Home. He's taking me home. I don't know if I can take this.* *Suck it up Kenobi, you don't get to have any pride left - whatever he wants.*

Qui-Gon quietly palmed the door open. Daia's spirit, her life, could still be flet throughout the rooms - her things sat on the shelves, her drawing still framed on the wall, and a framed holo sat on the mantle - Obi-Wan, Daia, and Qui-Gon on his 13th birthday. Swallowing the lump rising in his throat, he waited for Qui-Gon to speak.

The Jedi master disappeared into a bedroom, *my bedroom*, and reappeared holding a pile of new tunics. "Go take a shower and change clothes." Obi-Wan took the clothes from him and struggled to not answer the order with 'yes master'.

Stepping into the water shower, Obi-Wan allowed the tears to flow. *He's going to get me set up as a Jedi and take me in front of the Council and have them punish me before he kicks me out.* Sobbing, the boy wondered if he could take being publically denounced by the man he had begun to think of as a father.

Fingering the tuft of hair behind his ear, Obi-Wan wondered what had possessed him to leave, to cut his braid, to ignore his master's teachings, to break Master Jinn's heart, but he found no answer.

Qui-Gon paced restlessly in the main room. Yes, Daia's presence was strong here. Even after 2 years, he could still feel it. His things were scattered amongst hers, and he wondered what has possessed him to move in here. *Did you want to banish Xanatos' memory or hang on to Obi-Wan's?* The thought that he did it because of her had been dispelled days after he had settled in. Her memory had still been rather raw, but it had followed him wherever he went. Staying in his old quarters would have brought him no comfort.

Hearing the water run, he thanked the Force that Obi-Wan was still alive. The death of their bond had taken from him any chance to moniter his safety, and although he could understand the boy's anger and rebellion after his master's death, he still habored long buried feelings.

Hearing the water stop, Qui-Gon watched as the boy stepped into the room. Dressed in Jedi tunics and thin as a board, his feet still bare, Obi-Wan looked more like a refugee to the Temple than the boisterous initiate and padawan Qui-Gon remembered.

"Kneel here."

Wordlessly, Obi-Wan knelt at the master's feet. The dread and apprehension rolled off of him in waves, and Qui-Gon could feel the stoic facade he had nutured all this time begin to crack.

Laying his hands on the boys head, he murmured the words. "I, Qui-Gon Jinn, Master of the Jedi order, take Obi-Wan Kenobi as my padawan learner. Do you accept this responsibility?"

Obi-Wan's voice cracked as he looked up and the tall Jedi with tearfilled eyes. "Yes, master. Thank you."

The emptiness in his mind was replaced by the flooding of love and comfort that came with the rebuilding of their bond. Obi-Wan was moved to sobs, first into the back of his hand, and then into his master's chest as he realize Qui-Gon had not replaced Daia. The bond instead gave him access to warm memories locked inside his master's mind.

Just out of their view, two shimmering figures could be seen. "Daia, it is time to go now."

"I was right. They do belong together."

"Of course you were right padawan. You always understood the children."

The blue figured smiled as Qui-Gon leaned down to wipe the remaining tears from Obi-Wan's eyes. "They have so much to do now master, but the greatest challenge has already been overcome."

The last earthly words the blue figures heard was Qui-Gon's soft praise.

"A boy ran from the order, but a man returned to it."

THE END

Alright, you have now had a thread of a variety of different kinds of young Obi mush. Hope you enjoyed. I will tell you that another story will be coming soon.

It is titled "Colors" and it is a young Qui-Gon story.

19. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Yes thank you, enjoyed it quite a lot. A very mixed bag...interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with a young Qui-Gon.

20. Deborah

Jun 24, 2000
    Sniff..sniff..That was wonderful. I really liked the ending.

21. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

A beautiful story Daphne, and excellently told! I'm quite moved!!!! A lovely ending....

22. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Sorry to see this end, but what a beautiful end it was.

23. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    "Mush you huskies."

That was a awsum ending.

24. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    Fantastic! I laughed and cried the whole way through! I'm so glad Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon ended up together.

Can wait to read the next story!

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just repeating, beautiful Daphne, beautiful!!

I'll start looking for 'Colors'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.