Mary Creepcon in June

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ErrantVenture, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    So how many Maryland Fan Force members are planning on going? I may be coming with one other Moisture Farm Co-Op/501st member (actually we aren't a part of Fan Force, but we are a rather large group for a small city). I believe there will be 3-8 501st members there. That's my guess anyhow.
  2. ErrantVenture Jedi Youngling

I requested off work for Sunday, so I should be there that day. I'll try to remeber to bring a camera, and take notes. Is anyone else going to be there Sunday?
  3. gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I plan to be there both days...

Jeff, the head of the Maryland Squad, Carida Garrison, will be there as Vader. He said there should be about 8-9 501 guys as well.

-gh0st
  4. Bria-Tharen Jedi Youngling

WHAT?!! He's going as VADER?! My cybernetic, helmeted dream!? Oh damn...I must go now. Just so I can get a pic......hugging...Vader. Yeah. Hmm...I'll be outta town til Saturday or so. Which means, I was planning on going Sunday. But nothing is certain yet. I'll post again asap, once i figure it out.Unless there's another way to catch up w/you guys to scheme??
  5. keithabbott Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Well that's good to hear their will be a nice 501st showing. I was worried it might be a bit smaller. I believe the folks in the Southern Garrison will just be coming on Saturday. If anyone wants to tag along late Saturday afternoon to see AOTC at the digital theater in Annapolis, that would be wonderful. That's our plan anyhow, I'll know what time as soon as they announce their Sat. showings.
  6. DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Awesome, I am go Saturday. See some of you guys there. Do you think one of the dealers might have the OT VCD set? I've been meaning to get that.
  7. DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ah, just got back from it. It got boring really quickly. I picked up an AotC bootleg DVD for 30 bucks. Well, its hellva better then the LANGUAGE VCDs I made with the bootleg I got off IRC. It supprised me that they would have as many bootlegs as they did. They had phantom edit, OT DVDs, TPM DVD rips, AOTC bootlegs... And one monitor on one of the stands had C3PO recieting a rap... what the hell?!

Anyway I saw 2 vaders, 2 Guards, 2 Stormtroopers, and a Tie Fighter Piolet in a pair tree. =/
    If anyone noticed a 14 year old kid with glasses, that was me.
  8. gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yah, the con was bleh. SO very unorganized. I sat in a line for 30 minutes, because it appeared to be wrapping back around, when I was told it was for a Buffy star, not any of the others. The others, I was told, had their own line! Argh. So, I got autographs from:

Warwick Davis
    Mike Quinn (Nien Nunb among others)
    Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing in Ep 1)
    Shannon Baksa (Model used for Mara Jade photos)

and a few non-SW folk:

Brad Dourif (was in Dune, an X-Files ep, and more)
    Joseph Michael Linsner (by far my favorite comic book artist)

So all in all, a very productive day. I also picked up Versus on DVD. I plan to go back tomorrow!

-- gh0stdevil
  9. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If you'd like, you can email or PM me an official report and I'll be happy to post it on the site with your name. :)
  10. DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    did anyone ask what the deal was with aura sing in ep2? if she knew anything about not returnig in ep2 or a cutscene? i didnt feel like standing in line for an autograph.
  11. keithabbott Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hi again. I'm sorry some of you guys got bored at CreepCon yesterday. I don't blame you though. Other than the SW guests, there wasn't much there other than myself and the other members of the 501st. You guys should have introduced yourselves to us! :)

We had a lot of fun, but I had no idea about the bootlegs. Amazing.

I did talk with Michonne yesterday about Aurra Sing's non-appearance in Ep2. She was dissapointed of course, and really hopes that she'll be in Episode 3. Mike Quinn, also expressed his dissapointment and even said something to the point of a writing campaign. :) I'd be up for that I think.

Anyhow, if you guys ever come down to Virginia, be sure to let the Moisture Farm Co-Op know you're coming down. Maybe we could get together sometime.

Oh and if anyone has pics, please post links. There were only so many I could take while in costume. :)

Signing off,
    Keith (TK1210)
  12. DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    When I got there, (11:30), there were 2 AotCs left, I took one and my friend took the other. We left at about 2:30.
  13. Takwolf Jedi Master

star 2
    My report on Creepcon

Prices for signed photos

Warwick Davis ($15)
    Mike Quinn (Nien Nunb among others)($15)
    Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing in Ep 1)
    ($10)
    Shannon Baksa (Model used for Mara Jade photos) (don't know I could not find her :( )

Having you next door neighbor's 10 yr old daughter chased by to monsters on stilts
    (Priceless)

Yesterday was a good day
    I found a broken meater to park next to that was not taged "no Parking" this equals "Free Parking" so I didn't have to pay inflated Orioles Game prices ($15) for parking

I found out neighbors daughter got free addmission so I only had to pay for my wife and I.

I got there at 2:45 so there were no lines for autographs.

I got to meet cool SW people. (Man is Michonne Bourriague a fine looking woman).

Also got to arm wrestle Vergel from wwf

My only downer was I forgot my camera.

Got mission accomplished in under an hr.

Question, does anyone know who the person was sitting next to Mr Davis at his table?

Bootlegs were at the table in front of the "haunted house". I didn't get them because I have the SW ESB & ROTJ VCD's burned on my HD and I figuared the AOTC was the same crappy one I got on KaZaA (Man I can't wate untill the DVDs come out.)

The peoples dressed as Vader & Tropers looked alsome. The Stilts-monsters were my favorite.

I thought the haunted house was a good deal for $2
    Also I got some digital anamation tips form Mike Quinn wich is a good sorce since he did Yoda in AOTC.

Really I had a great time and it was not bad for a "new" Con
    Maybe with a little more promotion and a few more attractions the next on will be bigger and better

I look forward to next year

Tak
  14. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Very cool. I like your Mastercard parody.
  15. DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    when i went the girl who was mara jade was right next to the aura sing girl..

the aotc DVD isnt too bad in quality actually. very good resilution, although you can tell they ajusteed the iris throughout the film when they changed scenes, some parts were too bright.
  16. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Don't talk about the bootlegs on the boards, keep all conversations about the bootlegs to PM.

Thanks
    Rox
  17. MrSkinnee Jedi Master

star 3
    i think creepcon sucked. i went there on sunday and there was hardly anyone in the place. michonne and shannon were nowhere to be seen. only half of the actors who were advertised on the site as being there actually WERE. walked into the hall and the place was only half full of exhibitors. all in all VERY disappointing

John
  18. DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I remember reading somewhere on the site in fine print that some actors wouldnt be there on sunday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.