main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Crime in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Punk , Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I could see where a lot of money could be made off of looting artifacts that the Empire originally stole. You have to think the Jedi Temple was emptied. Maybe someone can be looking for something from the PT era and have to go through the underworld to get it.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The quest for a graverobbed Jappor snippet. It will bring its seller good fortune.

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Nah. It's a Horcrux

plaidphoenix likes this.
  4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Technically the biggest criminals in the saga so far have been the Jedi and the Rebellion. The nature of crime really depends on who's making the laws. As of this moment, I sort of hope to see more of the good guys as criminals angle in the ST. Of course underworld stuff is always cool too, but I wouldn't want it to take over the story of the main saga.

5. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Someone should steal the Falcon's hubcaps. That would be awesome.

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i think we've seen enough crime in the series. i think it will depend on the state of the empire/villians in the new series.

7. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I like the idea that Star Wars is about things that are bigger than conventional, everyday legal issues. The evil agenda of the Sith involves both starting a galactic war and getting Senators to vote their convictions. The rebellion needs both princesses and scoundrels. I would certainly like to see the galactic underworld, but I don't want to get bogged down in "24"-esque subplots about proper Jedi procedure, good government, whether Han is a drug runner, etc. There should be bigger things at stake.

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    True as far as the Saga is concerned, but I would absolutely love to see a 24-esque Star Wars live action series.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

You could have a whole thread on the 24 lines that should be in Star Wars.

"There's no time!"

"I'm Jedi Knight Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life."

"You're just going to have to trust me!"

"This will help you with the pain."

"I'm gonna need a fusion cutter."

"Dammit!"

10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I can imagine terrorism will be the crime of choice in the ST.

11. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    ^I actually hate the idea of adding terrorism and other "real-world" stuff into the film. There are other films for these kind of issues. Star Wars is fundamentally themed around mythical adventures, the hero's journey, the rite of passage, and the classic fight between good and evil. Star Trek is already doing a good job on bringing up issues on politics, global warming, racism and so on. Let Star Wars remain mythical!

rdhight likes this.
  12. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    This is what I predict will happen. I bet that the opening crawl will talk about how the New Republic is still trying to maintain order in the galaxy 30 something years after ROTJ. Begs the question, why did it only take 3-12 years for Palpy and his crew to throw things into chaos and erect an Empire?

13. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    It took 3-12 years once the action starting but I'd guess the reason he was so effective was planning, planning, planning. Of course it didn't hurt that when the ball started rolling Palpatine was totally ruthless and willing to do whatever it took to secure his rise to power.

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, bringing "order" via being nice and democratic usually takes quite a bit longer than the "shut up and obey or I'll shoot you in the ditch" approach...

plaidphoenix likes this.
  15. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

I agree. Maybe a "Galactia Mafia" or other crime syndicate.

16. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    We might see a guy tries to corner a girl, say how he wants her, etc but soon rescued by a hero.

That's pretty PG enough or PG-13 since ROTS broke that PG barrier already.

17. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I suppose Obi Wan's investigation in AOTC was a bit like a murder enquiry (a whodunnit). I would really like to see a thriller aspect in SW - maybe in a spin off.

18. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I want to see more bounty hunters, smugglers, etc.

I want to get familiarized with the drug trade in the SW universe

And I want to know what the hell is going on, in the underbelly of Coruscant!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.