main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Creepy Collector Stories

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jango_junkie, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    I saw this on rebelscum.com in the forums and I wanted to know if any of you have met crazy people in the star wars areas of stores that for example, mislead others to get other figures so that they can get all of the ones that they want, talk like they are on crack, Workers act like jerks or don't know what they are talking about, so on and so forth! Anything crazy like that in the local areas?

For me, I have not met any of these people, I might be the hyper one but that is because I am pumped to get what I want. You guys have seen me, Can't shut me up!

Any stories?

2. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I had a guy tell me once that I couldn't look at any of the figures until he was done looking at all of them, because he was there first. Needless to say I told him a few things that started with "F", and continued looking.

3. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Oh yeah, I remember one. It was not me but a friend of mine got in to a fight with a hot wheels collector on 4/2 at target on 528. He was there for the lava vader but this one guy said that if he went ahead of him as they opened, he would break his leg and cussed him out for no reason what so ever.

4. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    probably a dirty toy scalper. The lowest life form on earth.

5. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I ran into a guy at the Walmart at I-40 and Coors around January 2004....Walmart was putting items on clearance....and I had my eye on some TIE Bombers that were located on a top shelf in the clearance aisle....while in the action figure aisle...I saw this guy thumbing thru the Star Wars figures...I asked him if he was a collector and which figure he was looking for...he said he was a collector and said no figure in particular....I told him I was waiting for them to put the TIE Bomber's on clearance and he said he had just talked to the gal who was in the clearance aisle on that and he said she said that they were not going to mark them down....I was kinda ticked that they were ther in the aisle and they would even mark them down...so Yvonne and I went shopping....after we had purchased all of our groceries....we were head for the door....when guess who I saw in front of me with 2 shopping carts filled with all of the TIE Bombers in them.....I ran over to him...grabbed his arm and told him.."YOU WILL SELL ME ONE OF THOSE TIE BOMBERS!!! He did not know what to think...he showed me his receipt and he had paid $12.00 each for them....I looked for the tax....and this guy had used a tax exempt so he did not have to pay the taxes...proof...he was a friggin scalper!

6. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    So did he sell you one?

7. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    He had no choice....I was so mad I would have ripped his ears off like gundark!

8. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    One time I was at Walmart and this Toy scalper was looking for a bloodystump Luke so was this kid. he was looking up and down the pegs. I had told this creep that the kid was looking for a Bloodystump Luke the guy said so! I started looking to and found one it was right below him so I grabed two of the regular Luke's and pretended to call a friend on the phone said (dude found two of them) I will hide them behind the game's shelf so I took off and this scalper being the low life he is followed me
    so I stashed them and went back found the one for the kid and gave it to him the scalper then came back and said that these were not the bloodystump Luke. I said so! I found one and gave it to the kid He looked at me pissed off and went off in the isle. so I told him we have a problem we can take this outside and I will show you a real Bloodystump he turned around and walked off.

9. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Wow I am glad I have ebay!

10. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    scalpers are below rebels, IMHO.:p

I am not a real collector but once I had a guy tell me he was waiting for his friend to show up and get a figure. it was chilling on the peg. I was looking and this guy told me hands off or else. Keep in mind this guy was about 5'4 140lbs and me being 6'1 and 280 I just looked at him and laughed right in his face.I grabbed the figure and walked away.he called me afew names and told me i better not be in the store when his friend showed.

I didnt want the figure, so I dumped it in fabrics. It was jst the fact this dude thought he was such a bad ***. It was hanging on the peg and he thought his stupid threat would make me scared.I saw him and his buddy as I was leaving, boy were they mad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.